Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice?

Good evening all - I really wish I had found this site a few years ago - would have helped reduce a lot of anxiety and stress!

I've been browsing and reading through the site as fast as I possibly can to improve my knowledge and understanding and have looked with interest at the unenforceability section / unenforceability diaries.

I have effectively taken this route for a variety of pre 2007 unsecured debts totalling somewhere in the region of £75k. Last full contractual/minimum payment to any of these was in November 2008 - I started a DMP with Payplan in Jan 2009 whilst weighing up wheter an IVA or Bankruptcy would be a better route but ceased payments to that and all contact with creditors from June 2009.

I have never made any CCA requests or had any other type of contact with them - I have moved house a few times and kept a fairly low profile (minimal credit checks / only on the redacted electoral roll, etc.) - have received the occasional threatening letters from time to time but have generally ignored them.

Just before Christmas I received a County Court Claim form from one of the DCAs who had purchased a debt from the original creditor (I've posted a thread about it in the claims section and PlanB has been a great help already and I intend to defend if possible) but this has made me think....

Would welcome any views/advice - with less than 6 months on the clock until the other debts become SB should I take more proactive action - i.e. sending s77/s78 requests, etc. or should I avoid rocking the boat and hope the 6 months pass without any further incidents!

Re: Advice?

If you haven't had any correspondence I would be tempted to keep quiet until you hear from them and then check on here before taking any action, probably a CCA request.

if you start a diary in the unenforceability section with a different entry per debt it will help keep you focused on the different debts and ensure that you get the best advice. Follow the format that others have taken for ease of following.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I agree, keep your head down, but monitor any new mail carefully and send a CCA request at the first sign of trouble.
      Doing a UE diary will focus your mind so nothing else slips by. .
      From hereonin let us know everything you receive and we can help you decipher their DCA speak as they do tend to follow certain patterns. It's a case of knowing the warning signs.
      Good luck in your journey, not long to go in the grand scheme of things!

Elsa xx

Comment

ditto ditto

Comment

Treble ditto x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks all - really appreciate it

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
              IF
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                IF
                Thanks IF - sorry for delay (had computer issues). I do need to sort out my paperwork and will do so very soon but nothing received so far this year other than a change of agents / agency notification on Monday but I'm not even sure which debt it refers to!

Comment

Working...
                X