GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Adinuff's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adinuff's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Adinuff's UE Diary

Originally posted by Adinuff View Post
    HSBC Bank Current Account Business Sole Trader (joint)

Balance Approx - £13178.92

Default Date - 14/03/07 (Passed over to Payplan)

Default Amount - £15500

DMP (payplan) - £40 monthly Stopped Paying

Inhouse Collections - Metropolitan

21/01/13 - SAR request sent

28/01/13 - Letter recieved confirming they will insitgate a search reference SAR

30/01/13 - Letter recieved stating signature required for CCA request

04/02/13 - Letter sent stating that signature is not required and will pick up documents from local branch with SAR request.

27/02/13 - Letter recieved documentation is ready for collection at local branch

06/03/13 - Recieved SAR from HSBC regarding business current account. Original Overdraft was £4250. Account went over to £25k at one stage with Charges and interest. Payplan sent a letter to Ombudsman in 2008 for interests charges to be stopped. Intially rejected by HSBC in 2006. Account is back down to £13178. so seems they must of took charges and penalties off i presume. Need to confirm with PP.

06/03/13 - CCA request sent as per template on Overdrafts section

07/03/13 - reduce payment to £1

26/03/13 - Received letter back from HSBC. "Thank you for your letter dated 06/03/13. we are currently looking into this with the relevant department. Will get back to me with a full response once investigated"

12/04/13 - Recieved letter from HSBC stating they are looking into my complaint. estimate response by 10/05/13.

17/04/13 - received letter from HSBC. May i advise you, the consumer credit (EU Directive) 2010, which inserted sections 74A and 74B into the consumer Credit Act 1974 (hereinafter the Act), does not impose a duty on a crditor to provide copies of the historic overdraft agreements. Nevertheless we enclose a copy of the facility letter dated 12/;03/08, being a copy of the overdraft agreement,for your info.
    As the requirements set out in sections 74A and 74B of the act did not come into affect until 1 feb 2011, they do not apply to the agreement in question. Notwithstanding, the facility letter contains information which would in any event comply with the newly inserted provisions.
    as to your contention that the bank is under a duty to furnish you with the information required by the aforementioned sections on annual basis, we cannot agree. These provisions only apply to existing and prospective overdraft agreements.
    The balance outstanding on this account arose from the agreement entered into in March 2008 which was fixed in duration until 19 March 2009. as such, this debt relates to a historic OD agreement and the facility is no longer available. Therefore, the bank is not required to provide an annual statement relating to the current OD agreement as there is no such agreement in existence.
    At this stage we would like to point out that upon the account closure in March 2009, the balance outstanding was transferred for recovery to Metropolitan Coll and interest and charges have remained frozen. Whilst i appreciate that this may not have been the response you may have anticipated, i trust this serves to clarify the banks position on the matter.

18/04/13 - Letter addressed to wife. "Response to a request pursuant to Section 77 of the consumer Credit Act 1974. we write to your letter dated 25/01/2013???. in normal circumstances the request you have made under section 77 off the CCA 1974 is not valid and HSBC has no obligation to provide the documents you seek. This is because the info relates to closed /repaid products that are no longer in force.
    However we have assumed that your request for info is likelt to bin relation to obtaining details of PPI that you held with HSBC...goes onto mention CC that they think i have held with PPI. return my £1 postal order for safekeeping.
    Hi Guys,
    These guys seem to be on ball and have sent me CCA for Overdraft. I have stopped payments anyhow. Whats your thoughts shall i set the clock running or reduce to £1? bit lost with this one.

Adinuff

Comment

Hiya

Have you sent the CCA Overdraft letter?

i.e. --> Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Hiya

Have you sent the CCA Overdraft letter?

i.e. --> Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS
        Hi Niddy,
        i have sent them the first draft letter and they have sent me back a copy of the agreement. Shall i send to you now?

Adinuff

Comment

Shall i send to you now?

Adinuff
          that'd help
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            that'd help
            All done Squire

Comment

HSBC CC (wife)

Balance Approx - £4205

Default Date - Approx 2006

Default Amount - £5100

DMP (Payplan) - £12.21 Stopped Payment

Sold - Lewis group

06/03/13 - Recieved CCa and SAR for above account.Scanning now and will send to Niddy for analysis. first thoughts are it is enforceable

07/03/13 - Word back from Niddy. Seems like the CCA is enforceable :-(

07/01/13 - Reduced payment to £1

18/03/13 - Letter addressed to wife. "Response to a request pursuant to Section 77 of the consumer Credit Act 1974. we write to your letter dated 25/01/2013???. in normal circumstances the request you have made under section 77 off the CCA 1974 is not valid and HSBC has no obligation to provide the documents you seek. This is because the info relates to closed /repaid products that are no longer in force.
              However we have assumed that your request for info is likely to bin relation to obtaining details of PPI that you held with HSBC...goes onto mention CC that they think i have held with PPI. return my £1 postal order for safekeeping.
              08/06/13 - Letter recieved from CL finance that we have failed to make agreed payments. We need to make payments within 10 days otherwise termination of agreement and a doorstep visit to collect payment.[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys,
              They are threatening doorstep visit. Is there anything i need to send to prevent this?

Adniuff

Comment

HBOS CC (wife)

Balance approx - £4967

Default Amount - £6000

DMP (Payplan) - £14.41 Stopped Payment

Sold - Lewis group

21/01/13- SAR and CCA request sent

24/01/13 -Section 77/78 request returned, signature required.

04/0/13 - Reconstitued version of the executed agreeement sent. Will send original signed application to comply with 60/61 request

04/02/13 - SAR request returned again. Will let me collect from local branch

10/02/13 - letter sent comfirming address of my local branch to collect SAR

18/02/13 - Copy of original signed application sent. Letter stating no need to send original.

19/02/13 - SAR request - letter stating they are in process of requesting information. Will send information by 26 March 2013

02/03/13 - recieved correspondence from niddy saying CCA are unforceable AT the moment. Need to send a letter asking for prescribed T&C's

05/03/13 - Sent off letter stating missing Pres T&C's

07/03/13 - Stopped payment

08/06/13 - Letter received from CL finance that we have failed to make agreed payments. We need to make payments within 10 days otherwise termination of agreement and a doorstep visit to collect payment.
                Sorrry guys its HBOS account CL Finance sent letter too

Comment

08/06/13 - Letter recieved from CL finance that we have failed to make agreed payments. We need to make payments within 10 days otherwise termination of agreement and a doorstep visit to collect payment.
                  Hi Guys,
                  They are threatening doorstep visit. Is there anything i need to send to prevent this?

Adniuff[/QUOTE]

sort this to suit, don't know if they have been phoning you

Harassment Threat of Doorstep-Visit - allaboutDEBT UK

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    Hi Guys,

Adniuff
                    sort this to suit, don't know if they have been phoning you

Harassment Threat of Doorstep-Visit - allaboutDEBT UK[/QUOTE]

Thanks MRS D,
                    All done and ready too be posted.

Adniff

Comment

good o

Comment

MBNA CC (mine) CCJ

Balance Approx - £9440

Default Amount - £11300

DMP (Payplan) - £27.39 monthly Stopped Paying

Sold to Link Financial

21/01/13 SAR and CCA request to Link (CCJ supersedes CCA..i know :-( )

24/01/13 recieved SAR back from Link

09/03/13 Ignore post dated 21/03/13 CCJ and CO not on this account. In the process drafting a CCA and SAR request.

29/4/13 - CCA reminder letter

19/6/13 - Letter received from MBNA. Thanks for your letter dated 29/4/13 regarding account. In response to your letter, we an confirm that information we are required to provide in accordance with section 78 of CCA Act 1974 has been forwarded to Link Financial, who purchased the account on 25 March 2013. Any further queries please contact them. Gonna ignore
                        Hi guys,
                        Judging by this letter i take it that they can't find the CCA and are passing over to Link Financial?

Adinuff

Comment

Barclays Bank (joint current account)

Balance approx £4785.11

Default date 08/2006

Default amount £6011

DMP (Payplan) - £13.89 monthly Stopped Paying

Barclays Bank Plc CDS Collections

21/01/13 - SAR sent
                          21/02/13 - SAR received. All statements received.Need advice on claiming back charges and validity of OD if applicable

07/03/13 - reduced payment to £1

14/03/13 - Received letter back from Barclays stating : You have asked copies referring to Consumer Credit Act. Sections 77 and 79 do not apply to running account credit agreements, such as overdrafts. therefore they are irrelevant to your current account overdraft. Section 78 does apply to running account credit agreements, but it refers to "executed agreements(if any)"
                          Barclays standard practice means that customers did not sign agreements for overdrafts on current accounts so no executed agreement within the meaning of section 78. (provided at relevant time) that overdrafts on current accounts do not need to be documented in the same way as loans and CC agreements. Section 78 also refers to a statement of accounts, which will be provided upon payment of £1.

24/03/13 - Drafted response letter in templates section. Will post tomorrow

19/6/13 - Received letter from CDCS Collections Services. According to our records there is an arrangement in place for the above account to receive repayment of no less £xx.xx. Payments must be made asap.Gonna ignore
                          Hi Guys,
                          Gonna ignore for now. As i have sent the response template from overdrafts section. What do ya all think?

Adinuff

Comment

HSBC Bank Current Account Business Sole Trader (joint)

Balance Approx - £13178.92

Default Date - 14/03/07 (Passed over to Payplan)

Default Amount - £15500

DMP (payplan) - £40 monthly Stopped Paying

Inhouse Collections - Metropolitan

21/01/13 - SAR request sent

28/01/13 - Letter recieved confirming they will insitgate a search reference SAR

30/01/13 - Letter recieved stating signature required for CCA request

04/02/13 - Letter sent stating that signature is not required and will pick up documents from local branch with SAR request.

27/02/13 - Letter recieved documentation is ready for collection at local branch

06/03/13 - Recieved SAR from HSBC regarding business current account. Original Overdraft was £4250. Account went over to £25k at one stage with Charges and interest. Payplan sent a letter to Ombudsman in 2008 for interests charges to be stopped. Intially rejected by HSBC in 2006. Account is back down to £13178. so seems they must of took charges and penalties off i presume. Need to confirm with PP.

07/03/13 - reduce payment to £1

26/03/13 - Received letter back from HSBC. "Thank you for your letter dated 06/03/13. we are currently looking into this with the relevant department. Will get back to me with a full response once investigated"

12/04/13 - Recieved letter from HSBC stating they are looking into my complaint. estimate response by 10/05/13.

17/04/13 - received letter from HSBC. May i advise you, the consumer credit (EU Directive) 2010, which inserted sections 74A and 74B into the consumer Credit Act 1974 (hereinafter the Act), does not impose a duty on a crditor to provide copies of the historic overdraft agreements. Nevertheless we enclose a copy of the facility letter dated 12/;03/08, being a copy of the overdraft agreement,for your info.
                            As the requirements set out in sections 74A and 74B of the act did not come into affect until 1 feb 2011, they do not apply to the agreement in question. Notwithstanding, the facility letter contains information which would in any event comply with the newly inserted provisions.
                            as to your contention that the bank is under a duty to furnish you with the information required by the aforementioned sections on annual basis, we cannot agree. These provisions only apply to existing and prospective overdraft agreements.
                            The balance outstanding on this account arose from the agreement entered into in March 2008 which was fixed in duration until 19 March 2009. as such, this debt relates to a historic OD agreement and the facility is no longer available. Therefore, the bank is not required to provide an annual statement relating to the current OD agreement as there is no such agreement in existence.
                            At this stage we would like to point out that upon the account closure in March 2009, the balance outstanding was transferred for recovery to Metropolitan Coll and interest and charges have remained frozen. Whilst i appreciate that this may not have been the response you may have anticipated, i trust this serves to clarify the banks position on the matter.

18/04/13 - Letter addressed to wife. "Response to a request pursuant to Section 77 of the consumer Credit Act 1974. we write to your letter dated 25/01/2013???. in normal circumstances the request you have made under section 77 off the CCA 1974 is not valid and HSBC has no obligation to provide the documents you seek. This is because the info relates to closed /repaid products that are no longer in force.
                            However we have assumed that your request for info is likelt to bin relation to obtaining details of PPI that you held with HSBC...goes onto mention CC that they think i have held with PPI. return my £1 postal order for safekeeping.

29/05/13 - Letter received from Metropolitan Col stating "you have not made a suitable arrangement to repay the outstanding balance on your account. Must call us asap. we may be prepared to agree a discount to your balance. They have increased the debt back to £20,834 from £13k. Gonna ignore for time being

26/06/13 - Final demand. Despite making several attempts to contact me. if we do not hear from you in 7 days we will take further action against you to recover this amount.
                            Hi Everyone,
                            im gonna leave this one as well for time being. Right thing??

Adinuff

Comment

Hi Adinuff,
                              Yes to all the above mate. Sit back and enjoy the sun until they crawl out from under their stone.
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Halifax CC ( Wife)

Balance Approx - £8645

Default Amount - £10400

DMP (Payplan) £25.09 monthly Stopped Paying

Sold to London Scottish Finance Ltd

21/01/13- SAR and CCA request sent

24/01/13 -Section 77/78 request returned, signature required.

04/02/13 - SAR request returned again. Will let me collect from local branch

10/02/13 - letter sent comfirming address of my local branch to collect SAR

19/02/13 - SAR request - letter stating they are in process of requesting information. Will send information by 26 March 2013

05/03/13 - Just realised wrong account typed in original letter. Will Send in another asap for CCA and SAR request

07/03/13 - Reduced payment £1

11/03/13 - Received a reconstituted CCA from HBOS to comply with S78. Will send me original later on. Will pass onto Niddy .

27/03/13 - Recieved Original CCA from Intell finance sent to Niddy for examination

13/05/13 - Sent off missing P&T's

17/05/13 - Letter from RobbingScum - Withg effect from 8th May your account will no longer be managed by Horwich Farrelly. All future correspondence sent to you will now be directly from Robinson Way Ltd

22/05/13 - Letter sent from robinson scum. "We agreed and affordable payment with your money advisor, but have not received the agreed repayments.

10/07/13 - As We have been unable to contact you via any other way, we may now arrange for a doorstep Collection agent to call at your address to agree an affordable payment plan for you. to avoid the matter being escalated to next stage of collection please contact our office.
                                Hey Guys,
                                Just wanted to ask your advice if its worth sending a doorstep template to warn Robbo Scum off. Or shall i leave? Dont want these idiots coming around and scaring family.

Adinuff

Comment

Working...
                                X