GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - Lowells

You're very welcome to stay around oldyboy!

Comment

Has any of your capital one/Lowell accounts now show as Evolution Bank Limited on CRA

Evolution Banking Ltd, 8 St John Street, Manchester, M3 4DU
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 August 2014, 08:47.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        Has any of your capital one/Lowell accounts now show as Evolution Bank Limited on CRA

Evolution Banking Ltd, 8 St John Street, Manchester, M3 4DU
        Not my Cap1 account but another has TC

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ricksons/page5

Comment

A peep on another forum reports@:-

Ah, two hours after I send Evolution an email, they reply; stating the following:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email below.

Call credit, the credit reference agency, has reported your outstanding debts incorrectly as being with Evolution Banking. They have advised that the debts are in relation to a company called Lowell.

If you have any further queries in relation to this you should contact either Call Credit or Lowell. You will be able to find their contact details on their websites.

Kind regards.

Carol

Carol Richardson
          Head of Conduct & Risk

Evolution Money Limited cid:image001.gif@01CEE9D7.701C33E0 cid:image002.gif@01CEE9D7.701C33E0 cid:image003.gif@01CEE9D7.701C33E0
          Bauhaus | 27 Quay Street | Rosetti Place | Manchester | M3 3GY
          Tel: +44(0) 161 814 9993 | Fax: +44(0) 871 978 7556
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            ---------> THE TECH CLERKS - CAPITAL ONE = LOWELLS NOW

Lowell must have bought a batch of theses Capital One accounts .............I received one yesterday as well..

Just to let you know had a Text from ......Hamptons Legal to contact them ......will just wait to see if they write to me .

Hamptons is a trading style and internal pre legal collections department within Lowell Financial Ltd.

If a customer has received a letter from Hamptons Legal, the situation regarding the account has become more serious, usually because we have not had any engagement with our customer or there has not been an affordable payment plan agreed and maintained with us to repay the account. Accounts escalated to Hamptons Legal are assessed to see if legal action (including court action) to recover the outstanding balance is an appropriate course of action based on the information we have on the account at that point in time.

Here ---------> https://www.lowell.co.uk/who-is-hamptons-legal.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
              Just to let you know had a Text from ......Hamptons Legal to contact them ......will just wait to see if they write to me .
              You'd have thought that Lowells would have learned from recent press coverage regards companies using 'trading styles' purporting to be solicitors or legal firms..........
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Very interesting!

I had a message left on my landline yesterday from Hamptons, urging me to contact them!

Don't think I'll bother.

Comment

22/08/2014 - Letter from Lowells = we are here to keep you account up to-date. Lowell informed you they have bought the outstanding balance you had with Capital One. You have not yet cleared the outstanding balance, so they have asked us to get in touch.
                  with a plan
                  (Lowells own the account ? yet They state Capital One asked us to get in touch)????? we can help you clear this outstanding balance and repaying your debt may help to improve your credit rating.

What to do now:- Pay us in full:
                  Talk to us about an affordable repayment plan, based on your circumstances..

Phone us.

Comment

deleted

Comment

22/08/2014 - Letter from Lowells = we are here to keep you account up to-date. Lowell informed you they have bought the outstanding balance you had with Capital One. You have not yet cleared the outstanding balance, so they have asked us to get in touch.
                      with a plan
                      (Lowells own the account ? yet They state Capital One asked us to get in touch)????? we can help you clear this outstanding balance and repaying your debt may help to improve your credit rating.

What to do now:- Pay us in full:
                      Talk to us about an affordable repayment plan, based on your circumstances..

Phone us.
                      Yep ....I got the same one too.....

Comment

My O.H had a discount offer -- UHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh1111111 11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not me SOB

Comment

Mine is a bit different, but states that the account has been passed to them, Lowell Financial, the debt recovery department of Lowell Portfolio1 Ltd, the owners of the account.

The rest is the usual crap about helping and being flexible but then the last para refers to action they 'could' take, like court proceedings, bankruptcy depending on what information they discover from Experien, but they would much prefer to set up a payment plan than take such 'drastic' action!

Whilst I would usually ignore these clown, they have in the past issued a SD for another account (my OH's) and Andrew saw them off for us, so I'm wondering whether to send a standard CCA request? Any opinions gratefully received.

I think this will be SB around May next year so obviously want to drag it out a long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                            CCA request sent in April 09, received just a generic paper of current T & C's

I have received a letter from Lowell Portfolio today advising that they have purchased the debt from Cap1 and as they are now owners, they are entitled to receive payment of the outstanding balance.

I would in normal circumstances ignore their letter however from previous experience I know that they like to issue statutory demands so it may be a good idea to send a reply so I need a suitable letter from the library.

Any advice appreciated.
                            I understand that you'd probably prefer not to acknowledge this debt in any way and thus let it become time barred by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980, but I doubt that such a plan would work now that Bowells own the debt.

However, if the creditor could not satisfy a CCA request five years ago, one might reasonably doubt that Bowells could now comply.

Comment

Same route as mine except FOS involved at one stage = useless
                              What else did you expect from the Fobbing Off Service?

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie, quoting the Leeds Losers View Post
                                Accounts escalated to Hamptons Legal are assessed to see if legal action (including court action) to recover the outstanding balance is an appropriate course of action based on the information we have on the account at that point in time.
                                Failing that, would they then resort to illegal action?

Comment

Working...
                                X