GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One - Lowells

Fingers crossed for you too Rockwell.

It'll be December before we know it!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

It'll be December before we know it!

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

9th Nov - Yet another 'Pre-Legal Assessment' letter!

However, it looks as though they've created some new templates because I don't think I've seen this one before.

Dear MP

Your account is escalating

We have written to you a number of times but you still haven’t repaid your debt or entered into a repayment plan. Please contact us as soon as you can as we are still committed to helping you repay this debt.

As you have not paid we have obtained information about you and your current financial circumstances from a credit reference agency to help us determine whether we should take legal action against you.

From this information we believe you are working, have other credit products and that using the County Court is a realistic option for us to recover the money you owe.

If any of the above information is incorrect, or you have a reason as to why you think we shouldn’t proceed with legal action you need to call us straight away and let us know why.

Our objective is to work with you to repay this debt. We genuinely want to avoid taking legal action but we need you to contact us. We are happy to agree with you any amount you can afford to pay by instalments.

Please call or visit www etc to set up a repayment plan, the website is available 24/7

Comment

From this information we believe you are working, have other credit products and that using the County Court is a realistic option for us to recover the money you owe.

If any of the above information is incorrect, or you have a reason as to why you think we shouldn’t proceed with legal action you need to call us straight away and let us know why.

Old ploy to get you to ring as say what other products, been used before, usual template begging letter.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They've had this since August last year so they're certainly dragging it out with the threats!

Comment

MaryP, Assume it won't be too long before you drop your statute barred bombshell on them!

Comment

It was statute barred on the 10th of August but I'm going to keep it a secret!

For now anyway.

Comment

Another 'Pre-Legal Assessment' letter (fourth of the year)!

Discount as now gone up to 40% off

No date to respond by so I'll just file this with all the others.

Comment

Hope it gets to 100% soon !!!!!!!!! xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                      Hope it gets to 100% soon !!!!!!!!! xx
                      As it's statute barred, the discount is 100%, whether or not Lowells want to offer it

Comment

ask them if they want to buy a debt? they probably jump at the chance knowing these incompetent idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                          It was statute barred on the 10th of August but I'm going to keep it a secret!

For now anyway.
                          Good to see you're making life difficult for them for a change!

Two days to go in my case and they're still treating me as a newbie!

Comment

Whilst I don't like to tempt fate, I've not heard any more from Lowells and it's gone more than a month, which is most unusual so I'm hoping they've given up.

I checked Noddle yesterday and it has now disappeared!

Comment

Good news Mary, well done! My last payment on a Cap One was early December 2009. I can't wait to inform Lowell but I know that Niddy urges caution in cases like this so I'll keep quiet for now.

Comment

That's great rockwell, definitely keep it under your hat!

My smilies won't work :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X