GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One - Lowells

Everything crossed xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm off on my hols on Monday and not back until 8th September which will be past there 30 days collection activity being paused.

Strangely, I had a telephone call yesterday, just the usual recorded message to contact Lowells.

I won't be losing any sleep over this whilst I'm away!

Comment

Great stuff!
        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

26/8 - We regret to note..........we urge you to call our advisors to prevent action being taken. - no date to respond by.

2/9 - We have not heard from you.........if you do not contact us within 7 days your account will be passed to our collections dept to be assessed.

9/9 - Now being reviewed for next steps which could include legal action. - no date to respond by.

Whilst this did become statute barred on 10th August, I won't be sending anything to tell them that and will keep it until such point it is required as ammunition.

Edited to add that they sent a statement of account on 10/9
          Last edited by marypoppins; 7 October 2015, 18:36.

Comment

Agreed. Keep quiet - you have a secret weapon - AAD
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Another letter 24/9 offering a 30% discount blah blah blah!

No threats or date to respond by.

I'll just keep updating this thread for my reference and for others to read who are experiencing hassle from Lowells.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

I'll just keep updating this thread for my reference and for others to read who are experiencing hassle from Lowells.
                Thank you mp.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nice idea x
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Comment

I missed that you got to SB... well done MP!
                      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

9th Oct.

We are reviewing your account for further action...............................which may involve an external collection partner who may directly, or through their solicitors, take legal action against you.

It doesn't actually ask me to contact them and no date mentioned.

I could wallpaper the house with all the letters they are churning out!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                          9th Oct.

We are reviewing your account for further action...............................which may involve an external collection partner who may directly, or through their solicitors, take legal action against you.

It doesn't actually ask me to contact them and no date mentioned.

I could wallpaper the house with all the letters they are churning out!
                          Well it is coming up to Xmas party time for the children at the office and they hope for a cake to go with their Cow & Gate milk!

Comment

yes it is getting near to that magical time for office parties, so the DCAs get the staff to do a final push so that the commission payment, for getting any money before dec, can help towards the Big Do at some posh place.
                            The fact that some poor sod is sat worrying about how they are going to manage the heating bill, or put food on the table is of no importance to them.

Comment

I'm getting sick and tired of Lowells.

I've had a 'Pre-Legal Assessment' today which is the THIRD I've had from them this year!

Previous letters were 25th Feb and 17th July.

Comment

Well done Mary! I guess the fact that you are not telling them it is SB'd and to get lost is part of an overall "just in case" strategy.

Lowell are treating me like a newbie!....hopefully I'll hold out to mid-December.

Comment

Working...
                                X