GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Adinuff's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adinuff's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adinuff's UE Diary

Originally posted by Adinuff View Post
    What can they do if i reduce payments to £1?

Adinuff
    Take it or leave it really, although the OFT guidelines say they cannot refuse any payment. That's why I suggested a standing order - so they will have started taking the £1 before they can even think about it.

Ultimately they may have other courses of action but you can either deal with them at the time or pay them more money if you feel it is necessary. If you receive any threats post them on here for better advice than I can give (that's what I would do).

Expect a bit of huff and puff from them but you can only pay what you can afford, the law expects no more than that.

Comment

They have just sent a letter stating that they could not find anything on the search under my wifes details. Have checked that i sent the correct account number, which i had.

Adniuff
      I assume they actually said 'cannot find' rather than 'do not have' or 'have misfiled'.

If you know there is stuff there you can make a complaint to their Data Control Officer, the Information Commissioner's Office or their Chief Executive (or all three).

Funny how they cannot find stuff that may help your position, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Do They Mean Me? View Post
        I assume they actually said 'cannot find' rather than 'do not have' or 'have misfiled'.

If you know there is stuff there you can make a complaint to their Data Control Officer, the Information Commissioner's Office or their Chief Executive (or all three).

Funny how they cannot find stuff that may help your position, isn't it?
        exact quote is "We can't locate the information youve asked for"

Adinuff

Comment

exact quote is "We can't locate the information youve asked for"

Adinuff
          They should be asking you for more info to find it, not just giving up.

In any case, I would be complaining to everyone in sight - heading my letters to the lender 'FORMAL COMPLAINT', because they must respond to a formal complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Do They Mean Me? View Post
            They should be asking you for more info to find it, not just giving up.

In any case, I would be complaining to everyone in sight - heading my letters to the lender 'FORMAL COMPLAINT', because they must respond to a formal complaint.
            shame the templates is down till weekend. Im in the letter writing mode now

Comment

shame the templates is down till weekend. Im in the letter writing mode now
              Brings you a few more days nearer to SB with your others though, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                To be honest, you wont win the signature argument with RBS, i never did.

Anti Tamper Strip was the way to go for me, finally admitted no CCA.
                Hi SX,

Do you have a copy of the tamper proof sig strip that you can post on here for adin to copy

Comment

Morning guys,
                  just recieved letter back as stated above. Shall i send letter of dispute?

Adinuff
                  Hi Adinuff,

They have no choice but to respond. Letter of dispute is not the one to send.

You need to write back to them along the following lined.

Dear sirs,

Further to my recent SAR, I am bemused to hear that you are unable to comply. You will be aware that under the Data Protection Act, as Data Controller in this instance, you are bound by law to respond to my legal request.

Please confirm by return that you will comply fully with my SAR, alternatively confirm that you hold no data on me. If the latter is the case, please return my statutory fee of £10.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                    Hi Adinuff,

They have no choice but to respond. Letter of dispute is not the one to send.

You need to write back to them along the following lined.

Dear sirs,

Further to my recent SAR, I am bemused to hear that you are unable to comply. You will be aware that under the Data Protection Act, as Data Controller in this instance, you are bound by law to respond to my legal request.

Please confirm by return that you will comply fully with my SAR, alternatively confirm that you hold no data on me. If the latter is the case, please return my statutory fee of £10.
                    Hi Vint,
                    Thanks for that. Will draft a letter up along them lines. So if they cant find anything under the SAR the CCA is unobtainable as well?

Adinff

Comment

hi Guys,
                      Niddy confirmed my previous thoughts as the CCA is enforceable. I nee some advice can i reduce payments to the enforceable CCA creditors to a £1 token paymentsand stop making payments to the unenforceable ones? Payments is due out very soon. Would like to make this call asap.

Adinuff
                      The decision is up to you really.

You can try and blag the enforceable one, if you cannot meet the repayments, or try £1 per month.

If you want to go down the UE route, then there is little point in continuing with payments.

Comment

The decision is up to you really.

You can try and blag the enforceable one, if you cannot meet the repayments, or try £1 per month.

If you want to go down the UE route, then there is little point in continuing with payments.
                        have Stopped payments anyhow, after receiving there letter today. I presume they haven't got the CCA. Which department and regulatory body should i complain too?

Comment

Hi Vint,
                          Thanks for that. Will draft a letter up along them lines. So if they cant find anything under the SAR the CCA is unobtainable as well?

Adinff
                          That would follow Adinuff.

A failed SAR is not a reason for dispute though.

Have you sent a CCA off and have they responded?

Comment

That would follow Adinuff.

A failed SAR is not a reason for dispute though.

Have you sent a CCA off and have they responded?
                            yes CCA sent they keep sending me in circles about it. saying they need a signed document. even though i said i would collect from local branch showing ID. 3 times they have sent me form to sign

Comment

yes CCA sent they keep sending me in circles about it. saying they need a signed document. even though i said i would collect from local branch showing ID. 3 times they have sent me form to sign
                              Just wait until you can access an anti tamper strip, then sign and send.

Regarding complaints, just wait until they respond to your letter before going too much further.

Comment

Is this what your looking for vint?

Last edited by IF; 10 March 2013, 09:23.
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X