GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - Lowells

Another letter from them saying that they've been in touch with Cap 1 and they're trying to retrieve it from their archive.

Muppets!!

Comment

see what they produce
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just doing a bit of filing.

Latest letter from Lowell 23rd March.

Cap 1 still trying to retrieve the CCA from their archives.

We have placed the account on hold until we receive further information.

I'm getting dizzy from going round in circles but the further I can get on this year, the closer to SB!

Comment

We can cope with dizzy to get to SB I got another year yet
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lowells have sent today a copy of the signed agreement, with t & c's, Niddy has previously looked at this for me and considers that it is enforceable unfortunately.

Statements from 2001 to 2014, it doesn't show ppi as a separate charge until Nov 2007 and it confirms that the last date I paid was 3rd July 09

Collection activity has stopped for 30 days whilst they await my proposals for repayment.

Am I correct in thinking that it becomes SB approx 1 month after the last payment/cause of action?

Comment

Yes Mary, it become SB 6 years after you missed a payment so it will be SB at the beginning of August.

As they've put it on hold for 30 days I'd leave it until nearer that time and then maybe send the Missing Prescribed Terms template as a delaying tactic to get it nearer to the SB date.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Sounds like a plan Pixie!

Comment

Spot on 30 days since they put the account on hold!

We regret to note that despite previous correspondence regarding your account, we have not received payment of a valid reason for non-payment.

Failure to respond to this notice may result in further action been (yes been!) taken to recover the monies owed by you.

We urge you to call one of our advisors to prevent action being taken, please call..............

Ignore or reply? Need to get this to the beginning of August!

Comment

I've been getting daily telephone calls from Lowells but just the recorded message to contact them.

I've had another letter (26/5) which refers to previous corres, it states that they have provided the information requested and I've been asked to contact them. They will work with me to agree an affordable repayment arrangement so that the matter can be resolved.

If I don't contact them within 7 days, the account will be passed to their collections dept where the account may be assessed to decide the best course of action to recover the debt, or alternatively, one of our approved debt collection agencies will be instructed to contact you to arrange recovery of the outstanding balance.

I'm not too concerned about this one, I wonder who will get on the merry go round next?

Comment

• Re: Capital One - Lowells

Just updating thread for my reference and any subscribers.

1/6 - Standard letter (what I consider) - account being reviewed for next steps which could include legal action - then what legal action would involve - ccj - aoe - bailiffs.

Any enforcement action would depend on the amount owing and my circumstances but I can avoid this by calling them to discuss......etc

No deadline to respond.

15/6 - Discount letter 30% off or pay £2.00 per day. Had one of these in January (see post 60) they've requested that I contact them by 25/6.

I'm still on the autodial getting the daily call of a recorded message to contact them too!

Must keep this going.............Last paid 3rd July 09!!!!
                      Last edited by marypoppins; 18 June 2015, 21:31.

Comment

Are you absolutely sure on the date?? If so, then its Statute Barred and personally I would send the letter telling them so - however wait for input from Plan B / Elsa / Niddy - they know more than me!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                          15/6 - Discount letter 30% off or pay £2.00 per day. . . . they've requested that I contact them by 25/6.
                          Contact them by 25th June or what did they say they will do to you if you don't?

Was that letter from Lowells or B W Legal?

Could it have been a LBA?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                            Are you absolutely sure on the date?? If so, then its Statute Barred and personally I would send the letter telling them so - however wait for input from Plan B / Elsa / Niddy - they know more than me!
                            Last paid 3rd July 09 so SB early August by my calculations?

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            Contact them by 25th June or what did they say they will do to you if you don't?

Was that letter from Lowells or B W Legal?

Could it have been a LBA?

Plan B x
                            I don't think it's an LBA PlanB, the 1/6 was a 'review of the account for next steps which could include legal action' and there is no deadline date anywhere in it.

The discount letter was to contact them by 25/6 'to accept our offer of discount or set up a repayment plan'.

Both letters are from Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                              Last paid 3rd July 09 so SB early August by my calculations?

. . . The discount letter was to contact them by 25/6 'to accept our offer of discount or set up a repayment plan'.

Both letters are from Lowell.
                              Definitely not SB yet but almost there

Was that last payment your contractual monthly payment or a random payment?

If Lowell's letters haven't threatened legal action then so far so good. If you hear from B W Legal or Bryan Carter then post up quick.

Plan B x

Comment

It would have been the contractual payment PlanB.

I will update if anything else comes along!

Comment

Working...
                                X