GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script amberashjess' UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amberashjess' UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: amberashjess' UE Diary

Hi

Elsa, we sent the standard letter, they already sent statements. We dont the hassle of stringing it along. They said its their final response. Do you think a full and final is worthwhile asking for?

Thank you. We can pay it. x

Comment

Can anyone help or advise. Im just finding this very difficult to deal with. Thank you.

Comment

Hi. Can anyone point me to any letters on full and final settlements please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
          Can anyone help or advise. Im just finding this very difficult to deal with. Thank you.
          If it were me I'd just ignore them until they get a bit more heavy ......
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you, Deepie. Ill sit tight till they get in touch. I trust the posters on the and listen to their advice. x

Comment

Hi

I need to increase my overdraft but would it alert the dca's. They been quiet now for a while. Im not been credit checked. I asked the bank.

Thank you.

Comment

HiEverybody

Hope your having a nice BH. I need some advice please. I keep getting lots of letters from cs collect on behalf of aktiv kapital. I think but am not sure its for a hsbc bank account and flexi loan I had. Its not on my report and I think the default date was in 2006. I don't have any paperwork either for the account. Is this statute barred?

Im sick of these letters and they are threatening to have somebody call round and asking me to call to get a discount. Should I send a prove it letter or something different? Ive not replied to any letters as yet and I'm feed up of them hassling me. I get letters about twice a week.
                Thank you.

Comment

Statute barred is 6 years (or 5 in Scotland) from usually a month after the last payment made to the account, or written aknowledgment of the debt, regardless if still on credit file. If you haven't made a payment since default then it'd be barred

I'm sure someone more knowledgable with the template letters will be along to advise which one best to send.

Comment

Hi

Can anybody give me advice on what to do on my previous post. Thank you.

Comment

HiEverybody

Hope your having a nice BH. I need some advice please. I keep getting lots of letters from cs collect on behalf of aktiv kapital. I think but am not sure its for a hsbc bank account and flexi loan I had. Its not on my report and I think the default date was in 2006. I don't have any paperwork either for the account. Is this statute barred?

Im sick of these letters and they are threatening to have somebody call round and asking me to call to get a discount. Should I send a prove it letter or something different? Ive not replied to any letters as yet and I'm feed up of them hassling me. I get letters about twice a week.
                      Thank you.
                      Hi Amberashjess
                      As they're persisting with this I think your idea of sending a prove it letter is a good one. No point firing off a Stat Barred letter till you have more info.
                      Link: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...-debt-prove-it

Elsa x

Comment

Just noticed they're threatening a doorstep visit, if you want you could incorporate this too: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...doorstep-visit

Comment

Thank you Elsa, will get those letters sent of tomorrow and see what they come back. X

Comment

Hi Everyone

its been quiet on the letters front recently. Today, however I got a letter from Lowell's about an old debt from lloyds bank probably defaulted 2005 or2006 Its not on my credit report anymore and ive never made any payments to it.

Lowells are offering a 75% discount and I can pay £670 instead of £2700. If I don't pay they will pass it on to a agency for collection and somebody may call at my home.

Any advice on what to do? Should I ignore? Shall i wait until they pass on on a send a prove it letter? Im just a bit concerned because of my past situation about someone coming to my door.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Hi Everyone

its been quiet on the letters front recently. Today, however I got a letter from Lowell's about an old debt from lloyds bank probably defaulted 2005 or2006 Its not on my credit report anymore and ive never made any payments to it.

Lowells are offering a 75% discount and I can pay £670 instead of £2700. If I don't pay they will pass it on to a agency for collection and somebody may call at my home.

Any advice on what to do? Should I ignore? Shall i wait until they pass on on a send a prove it letter? Im just a bit concerned because of my past situation about someone coming to my door.

Thank you so much.
                              when did you last pay anything on this ?
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have no idea Deepie, not since before the default and certainly not recently either. It would be either in 2005 or 2006 but I have no paperwork for this debt.

Comment

Working...
                                X