GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script amberashjess' UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amberashjess' UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: amberashjess' UE Diary

Hi

I got a letter from Robway about the co op account in reply to the letter niddy wrote for me. They will make the neccessary enquiries and let me know the outcome in due course, in the meantime they have stopped collection on the account.

WTF, statute Barred is SB dont know why they are making enquiries!

Comment

Hi

Today, i got another letter from Cabot this time for an old monument card. Its years old and Ive never heard about anybody about this account before. They are offering me a 90% discount to clear my account. It also says they have tried to contact me. (they havent) The amount is aporox £1800 and they want me to call them and pay £180.

Should I just fire off a statute barred letter? Ive not paid them a penny in 6 years and am tired of all these companies coming out of the woodwork and bothering me. I know from reading the forum that cabot are issuing lots of claims so am wary of them.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
        Hi

Today, i got another letter from Cabot this time for an old monument card. Its years old and Ive never heard about anybody about this account before. They are offering me a 90% discount to clear my account. It also says they have tried to contact me. (they havent) The amount is aporox £1800 and they want me to call them and pay £180.

Should I just fire off a statute barred letter? Ive not paid them a penny in 6 years and am tired of all these companies coming out of the woodwork and bothering me. I know from reading the forum that cabot are issuing lots of claims so am wary of them.

Thank you
        As long as you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that the statute barring date has passed, then I believe that is what you should do. Harassing people for alleged debts which are statute barred did not even contravene the old OFT Guidance until you had informed the alleged creditor of the statute barred status.

There is no point whatsoever in leaving yourself open to a court claim unnecessarily, although the fact that they are offering such a silly reduction means they are perfectly aware of the situation anyway.

SH

Comment

Im certain it is SB, Scabhunter. I've not paid them anything and its not on my credit file last time I looked. (Im not checking!) I believe that card changed to barclycard and they gave me a platinum card last year with a good limit so im pretty certain this is a very old debt.

I will get the SB letter out next week to those morons.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi

Update the co op bank account account that Robway were managing. They are no longing dealing with it and have passed it back to Lowells. They havent mentioned the SB status at all in their letter.

The three co op accounts I have on my credit file disappear from my file in January and I'm a bit nervous that Lowells may chance court claims because the accounts were defaulted over a year after last payments. I haven't heard from lowells since November 2013 when I sent cca request and the LBA template for the card and loan.

Comment

Hi

I got a letter from Lowells saying they had passed on the co op bank account to Fredricksons. Robinson Way handed it back to them and now Fredricksons want me to ring them. Lowells/Robway ignored the letters Niddy wrote for about this account being statute Barred. Seems like it is a never ending cycle of different collectors.

What should I do next? The letter from Fred's wasn't threatening yet. Default date in my file is 15/01/09 but not used the account since Nov/Dec 2007. Should I send Niddys previous letter to this new company?

Thanks

Comment

Just send a copy of the SB letter (addressed to the last DCA etc / as is) to the new DCA and add a cover note saying "see attached which is self explanatory", also attach the letter they sent you......
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, will do that this week.

Comment

Hi Niddy

im sorting this now, when you say attach the letter they sent you do you mean the letter freds sent me for payment or the letter Rob Way sent me saying they have passed it back to lowells?

Thanks

Comment

Well whoever is writing, you send them a copy of the last letter you sent. That's all...... If it's changed hands since you sent that letter then fine, still send a copy of it to the new owner.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Posted the letters, let's see what this lot do now. Thank you, Niddy.

Comment

Hi

I got a letter back last week from Fredricksons saying they will respond to my company in 30 days. I didn't compain just sent Niddys letter again. I don't what these companies are playing at, Robway did the same thing and then passed it back to lowells

Will update when they get back.

Comment

Hi

im in a panic. I got a LBA from hamptons legal today for a mobile phone contract we had a couple of years ago. (I think)Its for around £400. Ive no paperwork for this and dont know what to do. Please can anyone advise me. I dont want a court claim or a ccj.

I know mobile phone are different from cca requests but cant find any info on the forum.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Who is the mobile firm? Is it an actual bill you didn't pay or was it the contract months added up?

Comment

Hi Niddy

my mother had this phone. It was from Orange and I wasn't aware she didn't pay the remaining months left on the contract.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X