GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - Lowells

we don't do complacent here MaryPoppins!

Get a diary sorted out and then we can see where we are, you don't want anyone sneaking in under the radar with a claim

Comment

Agreed Mrs D, I will get it sorted.

My files are all neat and tidy but so big!

I'll sit and type one up when I'm watching the live Eastenders episodes next week, the bit of distraction will help!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
        Is that a delaying tactic Pixie?

Both myself, Rockwell & cadwallader sent requests late last year and received the paperwork in December so I don't suppose they will have anything else.
        In a way it is but you're entitled to request a new cca so long as it's a month since your last request. It gives you another few weeks to maybe try and get some money together for a F&F as they're not supposed to issue a claim if there's a cca request outstanding.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will get another on in the post to them.

If they do issue a claim, maybe I could dispute the balance due to my earlier claim for charges and ppi, I didn't accept it at the time but asked for an explanation of their calculations because of course their offer didn't match the amount that I was claiming.

Comment

I've finally remembered to get a £1 postal order to send with the letter I did last week!

I can't remember if I put a payee on the last one I sent and now wonder whether I should make it payable to Lowells?

I have seen several comments recently where some DCA's are paying it to the account as a trick to extend the SB time!

Comment

Dont worry about it, they will either add the payee or send it back. If they add it to the account as a payment, we can argue this fact at a later stage, its nothing to worry about for the time being.

Comment

Thanks SXGuy, I'll leave it blank.

Comment

CCA went off yesterday.

In this mornings post, a letter from Lowell 'Pre-Legal Assessment'.

The account has been escalated for legal assessment, but I can still call before it escalates further and they won't ask me to pay more than I can afford.

The rest it the usual regarding the court process etc.

Strangely, it doesn't stipulate a time scale for me to respond.

Comment

Received their reply to my latest s78 request.

They've asked the original lender for a copy.

Let's hope it takes them a long time to get this (even though they sent one to me in December)!

Comment

In this mornings post, a letter from Lowell 'Pre-Legal Assessment'.

The account has been escalated for legal assessment, but I can still call before it escalates further and they won't ask me to pay more than I can afford.

The rest it the usual regarding the court process etc.

Strangely, it doesn't stipulate a time scale for me to respond.
                        Was that from their Legal Department, or from one of their other departments which, presumably, are not legal?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Was that from their Legal Department, or from one of their other departments which, presumably, are not legal?
                          Who knows CC, let's hope it's the latter!

Comment

Who knows CC, let's hope it's the latter!
                            I've had one of these "Pre-Legal Assessment" letters. Doesn't look like an LBA, more of an attempt to intimidate you in to making a payment. However, best to respond accordingly just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by rockwell View Post
                              I've had one of these "Pre-Legal Assessment" letters. Doesn't look like an LBA, more of an attempt to intimidate you in to making a payment. However, best to respond accordingly just in case.

I've just sent another s78 request as a sort of delaying tactic because the last one was sent in October last year.

If they had the sense to check their own file, they would see that they had already replied in December and just send out the same but they've just sent the standard 'we're going to obtain this from the OC' response!

If it takes another couple of months, it's getting closer to SB

Comment

Same here marypoppins

Comment

Working...
                                X