GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Chriwat Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chriwat Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chriwat Diary

does living n Scotland make any difference? Jurisdiction and all that(clutching at straws lol)

Comment

Originally posted by chriwat View Post
      does living n Scotland make any difference? Jurisdiction and all that(clutching at straws lol)
      Yes it does, the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and pre-action conduct practice direction which are the basis of the usual response to a LBA do not apply in Scotland. The Scottish court system has its own rules.

Having said that, if what you got is a "pre legal assessment" from Lowell, that's not really a letter before action, just standard DCA bumph.

Comment

Also if you have used the template posted here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495044 that's way out of date, for example, "Annex A" mentioned on there was removed from the practice direction over a year ago so it no longer applies, not even in England and Wales.

Comment

Really...is there an updated one as we were planning sending it tomorrow

Comment

Still not sure how living in Acotland can help us guys and now unsure of next steps if LBA letter is out of date :-(

Comment

What exactly does the letter say chriwat? Does it say they may or they will take legal action?

BTW there is an updated LBA but let's see if it's needed first.

Edit: as you only received the letter yesterday there isn't any rush to reply and there's no need to be worrying x
              Last edited by Pixie; 21 August 2016, 17:44.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post
                Also if you have used the template posted here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495044 that's way out of date, for example, "Annex A" mentioned on there was removed from the practice direction over a year ago so it no longer applies, not even in England and Wales.
                if there is another can you point it out as I can't find one xx
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  It's in AAD+ which BuzzyBee can't access NW.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

So letter is titled pre legal assessment...goes on to say 'having assessed our options we intend to take legal action to recover this debt if you do not contact us to agree a repayment option'

Then states what legal action means and then they would prefer to work with us

Comment

And thanks again everyone for help, support and advice :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post
                        Thanks - we rely on people telling us they're out of date, we simplified the LBA response several months back - at the bottom of the thread in the link you quoted above.

Here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post547530

Also, it says in post 1 to send the new version.

** I've deleted the out of date copy till I update it.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post547530
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chriwat View Post
                            Yea, as this is +£5000 it's an Ordinary Cause - means we can help you via solicitor. Only small claims pose an issue.

On one hand being in Scotland is better as the threshold is £5k whereas in England it's £10k. Anyway, if & when they next respond let us know. I'd not bother sending an LBA response yet. I'm not sure if I've added a Scottish version so I'll check & revert back to you.

Try not to worry, you'll be alright.

Comment

Thanks Niddy...so for now we will not respond and I'll keep you all posted when we next hear from them.
                              Again thanks for all the help guys :-)

Comment

I've asked Jo regards Scottish LBA. I can't find ours at the moment.

We'll come back to you. If I forget, remind me Friday by PM please.

Comment

Working...
                                X