GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - Lowells

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
    Yes I agree, there should be a date but I'm sure I've read several times that it could be argued that you have been given more time to pay.

Anyway, I've had another letter from Lowell today offering me a 30% discount or a repayment plan of £2 per day which they say is the equivalent of £60.

If I take advantage of either offers they will update my credit file to show partially satisfied or satisfied.

Contact them to arrange by 5th Feb but if it's not affordable, please call or go onto their website and set up an affordable direct debit.

An unusually soft letter from Lowells or is it the lull before the storm?

another of lowells template begging letters, nothing new in that letter.

Note:- O.H., received -

23/10/2014 - Letter from Red = A Discount off your Balance, pay us 70% of Balance or pay £2.00 per day equivalent to £60 per month, If we do not hear from you in the next 10 days, we will instruct Hamptons Legal.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've had letters from Hamptons in the past, not sure if it was for this CC or one of my others but I don't remember them being a problem so i'll just site tight for now.

I've emailed the paperwork over to Niddy so will see what he has to say when he's had chance to look.

Comment

Another letter from Lowell today to advise that they are now reviewing the account for further action.

They could apply to the County Court for a judgment which if granted and remains unpaid could then involve, nicking money from my earnings or sending the bailiffs round.

An alternative could be for a field agent to visit me and discuss payment 'face to face'.

They suggest that I call them to discuss a repayment plan or I can visit their site to pay in full or set up a payment plan by direct debit.

I'll have to have a think about which course of action would suit me. ...............I hope they aren't holding their breath!

Although I also hope that they don't get too heavy because Niddy says (at first glance) that it's enforceable so I could do with keeping my head down until this is SB later this year.

Comment

Another letter from Lowell today to advise that they are now reviewing the account for further action.

They could apply to the County Court for a judgment which if granted and remains unpaid could then involve, nicking money from my earnings or sending the bailiffs round.

An alternative could be for a field agent to visit me and discuss payment 'face to face'.

They suggest that I call them to discuss a repayment plan or I can visit their site to pay in full or set up a payment plan by direct debit.

I'll have to have a think about which course of action would suit me. ...............I hope they aren't holding their breath!

Although I also hope that they don't get too heavy because Niddy says (at first glance) that it's enforceable so I could do with keeping my head down until this is SB later this year.
          when did you last send a s.78 request off?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It was October last year Niddy, I emailed the paperwork over to you on 1st Feb and you thought it was enforceable but you were only viewing it on your mobile at the time and you were going to have a better look later.

I've not bothered you since because so far I'm not getting any hassle from them and I can imagine how busy you are!

Comment

It was October last year Niddy, I emailed the paperwork over to you on 1st Feb and you thought it was enforceable but you were only viewing it on your mobile at the time and you were going to have a better look later.
              October last year - did they reply in October or was it recent?

What you sent me is sadly enforceable in my opinion but you may find error by checking rates against old statements etc - find an error like that and you're in a strong position.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The papers I sent over to you were what they produced in December 14 in response to my request in October 14.

I'll have a look to see if I've got any old statements but to be honest, once I'd paid, I didn't hang on to them.

I should also figure out exactly when this will be SB. I last paid in June 2009 but I also put a claim in for ppi and charges in early 2010 (I didn't accept their offer) so I guess this will have stretched SB a bit longer?

Comment

It'll depend on the wording used in your reclaim. I think they'll issue a claim before SB in honesty. They're nasty bastards

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    It'll depend on the wording used in your reclaim. I think they'll issue a claim before SB in honesty. They're nasty bastards
                    I know they are, we (Hubby) had an SD in 2012 which Andrew successfully got set aside.

I'll have a more thorough read of the letters I sent for the claims. I know that the last letter I sent referred to their offer and I asked for an explanation of their calculations. They never did explain!

Comment

Hi marypoppins, I have received exactly the same letter! Previously when they were collecting on behalf of Cap One they have moved it on through Red, Hamptons etc....all the useless names they use to try and intimidate you. The difference in this case is that Lowell now own the accounts so may well issue claim forms. Not sure if I can hold them off until November 2015 (SB) but worth a try. Blagging is definitely the way to go!

Comment

They're issuing claims like confetti so if ANYONE has an old cap1 or barclays debt that's gone to Lowells / BW Legal / Shoosmiths / Weightmans / Restons - send a new cca asap!!

good luck. We've got a good few claims we're helping members with by these scum.

Comment

Hi Niddy

I sent a CCA request to Lowell last Oct & eventually got a response in December. Are you saying I should sent another CCA request?

Thanks

C

Comment

Yes, send a new CCA request.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is that a delaying tactic Pixie?

Both myself, Rockwell & cadwallader sent requests late last year and received the paperwork in December so I don't suppose they will have anything else.

Having put up with the bombardment of letters, calls & threats from so many DCA's over the last 5 years it's a strange feeling, getting so close to SB and now stressing about what the postman might drop through the letterbox!

I did have two claims issued for other cards and they were both stayed and I'm not so clued up, as these were a few years ago.

I know there will be help here but it still doesn't stop you worrying about it.
                              Last edited by marypoppins; 14 February 2015, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                They're issuing claims like confetti so if ANYONE has an old cap1 or barclays debt that's gone to Lowells / BW Legal / Shoosmiths / Weightmans / Restons - send a new cca asap!!

good luck. We've got a good few claims we're helping members with by these scum.

Are the defendants getting plenty of warning? (LBA?)

I think I've got another with Lowells. I must get around to starting a diary to include all my CC's so it's easier to keep track, but still keep individual one's for specific action that's being taken.

I've been here long enough now to get this done, but you do start to get a little complacent when it can go a couple of years between contact from some of the companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X