GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script amberashjess' UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amberashjess' UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: amberashjess' UE Diary

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
    I have no idea Deepie, not since before the default and certainly not recently either. It would be either in 2005 or 2006 but I have no paperwork for this debt.
    Depending on where you live ....I'd send this.......

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you, I will send the letter (Im in England) in the next few days. I ve got the kids off right now and they are keeping me busy! ill update when I hear anything.

Found an old experian report and it says account started 12/03 and defaulted 10/06

I havent paid so must be SB?

Comment

If you haven't paid anything since before it defaulted then yes, it must be SB.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

I got a letter in the post today from Reston's on behalf of arrow global. It doesn't tell me what the account is and the want £590. I have no clue to what this debt is and also don't know if they used to write to me as all letters used to be binned.

The letter mentions that they will offer 30% discount and if I don't phone within 14 days they may issue court proceedings. It goes on to say they will not contact me again to warn me that legal proceedings will be issued.

Ive read a lot about how scummy Reston's are and I'm scared now.

Im not sure to send a prove it letter or Niddys LBA? Both? I genuinely do not know what this debt is for.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Comment

Can anybody advise me on the above post? just noticed that this letter is dated 7th August and ive not much time to respond. Thank you.

Comment

I would send a prove it then

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...-debt-prove-it

Comment

Hi
                when I started this thread Last December I was being chased by Lowells for a credit card and loan from the co op. I sent cca requests and have heard nothing since then and kept under the radar. Niddy told me they were statute barred. There was also however a bank account with coop that Lowell's had never chased me for bizarrely.

I had a letter from Lowell's on saturday about the bank account saying they had sent the account to Robinson way and to contact them with payment. Robway sent a letter with a number to call or I may get a ccj and it could affect me getting a mortgage!

The account was opened in 2003

Last Used November/December 2007

Balance £1450

Default date Jan 2009

This account had 14 months of missed payments and before default date on credit record is 15/01/09, That was the date was when they flogged it to Lowell's.

I vividly remember that I had a phone call to say they were taking away my overdraft and so I stopped using the account. I opened my current bank account in November 2007 so the dates seem to match up.

Can I get advice on what to do? These last 3 accounts go off my file soon and I do t want to get any ccj as they have had six years to chase me. Ive read enough on the forum to realise that Lowell's/robway may argue that it when the account was defaulted that counts.

Also can I just say that last year when I got these letters about the other accounts, I was in a constant state on anxiety and panic but thanks to Niddy and AAD members I'm calm and really not that bothered about Lowells that much now.

Thank you

Comment

Hiya

Don't worry, if you're certain it is SB then we'll sort it with you - basically send this back to Rob Way -> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...statute-barred

Don't mention anything about 2007 or that just now - just send the template as above - it'll be fine, they cannot just get a CCJ so don't worry!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, Niddy. I definitely stopped using this account around that time and haven't acknowledged the debt in anyway or made a payment for over 6 years. Co op did take money after I left the account though according to the SAR I did, they made payments to the loan until Feb 2008 themselves which caused it to go more overdrawn.

Shall I still send the SB letter?

Thank you

Comment

• Re: amberashjess' UE Diary

did you pay into it or did they offset into it?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Feb 2008 to now is still more than 6 years so it is still SB so yes, send the letter

Comment

Will do, Niddy. I will report back when I hear something.

Thank you.

Comment

They offset it Niddy. I just stopped paying my loan, card and bank account because of financial problems at the time. I've not written to Lowell's since the beginning of the year because you said only send the SB letter you wrote for me when they do. They still haven't written or chased me about those two original accounts I posted about or sent the agreements I requested.

I've never been chased for this bank account they've passed to RobWay that I've posted about today.

Shall I send the original SB letter for this?

Thanks

Comment

Yes send SB letter ONLY to rob way

Comment

Thanks, Niddy.

Up to date SB letter posted
                                Last edited by amberashjess; 4 September 2014, 13:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X