GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script clueless24 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clueless24 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: clueless24 UE Diary

I'd just ignore it if it were me.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
      Should I ignore this or do I need to respond with anything please ?
      I Would send this if it was me ----> Final Response - Unenforceable (CCA Received)
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay, I2D's the expert!

Comment

Shop Direct Finance

Catalogue credit account
          Commenced 2004?(correction 1994)
          Bal £1700.00
          Last paid 25-1-10
          No arrangement but sending £1 token payment monthly
          Acc Owner Shop Direct Finance/ NDR writing

3-2-11 CCA request sent
          4-2-11 Delivered
          17-2-11 £1 chq cashed
          26-2-11 12 + 2 days up on the 23-2-11 No CCA recieved
          28-2-11 CCA recieved E-MAILED NIDDY
          4-3-11 NIDDY SAYS UE WHOO HOO!!! sent final response recorded delivery
          25-3-11 Recieved letter from NDR Notice of payment arrangements £1 per month for a further 12 months.
          6-4-11 Letter fron SDG entitled Request to cancel credit agreement and saying they have satisfied my request in accordance with consumer credit act 1974 and I must continue to pay.
          6-4-11 Will ignore as advised
          13-4-11 Received monthly statement along with the monthly default notice and notification of £12 missed minimum payment fee added to the account.
          10-5-11 Received letter from NDR (dated 3-5-11)Notice of default on your agreed arrangement, I have failed to maintain my payments as agreed. 14 days to pay £1 or will result in a Statutory Default Notice being issued which will request full payment.
          Will ignore as advised
          12-5-11 Recieved 2 default notices one for each account one is fixed account for something I bought on a buy now pay later deal before I got into difficulties and the other is a running account (dated 6-5-11) served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Act 1974 To remedy the breach I should pay the total arrears before 3-6-11
          26-5-11 I have pm'd Niddy for further advise on the DN's recieved will await his advise
          5-6-11 Recieved monthly statement and notice of default sums added to the account
          6-6-11 E mailed Niddy D/F notices to offer further advice
          24-6-11 Recieved letter (dated 21-6-11) from SDF giving notice of the assignment of the debt to Lowells on the 6-6-11 any further communications and payments must now be made to Lowells. In the same envelope was a letter from Lowells telling me they now own the debt confirming they bought it on the 6-6-11, goes on that before they selling the account to them SD have checked their records and can find no record of why this should remain unpaid. I must call to pay or they may take court action and send someone to visit me at home
          24-6-11 Ignore and wait till they come back to me
          8-7-11 Letter from Lowell Financial saying that You were informed recently that your Kays account was sold to Lowells Portfolio because there was an O/S debt that you have not repaid and unless you paid it, it would be sent to us at Lowell Financial the debt collection unit. We can help, what happens if you do not pay, call us.
          8-7-11 I2D ignore for now
          19-7-11 Several voice text messages on a daily basis over the last couple of weeks asking me to call Lowells
          19-7-11 Sent Harrassment by Telephone letter 1.
          22-7-11 Have today recieved an email from Lowells advising pay up or else.
          Continuing phone calls
          29-7-11 Letter received from Lowells. We have still not recieved payment from you, nor is there a repayment plan in place to repay this account. This debt is not going to go away and ignoring the problem could make things worse for me. in an attempt to demonstrate how flexible we are willing to be we would like to offer you a monthly repayment plan, so you no longer have to worry and stop further action, such as litigation. We suggest a monthly plan of £30 per month.
          29-7-11 Send Final Response UE
          4-8-11 Letter from Lowells re final response UE letter and phone harassment letter. They have acted within guidelines but confirm my number has been removed from thier files. We must advise you that this appears to be the first letter that we have received from you in relation to this account. The o/s balance was sold to lowells on the 16-6-11 as shop direct were unable to collect. Confirms the account was opened on 24-7-94 and last payment 5-11-10. We have contacted the original creditor for a copy of my agreement and account statements, which will serve as documentary evidence of my liability for this debt, we have placed the account on hold while we await this information. Please be advised that, as legal owners of this debt, we are in a position to liase with shop direct on your behalf in order to resolve any issues that you may have. We therefore ask that you forward us further details as to the nature of your dispute then we can communicate with shop direct.
          11-8-11 Letter from Lowells advising that they are still awaiting receipt of this information and apologise for the delay. Please note however that we have not recieved a formal request from me under the CCA or the £1 fee, we can therefore advise that we are under no legal obligation to send the information you have requested within a certain time period.We do not hold copies of statements or agreements within our office we cannot state a time period in which these will be recieved. We can advise that your account will remain on hold while we await this information. You will continue to receive updates.
          23-8-11 Letter from Lowells we write in respect of above debt which as previously notified we have purchased from SD. We are now entitled to recieve payment of the balance £1708.42 from you and enclose a copy of your statement as requested. Neither shop direct nor ourselves are aware of any reason for non payment. Pay up within 7 days or we may instruct our solicitor.
          23-8-11 I2D say's ignore for now
          8-9-11 Letter from Lowells enclosing CCA from 2005 (account opened in 1994) Niddy already advised UE . Make payment or contact us within 7 days to agree payment proposals, we reserve right to instruct solicitors to issue legal proceedings against you without further notice.
          8-9-11 Sent UE general template
          16-9-11 Letter from Lowells We Regret to note that despite previous correspondence regarding your account, we have not received payment or a valid reason for non payment.
          23-9-11 letter from Lowells account on hold while they contact OC
          7-11-11 Letter from Lowells we are entitled to collect they know of no reason why this should not be paid, contact within 7 days to arrange payment proposals or may instruct solicitor to issue legal preceedings against me without further notice. Also enclosed CCA dated 15/1/05 Niddy says UE (account opened 1994)
          Niddy says send Threat by creditor to commence legal action.
          17-11-11 Letter from Lowells, we regret to note that despite previous correspondence we have not received payment. Failure to respond may result in further action. Call our advisors to prevent action being taken.
          17-11-11 Pixie Ignore for now.
          25-11-11 Letter fron Lowells in response to Threat by creditor to commence action, says account on hold whilst they investigate, SDG have complied with CCA and they have provided a recon which they are allowed to do they have asked for copies from SDG and will be in touch.
          10-12-11 Incessant phone calls from Lowells (despite their letter of the 4-8-11 confirming my number had been removed from their records) sent telephone harassment letter.
          12-1-12 Letter from Lowells Portfolio thank you for your enquiry regarding this account which we referred back to the original creditor. After noting your comments Shop Direct have forwarded to us a reconstituted copy of your agreement as previously provided to you and as promised in our letter of the 21-11-11. copy attached. we trust this now resolves your query and look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days to discuss repayment, after this time your account will be transferred to our debt collection agent Lowell Financial who will contact you regarding payment.
          Ignore for now
          24-1-12 Letter from Lowells we wrote to you recently with the answer to a query you raised on your account, we hope this now resolves things and you are in a position to discuss repayment of this debt. Offers payment plan 1 £30 pm or plan 2 £50pm please phone us to arrange payment.
          Niddy says ignore for now
          8-2-12 Letter from Lowells. We wrote and offered payment options your account remains unpaid. What happens next. As we have answered your query and offered affordable repayment plans we can only assume you are unwilling to repay the money you owe and have had the benefit of. We are now therefore going to obtain a copy of your credit file from Experian and use the information within it to help us decide what course of action to take next. your credit file will highlight things such as whether you have a mortgage and if you are repaying your other commitments on time, we may even obtain your work details if you are currently working. Dependant on what we see will determine what action we take. Our options will be either to use the Court, or use a door step agent who will arrange to visit you and discuss repayments face to face. if we use the courts extra fees will be added, call now to set up repayment.
          Sent final response UE
          27-2-12 Letter from Lowell. having reviewed your account we can confirm that SDG have previously provided us with a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement a copy of which was sent to you on the 5/1/12 SDG have confirmed that you would have signed this prior to the granting of credit to you.Under section 77/78 of the CCA of 1974 we are not obliged to send you an exact copy of your signed agreement.We are required by those sections of the CCA 1974 to provide you with a recon copy of the version you would have signed. You have confirmed as much in your latest correspondence.
          We can confirm we have satisfied our obligation to provide you with information relating to this debt.

As you are disputing this point we would require you to provide us with a copy of the documents sent to you in relation to your CCA request under s77/78 so that we may review them. In the event that you are unable to do this we would advise that we have nothing further to add which may be considered constructive. We have placed your account on hold for 28 days whilst you comply with our request, at which point collection activity will resume.
          P356/357 I2D Ignore for now.
          22-3-12 Letter from Lowells You still have an unpaid balance we can offer you a great deal, 1. pay 75% as F&F. 2. Pay 85% in 3 instalments. 3. Agree a repayment plan of £60 a month by dd. If you do not make an arrangement to repay what you owe further action may be taken against you, this may include Court action. Call us now.
          I2D Ignore letter for now and send Telephone Harrassment threat of legal action.
          17-4-12 Letter from Lowells. Account on hold whilst we investigate your complaint.
          28-4-12 Letter from Lowells in response to telephone harrassment template, we have investigated and have now removed number from thier dialling system, sincere apologies they have now dealt with the complaint and will close the complaint unless I wish to refer to the FOS I have until the 6th June.
          30-5-12 Annual statement of account recieived from Lowell

14-6-12 Letter from Lowells. We have tried on numerous occasions to help you find a way to repay what you owe and in previous correspondence we would have told you we would send your account to Red Collection Services. They will assess your account, your credit file, and your financial commitments with a view of making recommendations to recover the outstanding balance which could include legal action or issuing a statutory demand which if remains unpaid could result in us petittioning the court for your bankruptcy, if the amount you owe is more than £750.
          This is the last time Lowell will write to you before passing it to Red Debt CS, you outstanding balance is not going to go away.Pay us now.
          P388 Ignore for now and wait to hear from Red.
          27-6-12 Letter from Red. We are collecting on behalf of Lowell pay us now or else legal action,ccj, bailiff, bankruptcy etc.
          P398 Send Account sold in dispute
          12-7-12 Letter from Lowells. We have reviewed your account and can confirm that SDG have provided you with a recon CCA in Jan 2012. As you are disputing this point we would require you to provide us with a copy of the documents sent to you in relation to your CCA request under s77/78 so that we may review them. We have nothing further to add. We have placed your account on hold for 28 days.
          I'm guessing that I ignore for now and see what they send next?
          All help greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'm guessing that I ignore for now and see what they send next?
            All help greatly appreciated.
            Yes, that's what I'd be doing.

Comment

My goodness Pixie that was quick. I'm so glad I guessed right. Thank you.

Comment

Egg Banking

Loan
                Date commenced approx 2000 topped up in 2005 (correction new loan Jan 2007)
                Bal £5,297.44 (correction Bal o/s £2,769.17)
                Last paid Feb 2010
                Arrangement £1 token monthly
                Status Defaulted
                Acc owner Egg Banking / Moorcroft collecting on behalf of Egg

3-2-11 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
                12-2-11 Recieved reply from Moorcroft with returned chq and advised to write direct to egg
                15-2-11 CCA request direct to Egg
                16-2-11 Delivered
                26-2-11 Letter from Moorcroft to contact them within the next 48 hrs and make payment, they may recommend that thier clients solicitors commence legal proceeding without further notice. Letter says I have not made a payment since 6/11/10 (I paid £4 as payments for Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb enclosed covering letter explaining I was going into hospital and token payment was for 4 months) No CCA recieved but 12 +2 days not up till 4th Mar
                28-2-11 Recieved CCA from Egg will E-Mail Niddy. I had successfully reclaimed PPI on this Loan in Sep 2010 as it was miss sold, the refund was paid directly to the account as I was in default on the loan, hence the correction in the balance o/s and my confusion over the date, sorry
                Niddy says Enforceable
                1-5-11 Recieved letter from Moorcroft advising that the account has been returned to OC and I should contact them in the future. As this debt is E I have been paying £1 per month to Moorcroft. I will now send this months payment direct to Egg.
                Have continued to make monthly £1 payments to date
                10-8-11 Received my credit report from call credit. It shows that this account has a termination balance of 0,current balance is 0, the date of default satisfied as 31-7-11, in the most recent account status it is showing as DA (debt assignment or transferred to another organisation) date account updated 31-7-11.
                8-9-11 Called Egg (I know) to ask for the current status of this account as it is showing as settled on my credit reports, I have been sending £1 a month as this is E firstly to Egg then Moorcroft then back to Egg, They told me the Egg group was sold to Arrow Global (sounds like a DCA to me) and that Egg no longer are my data controller and that they wrote to me in july 2011 telling me this, (never recieved) because they no longer own the debt they cannot provide me with copies of the supposed letter they sent, and here's the twist I have sent the last 2 months £1 payment to Egg and they have cashed them.
                9-9-11 Niddy says stop paying and wait till I hear from them
                15-12-11 Phone call this morning 01932 251000 said he was from Brittania Collections calling about an outstanding debt owed to Egg would I pay over the phone now, I played dumb said I didn't know what he was talking about, He said was I being stupid they have my phone number so they know it's me, no security questions just wanted me to pay. Then said if I was buggering about thats fine they will go straight to litigation.
                P324 ELD ignore for now and await letters.
                10-3-12 Letter from Fred Int. We have been instructed by Britannica Recoveries S.A.R.L-Arrow who have passed this account to us for collection of the outstanding balance. We have been appointed as their agents to act in this matter and you should make sure that you contact us and not Britannica. We are authorised to contact you to secure repayment of the debt. You have failed to pay the balance of £2892.36 (This has increased by £123.19 from the balance as advised by Egg and then Moorcroft).
                You must contact us immediately to discuss the matter further and to avoid further action.
                In post number 358 I had recieved a letter from Fred Int which I could not cross reference with any of my accounts I now know that, that letter referred to this account.
                I2D send account sold in dispute
                19-3-12 Letter from Fred Int. We have referred the matter to our client and we will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instructions, Account on hold.
                23-5-12 Letter from Fred Int. We have referred to our client for their instruction. Our client has confirmed that they have no record of receiving a request for documents under section 77-79 CCA 1974. Contact or client directly in relation to any request for documents and provide them with evidence of yor request and evidence that the statutory fee was paid and cashed by our client our clients address is Arrow Global etc, We confirm account on hold for 28 days to allow you time to contact our client.
                I2D p380 Ignore for now
                28-6-12 Several phone calls recently so have sent Telephone Harrassment letter
                29-6-12 Letter from Fred Int. You have not responded to our recent letters. You must clear the arrears to prevent continued action to recover this debt. Contact us immediately.
                I2D p402 Send final response UE
                12-7-12 Letter from fred Int. We reiterate to you our previous correspondence of the 23/5/12. Further to our letter please note that making a documentation request does not exempt you from making arrangements to discharge the above stated outstanding balance.We look forward to hearing from you with your payment proposals within 14 days after which we have been instructed to continue collection activity.
                Guessing I should ignore this for now and await further correspondence?

Comment

Lloyds TSB

Credit Card
                  Commenced approx 2006
                  Approx balance £8,674.23
                  Date last paid in full 1-3-10 (token £1 03/10 until 09/2010)
                  Arrangement £1 per month ceased 09/2010
                  Status Default
                  Owner Lloyds TSB

3-2-11 Sent CCA request
                  4-2-11 Delivered
                  18-2-11 Recieved CCA
                  24-2-11 E-mailed Niddy the CCA
                  26-2-11 NIDDY SAYS UE WHOOO HOO!!!! Have sent CCA query copy doc supplied letter

12-3-11 Recieved response from LTSB have recieved my complaint and have sent it to Brighton Card Customer relations dept, may take 4 weeks to respond..

9-4-11 Letter from SCM Solicitors I am required to pay balance in full within 7 days from the date of the letter (6-4-11) to avoid court proceedings being issued against me. Call them to arrange amicable agreement to pay off debt without the need to instigate etc etc.
                  10-4-11 Send Threat by lender/DCA to commence litigation letter, will send special delivery as advised

12-5-11 Received letter from SCM enclosing another CCA with some additional paperwork. In response to my letter of the 10-4-11 as above Will e-mail Niddy for advise
                  16-5-11 Niddy advises sending Enough is Enough letter

30-5-11 Recieved response from SCM Solicitors to enough is enough template. Say's please find enclosed a re-constituted credit agreement together with 2 amendments to the T&C. Please forward your repayment proposals to this office for consideration.
                  20-6-11 Niddy says in breach ignore for time being

22-7-11 Letter from Rob Way. Our client has authorised us to recover the full amount you owe, please pay the full amount you owe without delay or call us directly to agree an affordable payment plan. We may advise our client to start court action etc.
                  Ignore for now

1-8-11 Letter recieved today dated 1-8-11 from Rob Way. SECURITY TELEMESSAGE Recent actions on your account are giving cause for concern please contact us immediately. Please do not delay
                  I2D ignore for now

12-8-11 Letter received from Rob Way IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED This is notice about your unpaid account which our client has instructed us to recover.ACT NOW call us without delay, if you fail to pay and neglect to deal with this account further action may be taken.
                  13-8-11 Niddy says send Final Responce UE

10-9-11 Letter from LTSB advising they have have complied with CCA and will not correspond further regarding the provision of copy agreements. We have enclosed with this letter a copy of the reconstituted version of your executed agreement and a signed statement of your account. We have satified under section 78 etc. There is no requirment under the CCA to provide you with a copy of the original signed agreement, but not withstanding that fact enclosed a copy of the front page of the original agreement proving your signature the PT would have been validly incorporated into the agreement on the reverse of the enclosed sheet or a seperate sheet. Goes on to quote Ray Watson and debt is enforceable pay up.
                  10-9-11 I2D says ignore for now.

19-9-11 Letter from Rob Way.
                  We refer to your recent letter in which you claim this account is not enforceable. We are satisfied that the documentation provided is sufficient to demonstarate liability and we will not enter into repetetive correspondence regarding this.
                  Your data will continue to be processed in line with the principles of the DPA 1998 and the account will continue to be reported to CRA's where appropriate. If you neglect to make payment to us, further action may be taken against you.We require your payment proposals within 14 days.
                  19-9-11 Niddy says ignore for now

29-9-11 Letter from Rob Way immediate action required, until it is paid your account will not be closed but may stay registered as an unpaid debt in your name. We urge you to settle your account now and clear this up once and for all. Ring us today.
                  I2D ignore for now

12-10-11 2 letters today 1 from Rob Way dated 10/10/11 IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION. Your account is still unpaid in spite of previous letters and calls and may now be passed to our solicitor for legal action to be taken. You have 10 days to pay.
                  1 letter from Lloyds TSB dated 7-10-11 If you do not pay off the full amount outstanding we will allocate your payment to the outstanding balance in specific order. Since no interest or charges are being applied to your account, your payment will be used to pay off your outstanding balance. it lists 2 payments £1.00 on the 15-10-10 & £4.00 on the 9-11-10. I was going into hospital and paid £4 for the next 4 months. I had an arrangement of £1pm (ceased payments in Nov 2010) Goes on to say if I have a problem with my aggrement please try to settle it with them first.
                  12-10-11 I2D says ignore the one from Lloyds send Threat by creditor to commence litigation to Rob Way.

24-10-11 Letter from Rob Way We refer to your letter in which I claim this account is UE, they are satisfied they have provided docs to demonstrate liability and will not enter into repetitive correspondence. We require your payment proposals within 14 days or else!!!!
                  P277 Swanfan says ignore for now.

12-11-11 Letter from Horwich Farrelly we may advise our client to commence court action against you as a result of your failure to settle this account. Even at this late stage you can avoid court action by making a payment to us or by making a proposal that you can afford.
                  If I wish to make a proposal please set out a simple statement of your means and any circumstances you wish us to consider. Any queries please call us or our client Robinson Way.
                  P290 I2D ignore for now

9-12-11 Letter from Credit Security Ltd, Debt Enforcement Office, The Old Courthouse, Whitchurch. We have been instructed by our client to recover the o/s debt. Unless there is a valid reason for non payment settlement is required within 7 days.
                  Garlock. send account sold in dispute

24-12-11 Letter from Credit Security Ltd. We acknowledge receipt of your template letter dated the 9/12/11 and would advise you that sending one letter dated 6/12/11 does not amount to continual harassment. In order that we may request a copy Credit Agreement we would appreciate receiving a payment for the sum of £1 payable to LTSB. When repling will you kindly provide full details of your dispute and reason for non payment in order that this matter be resolved without further delay.
                  Niddy. ignore for now

20-6-12 (p389) Letter from Lloyds. As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transfered your Lloyds TSB debt to debt collection agency MOORCROFT group plc. We've instructed Moorcroft to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. please call Moorcroft now to pay.
                  I2D p390 agrees with my thinking and will ignore for now

25-6-12 Letter from Moorcroft. It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county court are issued. We believe that this letter fulfils this requirment even if it is not actually read by you.Payment should be submitted in full within 7 days or contact made with this office immediately. Both our client and we do not wish to take this action but if agreement cannot be reached by the 27/6/12 a claim may be issued by solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client without further notice. We would draw to your attention that if judgement and an order for repayment in full is obtained and remains unpaid, a range of court enforcement options are available to our client and an application for one of these may be considered. Call us today.
                  p396 Send Threat by creditor to commence actions
                  27-6-12 Sent Telephone Harrassment letter to Moorcroft

3-7-12 Letter from Moorcroft. Account on hold whilst they refer to their client

6-7-12 Letter from Moorcroft Compliance Department. Quite a long and what would seem quite a personalised letter regarding the two letters I sent as above on the 25-6 & 27-6-12. First part asks me to prove that I have asked them not to contact me by phone. Second part confirms that account is on hold and even if they havn't complied with the CCA doesnt mean I don't owe it and refer me to a recent OFT press release 'Consumers warned on 'unenforcable debt' claims'. Then quotes S77,78,79 of the CCA1974.
                  With the above in mind we would ask that you provide specific details of any reason why you believe you are not liable for this debt. Account will remain on hold and this will remain the position to allow you the opportunity to respond to this letter, our request for specific information regarding your liability and for us to revert back to you with our clients response. If not happy FOS leaflet enclosed.
                  p407 I2D send Final response UE CCA received.
                  12-7-12 Letter from Lloyds TSB in response to letter sent 25-6-12 to Moorcroft. Sorry you had to complain, We have provided you with a copy that complies with the requirements of the CCA 1974 and the Consumer credit (cancellation notice and copies of documents) regulations 1983, SI 1983/1557 (the regulations). We do not have to produce an actual copy of the document signed the purpose is to allow debtors access to their terms and conditions of their CA and providing the debtor with a true copy of the t&c of the agreement we have complied with s78, blah, blah, blah. Turning to your allegations of harassment it is the banks obligation as a responsible lender to advise customers as soon as reasonable that they are in arrears. The bank will give no undertaking not to contact you to ask for payment particularly as your alleged dispute is unfounded. Then quotes Carey. This is our final response you can now go to the FOS.
                  My postman has been really busy today. Not sure what to do with this one as LTSB are responding to letters sent to Moorcroft is that of any significance? Is this a wait and see what they send next?
                  Your help as always is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Argos Card Services

Credit Acc
                    Commenced 2003
                    Bal £2504.77
                    Last paid 01-01-10
                    No arrangement but send £1 token monthly. Ceased payments 01/11/2010
                    Acc owner
                    Argos Card Services

3-2-11 CCA request sent
                    15-2-11 £1 chq cashed
                    21-2-11 Track and Trace showing as not delivered
                    23-8-11 CCA and covering letter recieved from Argos. Will e-mail Niddy for advise
                    Niddy say's no T&C so UE at the moment WHOO HOO!!!!!
                    28-11-11 Letter from Argos and Lowells in same envelope notice of assignment on 3/11/11 Lowells asks for the balance in full.
                    7-12-11 Letter from Lowells. We're here to help. We wrote to you recently to let you know we have bought the debt o/s with Argos you have not yet cleared the o/s balance or entered into a repayment plan and they have asked us to get in touch. You need to pay in full, contact us to talk about how you are going to pay it or set up a direct debit. Phone us straight away.
                    8-12-11 Niddy says send Account sold in dispute letter.
                    17-12-11 Letter from Lowells You still haven't agreed a repayment plan with us, the longer you leave getting in touch or paying the balance, the more you risk further action, we may also ask one of our agents to visit you at your home to discuss this account.
                    24-12-11 Letter from Lowells we have asked your original lender for a copy of your credit agreement.
                    24-12-11 Letter from Lowells we acknowledge your account in dispute with original lender letter and will respond within the 12 working days period. we will be in touch as soon as we have the agreement.
                    5-1-12 Letter from Lowells we have been in touch with Argos about a copy of your credit agreement, they have let us know they are trying to retrieve it from thier archives as soon as we have it we will send it to you. In the event we cannot obtain a copy we will write to you again and inform you of this. Once you have seen the agreement we will ask you to pay the o/s balance in full.
                    12-1-12 Letter from Lowells Argos are still trying to retrieve the CCA from their archives we wont write again until we have the agreement. Account on hold.
                    8-2-12 Letter from Lowells. After liasing with Argos in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that this is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. We have closed our file and will not contact you again unless the copy of the agreement is recieved at some point in the future from Argos.
                    21-6-12 Letter from Lowells. We wrote recently telling you that we had bought this debt and you have not any payments to clear this balance. Contact us now to pay.
                    P390 Send copy of previous letter confirming no CCA and template letter
                    25-6-12 Annual statement received from Lowells
                    2-8-12 Letter from Lowells You have not responded to our previous correspondence pay up or may take further action.
                    I think I should ignore this?

Comment

I would be sending them a wee one liner reminding them about your letter telling them tat there is no CCA.........nice neat papertrail.

Comment

Argos Card Services

Credit Acc
                        Commenced 2003
                        Bal £2504.77
                        Last paid 01-01-10
                        Acc owner
                        Argos Card Services

3-2-11 CCA request sent
                        15-2-11 £1 chq cashed
                        23-8-11 CCA and covering letter recieved from Argos. Will e-mail Niddy for advise
                        28-11-11 Letter from Argos and Lowells in same envelope notice of assignment on 3/11/11 Lowells asks for the balance in full.
                        7-12-11 Letter from Lowells. We're here to help. We wrote to you recently to let you know we have bought the debt o/s with Argos you have not yet cleared the o/s balance or entered into a repayment plan and they have asked us to get in touch. You need to pay in full, contact us to talk about how you are going to pay it or set up a direct debit. Phone us straight away.
                        17-12-11 Letter from Lowells You still haven't agreed a repayment plan with us, the longer you leave getting in touch or paying the balance, the more you risk further action, we may also ask one of our agents to visit you at your home to discuss this account.
                        24-12-11 Letter from Lowells we have asked your original lender for a copy of your credit agreement.
                        24-12-11 Letter from Lowells we acknowledge your account in dispute with original lender letter and will respond within the 12 working days period. we will be in touch as soon as we have the agreement.
                        5-1-12 Letter from Lowells we have been in touch with Argos about a copy of your credit agreement, they have let us know they are trying to retrieve it from thier archives as soon as we have it we will send it to you. In the event we cannot obtain a copy we will write to you again and inform you of this. Once you have seen the agreement we will ask you to pay the o/s balance in full.
                        12-1-12 Letter from Lowells Argos are still trying to retrieve the CCA from their archives we wont write again until we have the agreement. Account on hold.
                        8-2-12 Letter from Lowells. After liasing with Argos in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that this is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. We have closed our file and will not contact you again unless the copy of the agreement is recieved at some point in the future from Argos.
                        21-6-12 Letter from Lowells. We wrote recently telling you that we had bought this debt and you have not any payments to clear this balance. Contact us now to pay.
                        2-8-12 Letter from Lowells You have not responded to our previous correspondence pay up or may take further action.
                        p418 Send copy of previous letter confirming no CCA and template letter.
                        9-8-12 Letter from Lowells unless we receive full payment within the next 5 days or payment proposals we will instruct our solicitors to begin legal actions.
                        Should I send the letter previously confirming no CCA again?

Comment

Should I send the letter previously confirming no CCA again?
                          I would send this if it were me--------> Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

Comment

Shop Direct Finance

Catalogue credit account
                            Commenced 2004?(correction 1994)
                            Bal £1700.00
                            Last paid 25-1-10
                            No arrangement but sending £1 token payment monthly
                            Acc Owner Shop Direct Finance/ NDR writing

3-2-11 CCA request sent
                            4-2-11 Delivered
                            17-2-11 £1 chq cashed
                            28-2-11 CCA recieved E-MAILED NIDDY
                            4-3-11 NIDDY SAYS UE WHOO HOO!!! sent final response recorded delivery
                            25-3-11 Recieved letter from NDR Notice of payment arrangements £1 per month for a further 12 months.
                            6-4-11 Letter fron SDG entitled Request to cancel credit agreement and saying they have satisfied my request in accordance with consumer credit act 1974 and I must continue to pay.
                            6-4-11 Will ignore as advised
                            13-4-11 Received monthly statement along with the monthly default notice and notification of £12 missed minimum payment fee added to the account.
                            10-5-11 Received letter from NDR (dated 3-5-11)Notice of default on your agreed arrangement, I have failed to maintain my payments as agreed. 14 days to pay £1 or will result in a Statutory Default Notice being issued which will request full payment.
                            Will ignore as advised
                            12-5-11 Recieved 2 default notices one for each account one is fixed account for something I bought on a buy now pay later deal before I got into difficulties and the other is a running account (dated 6-5-11) served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Act 1974 To remedy the breach I should pay the total arrears before 3-6-11
                            26-5-11 I have pm'd Niddy for further advise on the DN's recieved will await his advise
                            5-6-11 Recieved monthly statement and notice of default sums added to the account
                            6-6-11 E mailed Niddy D/F notices to offer further advice
                            24-6-11 Recieved letter (dated 21-6-11) from SDF giving notice of the assignment of the debt to Lowells on the 6-6-11 any further communications and payments must now be made to Lowells. In the same envelope was a letter from Lowells telling me they now own the debt confirming they bought it on the 6-6-11, goes on that before they selling the account to them SD have checked their records and can find no record of why this should remain unpaid. I must call to pay or they may take court action and send someone to visit me at home
                            24-6-11 Ignore and wait till they come back to me
                            8-7-11 Letter from Lowell Financial saying that You were informed recently that your Kays account was sold to Lowells Portfolio because there was an O/S debt that you have not repaid and unless you paid it, it would be sent to us at Lowell Financial the debt collection unit. We can help, what happens if you do not pay, call us.
                            8-7-11 I2D ignore for now
                            19-7-11 Several voice text messages on a daily basis over the last couple of weeks asking me to call Lowells
                            19-7-11 Sent Harrassment by Telephone letter 1.
                            22-7-11 Have today recieved an email from Lowells advising pay up or else.
                            Continuing phone calls
                            29-7-11 Letter received from Lowells. We have still not recieved payment from you, nor is there a repayment plan in place to repay this account. This debt is not going to go away and ignoring the problem could make things worse for me. in an attempt to demonstrate how flexible we are willing to be we would like to offer you a monthly repayment plan, so you no longer have to worry and stop further action, such as litigation. We suggest a monthly plan of £30 per month.
                            29-7-11 Send Final Response UE
                            4-8-11 Letter from Lowells re final response UE letter and phone harassment letter. They have acted within guidelines but confirm my number has been removed from thier files. We must advise you that this appears to be the first letter that we have received from you in relation to this account. The o/s balance was sold to lowells on the 16-6-11 as shop direct were unable to collect. Confirms the account was opened on 24-7-94 and last payment 5-11-10. We have contacted the original creditor for a copy of my agreement and account statements, which will serve as documentary evidence of my liability for this debt, we have placed the account on hold while we await this information. Please be advised that, as legal owners of this debt, we are in a position to liase with shop direct on your behalf in order to resolve any issues that you may have. We therefore ask that you forward us further details as to the nature of your dispute then we can communicate with shop direct.
                            11-8-11 Letter from Lowells advising that they are still awaiting receipt of this information and apologise for the delay. Please note however that we have not recieved a formal request from me under the CCA or the £1 fee, we can therefore advise that we are under no legal obligation to send the information you have requested within a certain time period.We do not hold copies of statements or agreements within our office we cannot state a time period in which these will be recieved. We can advise that your account will remain on hold while we await this information. You will continue to receive updates.
                            23-8-11 Letter from Lowells we write in respect of above debt which as previously notified we have purchased from SD. We are now entitled to recieve payment of the balance £1708.42 from you and enclose a copy of your statement as requested. Neither shop direct nor ourselves are aware of any reason for non payment. Pay up within 7 days or we may instruct our solicitor.
                            23-8-11 I2D say's ignore for now
                            8-9-11 Letter from Lowells enclosing CCA from 2005 (account opened in 1994) Niddy already advised UE . Make payment or contact us within 7 days to agree payment proposals, we reserve right to instruct solicitors to issue legal proceedings against you without further notice.
                            8-9-11 Sent UE general template
                            16-9-11 Letter from Lowells We Regret to note that despite previous correspondence regarding your account, we have not received payment or a valid reason for non payment.
                            23-9-11 letter from Lowells account on hold while they contact OC
                            7-11-11 Letter from Lowells we are entitled to collect they know of no reason why this should not be paid, contact within 7 days to arrange payment proposals or may instruct solicitor to issue legal preceedings against me without further notice. Also enclosed CCA dated 15/1/05 Niddy says UE (account opened 1994)
                            Niddy says send Threat by creditor to commence legal action.
                            17-11-11 Letter from Lowells, we regret to note that despite previous correspondence we have not received payment. Failure to respond may result in further action. Call our advisors to prevent action being taken.
                            17-11-11 Pixie Ignore for now.
                            25-11-11 Letter fron Lowells in response to Threat by creditor to commence action, says account on hold whilst they investigate, SDG have complied with CCA and they have provided a recon which they are allowed to do they have asked for copies from SDG and will be in touch.
                            10-12-11 Incessant phone calls from Lowells (despite their letter of the 4-8-11 confirming my number had been removed from their records) sent telephone harassment letter.
                            12-1-12 Letter from Lowells Portfolio thank you for your enquiry regarding this account which we referred back to the original creditor. After noting your comments Shop Direct have forwarded to us a reconstituted copy of your agreement as previously provided to you and as promised in our letter of the 21-11-11. copy attached. we trust this now resolves your query and look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days to discuss repayment, after this time your account will be transferred to our debt collection agent Lowell Financial who will contact you regarding payment.
                            Ignore for now
                            24-1-12 Letter from Lowells we wrote to you recently with the answer to a query you raised on your account, we hope this now resolves things and you are in a position to discuss repayment of this debt. Offers payment plan 1 £30 pm or plan 2 £50pm please phone us to arrange payment.
                            Niddy says ignore for now
                            8-2-12 Letter from Lowells. We wrote and offered payment options your account remains unpaid. What happens next. As we have answered your query and offered affordable repayment plans we can only assume you are unwilling to repay the money you owe and have had the benefit of. We are now therefore going to obtain a copy of your credit file from Experian and use the information within it to help us decide what course of action to take next. your credit file will highlight things such as whether you have a mortgage and if you are repaying your other commitments on time, we may even obtain your work details if you are currently working. Dependant on what we see will determine what action we take. Our options will be either to use the Court, or use a door step agent who will arrange to visit you and discuss repayments face to face. if we use the courts extra fees will be added, call now to set up repayment.
                            Sent final response UE
                            27-2-12 Letter from Lowell. having reviewed your account we can confirm that SDG have previously provided us with a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement a copy of which was sent to you on the 5/1/12 SDG have confirmed that you would have signed this prior to the granting of credit to you.Under section 77/78 of the CCA of 1974 we are not obliged to send you an exact copy of your signed agreement.We are required by those sections of the CCA 1974 to provide you with a recon copy of the version you would have signed. You have confirmed as much in your latest correspondence.
                            We can confirm we have satisfied our obligation to provide you with information relating to this debt.

As you are disputing this point we would require you to provide us with a copy of the documents sent to you in relation to your CCA request under s77/78 so that we may review them. In the event that you are unable to do this we would advise that we have nothing further to add which may be considered constructive. We have placed your account on hold for 28 days whilst you comply with our request, at which point collection activity will resume.
                            P356/357 I2D Ignore for now.
                            22-3-12 Letter from Lowells You still have an unpaid balance we can offer you a great deal, 1. pay 75% as F&F. 2. Pay 85% in 3 instalments. 3. Agree a repayment plan of £60 a month by dd. If you do not make an arrangement to repay what you owe further action may be taken against you, this may include Court action. Call us now.
                            I2D Ignore letter for now and send Telephone Harrassment threat of legal action.
                            17-4-12 Letter from Lowells. Account on hold whilst we investigate your complaint.
                            28-4-12 Letter from Lowells in response to telephone harrassment template, we have investigated and have now removed number from thier dialling system, sincere apologies they have now dealt with the complaint and will close the complaint unless I wish to refer to the FOS I have until the 6th June.
                            30-5-12 Annual statement of account recieived from Lowell

14-6-12 Letter from Lowells. We have tried on numerous occasions to help you find a way to repay what you owe and in previous correspondence we would have told you we would send your account to Red Collection Services. They will assess your account, your credit file, and your financial commitments with a view of making recommendations to recover the outstanding balance which could include legal action or issuing a statutory demand which if remains unpaid could result in us petittioning the court for your bankruptcy, if the amount you owe is more than £750.
                            This is the last time Lowell will write to you before passing it to Red Debt CS, you outstanding balance is not going to go away.Pay us now.
                            P388 Ignore for now and wait to hear from Red.
                            27-6-12 Letter from Red. We are collecting on behalf of Lowell pay us now or else legal action,ccj, bailiff, bankruptcy etc.
                            P398 Send Account sold in dispute
                            12-7-12 Letter from Lowells. We have reviewed your account and can confirm that SDG have provided you with a recon CCA in Jan 2012. As you are disputing this point we would require you to provide us with a copy of the documents sent to you in relation to your CCA request under s77/78 so that we may review them. We have nothing further to add. We have placed your account on hold for 28 days.
                            I shall ignore for now.
                            10-8-12 Letter from Lowells. We have replied to your query you should now start paying, if you are unable to please contact us to arrange payment plan.
                            I'm guessing I should ignore this?

Comment

I'm guessing I should ignore this?
                              I would see what they send next......

Comment

Argos Card Services

Credit Acc
                                Commenced 2003
                                Bal £2504.77
                                Last paid 01-01-10
                                Acc owner
                                Argos Card Services

3-2-11 CCA request sent
                                15-2-11 £1 chq cashed
                                p418 Send copy of previous letter confirming no CCA and template letter.
                                9-8-12 Letter from Lowells unless we receive full payment within the next 5 days or payment proposals we will instruct our solicitors to begin legal actions.
                                p419 Send threat by creditor to commence action.
                                16-8-12 Letter from Red We specialise in assessing accounts for litigation and will be obtaining a copy of your credit file in order to review your financial circumstances. If you do not pay you could risk legal action a CCJ or Bankruptcy, pay in full or arrange a repayment plan.
                                This is the only account where they have confirmed they have no CCA but are the ones giving me the most problems. This is the first letter from Red, but Lowells are sending something weekly I understand that they are one and the same, should I ignore or do I need to send them something please?

Comment

Working...
                                X