GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Lowells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Lowells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One - Lowells

let's hope they don't find it then

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      let's hope they don't find it then
      They couldn't find it 5 years ago so I won't be holding my breath!

Comment

Another letter from Lowells 3rd November.

Capital One are still trying to retrieve the agreement from their archives. In the meantime the account is on hold.

They will not contact me again until they have the agreement!

Comment

I had that. It will arrive tomorrow. DT

Comment

I'm in the same boat with these muppets they will send just a cobbled up terms and conditions and say they have fulfilled your request. Then the letter ping pong starts, Just keep telling them CCA, and then send to Niddy.

Comment

We refer to your recent request for a copy of the original credit agreement for this account.

After liaising with Capital One in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened with you.

We are closing your account.

At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against this account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from Capital One.

Comment

I had the same letter from them once, then a couple of days later another letter arrived from them enclosing the same UE paperwork that Cap1 had supplied some time before they sold the account to Lowell.

So there followed some more letter ping-pong before they eventually gave up.

Just a note of caution.

Comment

Same here Still waving, it took them a little longer (18th Dec) but I put it away for xmas!

I've since had three letters from Lowell 29th Dec,5th Jan & 12th Jan.

The last one stating that they are reviewing the account for next steps which could include legal action if I don't agree to repay.

I'll scan what they've sent and ask Niddy to take a look but from the description of what TC received, mine is probably the same. An A4 sheet with my name and address at the top, blank in the middle and a box at the bottom with my signature.

I've had a good look through my file and I put the PPI claim in Feb 10 for premiums of £912 plus £850 contractual interest which they refused and claimed that it wasn't mis-sold.

I also put a claim in for default sums of £400 plus interest of £350, they offered £40 plus £6.04, which I rejected and asked them to reconsider, otherwise I would pursue the matter via a county court if necessary. They re-considered and increased their offer to £340 plus £101 interest and stated it was their final response.

I responded by asking them to explain their calculations before I could consider the increased offer, which obviously differed greatly to mine! Their reply to this was that they had issued their 'final response' and would not enter into any further negotiation or correspondence.

If they had paid both claims totalling £2511, it would have more than cleared the balance which was originally £1690 and is now £1950.

The DN didn't stipulate a date but instead gave 28 days, which I guess would be acceptable.

Comment

I've just emailed Niddy the recent CCA and what I had previously been sent in 2009.

Comment

Did you accept any refund - or did you refuse the revised offer? The DN must contain certain wording and come with the OFT sheet - so what if they gave 28 days. If it did not comply it is defective regardless that you benefited by extra time. I could give a year to repay a debt but it doesn't mean the process I used prior, was correct or compliant.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                        I've just emailed Niddy the recent CCA and what I had previously been sent in 2009.
                        no you didn't. You sent me a link pointing here. That's it.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Did you accept any refund - or did you refuse the revised offer? The DN must contain certain wording and come with the OFT sheet - so what if they gave 28 days. If it did not comply it is defective regardless that you benefited by extra time. I could give a year to repay a debt but it doesn't mean the process I used prior, was correct or compliant.
                          I didn't accept it, I asked how they arrived at the figure, they acknowledged my letter but referred to their previous 'final response' and would not enter into further negotiation or correspondence. The OFT sheet was sent with the DN.

So sorry, obviously a senior/blonde moment! I'll send you another email tomorrow (it's on my computer at work) and will remember to add the attachment!

Comment

Just sent it again Niddy, with the attachment this time!

Comment

Hi marypoppins, interesting comment from Niddy regarding these 28 day DN's. I believe the legislation stipulates a date to remedy by. If the date is not present the DN is defective.

I have a Barclaycard issue and the DN there is definitely faulty as it only allows me 13 days to remedy, the minimum being 14 days. Just as well they can't count!

Comment

Yes I agree, there should be a date but I'm sure I've read several times that it could be argued that you have been given more time to pay.

Anyway, I've had another letter from Lowell today offering me a 30% discount or a repayment plan of £2 per day which they say is the equivalent of £60.

If I take advantage of either offers they will update my credit file to show partially satisfied or satisfied.

Contact them to arrange by 5th Feb but if it's not affordable, please call or go onto their website and set up an affordable direct debit.

An unusually soft letter from Lowells or is it the lull before the storm?

Comment

Working...
                                X