GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script amberashjess' UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amberashjess' UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: amberashjess' UE Diary

Tell her to return as unknown at this address.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Had a letter from lowell saying they have passed a old barclaycard ( I think) to bpo collections. They were sending letters from Red previously as the amounts on the letter are the same. They have changed the account number and it says you have not raid your Plato BFI account??? I only know its the barclaycard from the amount they say is the same as previous letters.

This debt is statute barred I'm sure and I have had a new BCard since last year. It seems as though Lowell's are trying to confuse me with different companies and account numbers.

What should I do? Ignore it?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
        Hi

Had a letter from lowell saying they have passed a old barclaycard ( I think) to bpo collections. They were sending letters from Red previously as the amounts on the letter are the same. They have changed the account number and it says you have not raid your Plato BFI account??? I only know its the barclaycard from the amount they say is the same as previous letters.

This debt is statute barred I'm sure and I have had a new BCard since last year. It seems as though Lowell's are trying to confuse me with different companies and account numbers.

What should I do? Ignore it?

Thanks
        If you are 100% It's SB then I 'd ignore it if it were me....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's not been on any credit reports for a few years and I applied for a new platinum barclaycard last year and its running well.

It's definitely time barred now. I have also had numerous discount letters from red over the last few years.
          Is this best to ignore then?

Thank you, I've never paid them a penny. This was with equidebt originally.
          Last edited by amberashjess; 2 April 2014, 18:01.

Comment

Hi Niddy

Can you give some advice on letters I have been receiving from different DCA's? They are old debts that are not on my report anymore and way over six years old. I cant remember what these debts were even for or who they were originally from. Ive not paid a penny to any of them but have had letters from aktiv capital and others.The letters offer huge discounts (75% off) but they don't say what debts are ie credit card or what company. These must of defaulted in 2006 or earlier.

I seem to be getting lots lately, maybe as I'm now on the electoral register and have active accounts? Ive not checked noddle report as you suggested in months. Im a bit worried because I know from reading the forum they will chance it and litigate on old debts. Should I reply? Ive only ever replied to the debt (coop bank) thats still on my file and have never replied or paid any debt company. I hate receiving these old letters.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Niddy

Can you give some advice on letters I have been receiving from different DCA's? They are old debts that are not on my report anymore and way over six years old. I cant remember what these debts were even for or who they were originally from. Ive not paid a penny to any of them but have had letters from aktiv capital and others.The letters offer huge discounts (75% off) but they don't say what debts are ie credit card or what company. These must of defaulted in 2006 or earlier.

I seem to be getting lots lately, maybe as I'm now on the electoral register and have active accounts? Ive not checked noddle report as you suggested in months. Im a bit worried because I know from reading the forum they will chance it and litigate on old debts. Should I reply? Ive only ever replied to the debt (coop bank) thats still on my file and have never replied or paid any debt company. I hate receiving these old letters.

Thank you
              Hi Amberashjess

If these debts are older than 6 years (5 years in Scotland), and you've not made a payment in this time or acknowledged the debt, then they are statute barred.

They could try to litigate in these circumstances but they would be exceptionally foolish, so you really have little to worry about here.

You can either ignore them, or put them to bed immediately by sending the following letter:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...barred-england

(note if you've not registered for the above site you'll need to do so first before you can read the template).

Best
              SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Salt n Vinegar

Ive not acknowledged the debts or paid them but Im not sure what they are for now. It's been a long time and I have no paperwork for any of them. At one point I had 7 or 8 defaults so it could be any of them. I usually ignore them but file letters away.

Comment

Hi Eveybody

I need help again. I just don't why things are all coming out out woodwork at this time.

I have letter from Lowell's that I honestly know nothing about. It for severn trent water for the amount of £436. I was with severn trent but I left my home in December 08 (domestic violence) and was not aware of any outstanding bills. I didn't receive any letters from severn even though I had a redirection set up for 2 years.

Id like to clear this up. Should I send a prove it letter or something? Im even wiling to settle something with this lot to make them go away. Its so stressful

I don't know what dates they are calculating this debt for. God knows what Lowell's is doing to my file. Ive not checked in ages since niddy advised me not to. They do a lot of searches on me.

Thank you.

Comment

I'd probably ignore this and await their next letter. Drag it out till December if you can
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ignored and filed Niddy. I will see what they send next. I hate Lowell's they keep chasing for all sorts. All but this are time barred now! I don't reply unless I have to. Hate it.

Comment

Hi

Another letter from dlc from their client hillseden security saying that they are giving me notice of debt surveillance program. Doesn't say what its for but offers a discount of 70% I don't know what debt it is but its definitely time barred and not on my file. This is the second letter from them I've had.

Should I ignore?

thanks x

Comment

Hi

Another letter from dlc from their client hillseden security saying that they are giving me notice of debt surveillance program. Doesn't say what its for but offers a discount of 70% I don't know what debt it is but its definitely time barred and not on my file. This is the second letter from them I've had.

Should I ignore?

thanks x

Yes...I would if it were me.

Comment

Filed. Thank you. I only want to respond if its neccessary.

Comment

Hi,

Im posting this here so I don't confuse my other thread.

I need advice about the bank account/overdraft debt my sister has with hsbc. I sent a cca to keynes collections as suggested. They sent a letter saying they will look for the it but this is an overdraft. They then sent a statement of account and we sent missing prescribed terms letter

We then had a letter back saying something along the lines that this is an overdraft so section 78 does not apply and this is their final response.Ive not got the letter to hand but it said something about complaining to the fos if we are not happy.
                              Were not sure what to do now. Do we settle or setup a payment plan? . Mkdp already have one court claim in against us so do we need to settle with them now? my sis can pay the £975 but can we make them a lower offer?

Can anybody advise please. We are finding it difficult to respond to one court claim so don't want another one.
                              Thank you

Comment

Hi Amberashjess,
                                Did you send the standard CCA Request or the one specifically for overdrafts? OD's are tricky and generally we can only string them along for a while to gain time, although sometimes they do go away.
                                If you haven't done so already have a read here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information
                                If you haven't sent it already if it was me I'd send the response letter in post 1.

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                                X