GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script amberashjess' UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amberashjess' UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to amberashjess

Sent you email, niddy

I will post back when I get responses for cca's or any other letters.

Thank you.

Comment

Cheers. Replied
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letter above is on its way to BC by recorded delivery. I will post up when I hear back from them.

How do I donate to the site and is there a suggested donation?

thank you.

Comment

Hi

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-How-to-Donate

or via forum here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/payments.php

We don't ask for anything. We'd rather you keep your hard earned cash. But when you want to donate the option is there. See link above.

Niddy.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Amberashjess

People on here are really helpful so hope the advice is getting you on track. Whilst i have learnt much through the forum my expertise is related to child protection etc so in addition to what Niddy has suggested you should be receiving support/help from different services which (hopefully) your Social Worker has addressed. There should be a local Domestic Violence forum who offer a range of help and support in addition to the Rape Crisis Centre. Plus many areas have voluntary organisations to help people who have been in your situation and they can often point you in the direction of differing grants. All depends how on the ball your social worker has been....if not then there are alternatives in many places (women's aid details many of these). Also rethink.org have some useful resources relating to coping with debt and mental health.

Keep strong and if you need pointers to services etc do shout

Tierisch

Comment

We are delving into debt with disabilities / mental health issues - will be a wee while coming as I've so much other stuff to get done first such as the new AAD etc but give me time to catch up and we'll target this area as Pompey and others are very keen to promote it.

Comment

Hi tierisch

Thank you the info. I spoke to the disabilty social worker yesterday but only she told me to go to the CAB for advice. I am getting great help on this forum so am I sticking with NID's advice. I will look at the website you mentioned. Thank you.

Comment

The CAB like others must surely aspire to be us, but alas - there's only one AAD and there will ever only be one as well, all impostors can go and dream

Comment

Hi

it seems like lots of things are coming out of the woodwork! Today I got a letter from a complany called dlc givig me notice I am on a their debt surveillance program. It does not say who is the client/creditor or what account this is.

From a internet search, It could be about a citi card. I did have one but its not on my credit report and would be time barred by now. I am also offered a discount to pay £770 to clear the £3100 debt.

Thank you. Ive never heard from this company before. How are they finding me!?

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
                      Hi

it seems like lots of things are coming out of the woodwork! Today I got a letter from a complany called dlc givig me notice I am on a their debt surveillance program. It does not say who is the client/creditor or what account this is.

From a internet search, It could be about a citi card. I did have one but its not on my credit report and would be time barred by now. I am also offered a discount to pay £770 to clear the £3100 debt.

Thank you. Ive never heard from this company before. How are they finding me!?
                      Ok well wait till they write and identify the account in question. Don't worry, it's normal - they trace you through the CRA's and Electoral Register as well as using firms like N Hunter and Data Analytic styled companies.

Don't worry, wait and see what they send next.

I know I need to sort you a reply regards another issue, later though - bear with me please

Comment

Ah, thank you niddy. I have been on the electoral register since last year. Not one of my best ideas. I had to get on it to apply for new credit. I will file the letter as you say and wait. its statute barred and Ive never contacted them or paid a penny to it. Im just a bit concerned incase they come to my door.

Thank you regarding the other matter too.

Comment

If they come to your door you just tell them (politely or otherwise) to go away

My debts have been through several DCAs and I've only had one doorstep visit. I just told him to go away and closed the door. He didn't even get the chance to say which account it was...I just saw the Moorcroft heading on the paper on his clipboard...and they had more than one of my accounts at the time.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie

Yes, I understand but I feel very intimidated as I've had someone call before. I've had years of domestic violence and it's frightening for me and my children for a strange man to come to my door. I never answer it in the evening and have chains and double locks. We are on the road to recovery after many years. All this is causing me so much anxiety. I'm terrified of court action too.

Thank God for Niddy's and everybody's else help on this forum. I'm so glad I came here. X

Comment

I understand your feelings about a strange man coming to the door but it isn't very likely to happen. .. and you don't need to open the door.

Try not to worry about court action... that is just what the dcas want you to feel.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you, I will try not to worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X