GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SarahSarah Diary: UE and negotiating settlements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SarahSarah Diary: UE and negotiating settlements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Of Scotland then Lloyds TSB
    • Credit card
    • Approx 2001
    • £6k
    • Last full payment approx Oct 2007. Negotiated installment paid up to date.
    • Arrangement via a DMC
    • Defaulted. Now dropped off credit file.
    • PRA Group

I requested the CCA and this debt was deemed UE by PRA Group. A few months later, I received a signed credit agreement. Not sure if that now makes this enforceable??

update June 18: Niddy has seen the signed agreement and says that this one is enforceable. I’ll try and settle it, any experience with PRA Group anyone??
    Update 30 June 18: Cancelled DMP. Payments no longer being made to this account.
    July 18: Sent SAR to BOS.
    July 18: The calls have started, recording telling me PRA Group are trying to get in touch.
    early August: Changed my mobile number.
    early Sept: Letter from PRA saying that if I don’t call to set up a payment plan, they may pursue me via the county court. Gave me 14 days to respond, which I haven’t.
    October 18: I have now received a Letter Before Claim from PRA Group. It includes the box A-G form and and Income & Expenditure form. I have already sent a CCA to PRA and Niddy believes the agreement to be enforceable. Not sure what my next move should be? Particularly interested in what you have to say Di as I know you know PRA well.
    November 18: Di Mayhew has looked at the credit agreement they returned to me and has pointed out a few things that may make it unenforceable. I've responded to PRA with the completed form, ticking box D disputing that I owe the debt. Let's see what they come back with.
    Feb 19: PRA sent an agreement which looks to be reconstituted
    March 19: Letter from PRA advising they will continue to take this matter to court and issue proceedings in accordance with the Pre Action Protocol within the next 15 days. Diana Mayhew I have sent you copies of both of these letters (Feb & March).
    Sept 19: PRA have sent another Letter Before Claim. I have responded saying that I returned their form in October 2018 and my position remains unchanged - I do not intend to return the form again, please do not send further letters.
    Sept 19: PRA emailed me (for the first time in a long time to thank me for my complaint, they have started a formal investigation into my concerns. I didn't actually send my letter to a complaints department but I did say I would not hesitate to deal with any "further harrassment".

Comment

• Halifax
      • Credit card
      • Approx 2002
      • £1,100
      • Arrangement via a DMC
      • Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

I requested the CCA and this debt is currently considered UE by Cabot. Last settlement offer from them was £700.

Update June 18: Cancelled DMP. Payments no longer being made to this account.
      July 18: Sent SAR to BOS (nee Halifax).
      July 18: First letter from Cabot after cancelling DMP. Suggesting Step Change. Saying account now on hold for 14 days.
      early Aug 18: received a response to SAR asking to sign my original letter. I have signed with a signature different to the one I used in 2002.
      September 18: Received a statement of account showing 3 months with zero paid.
      May 19: Letter from Cabot saying they have failed to make contact so will instruct "a company called Moorcroft to try to arrange a visit at your home to that they can put you back in touch with us". They go on to say they would rather speak to me within the next 7 days "or you'll receive a visit from Moorcroft".
      Jul 19: Letter from Moorcroft saying they may pay me a visit if I don't call to arrange payment. The standard letter.
      Aug 19: Letter from Moorcroft saying they will pay me a visit on a specific date. I have sent the harassment / doorstop template letter.
      Sept 19: Response from Moorcroft saying they have passed my letter on to their client as liability lies with them. they will not make contact regarding collection of the balance whilst the issue is being investigated.

Comment

• Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post
        • Credit card
        • Approx 2001
        • £6k
        • Arrangement via a DMC
        • PRA Group

I requested the CCA and this debt was deemed UE by PRA Group. A few months later, I received a signed credit agreement. Not sure if that now makes this enforceable??

update June 18: Niddy has seen the signed agreement and says that this one is enforceable. I’ll try and settle it, any experience with PRA Group anyone??
        Update 30 June 18: Cancelled DMP. Payments no longer being made to this account.
        July 18: The calls have started, recording telling me PRA Group are trying to get in touch.
        early Sept: Letter from PRA saying that if I don’t call to set up a payment plan, they may pursue me via the county court. Gave me 14 days to respond, which I haven’t.
        October 18: I have now received a Letter Before Claim from PRA Group. It includes the box A-G form and and Income & Expenditure form. I have already sent a CCA to PRA and Niddy believes the agreement to be enforceable. Not sure what my next move should be? Particularly interested in what you have to say Di as I know you know PRA well.
        November 18: Di Mayhew has looked at the credit agreement they returned to me and has pointed out a few things that may make it unenforceable. I've responded to PRA with the completed form, ticking box D disputing that I owe the debt. Let's see what they come back with.
        March 19: Letter from PRA advising they will continue to take this matter to court and issue proceedings in accordance with the Pre Action Protocol within the next 15 days. Diana Mayhew I have sent you copies of both of these letters (Feb & March).
        Sept 19: PRA have sent another Letter Before Claim. I have responded saying that I returned their form in October 2018 and my position remains unchanged - I do not intend to return the form again, please do not send further letters.
        Sept 19: PRA emailed me (for the first time in a long time to thank me for my complaint, they have started a formal investigation into my concerns. I didn't actually send my letter to a complaints department but I did say I would not hesitate to deal with any "further harrassment".

Your previous post about this debt didn't mention your allegation of "harassment" in your reply to their Letter of Claim. Maybe that was not a wise move?

Once you did that (expressed your dissatisfaction) PRA would have to deal with your complaint under FCA rules.

This may mean they will take an in-depth look at your account.

Hopefully they won't rectify any flaws.

It's always a good idea to ask on the forum before responding to a Letter of Claim. I'm always happy to help - ideally in advance of any reply

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Your previous post about this debt didn't mention your allegation of "harassment" in your reply to their Letter of Claim. Maybe that was not a wise move?

Once you did that (expressed your dissatisfaction) PRA would have to deal with your complaint under FCA rules.

This may mean they will take an in-depth look at your account.

Hopefully they won't rectify any flaws.

It's always a good idea to ask on the forum before responding to a Letter of Claim. I'm always happy to help - ideally in advance of any reply

Di
          Hmm, I won't post the exact wording here, as they are likely reading, but it was a very simple "I already replied, my position is the same "I will deal with any further harrassment accordingly"". Probably shouldn't have used that word, but also maybe this will bring the whole thing to a head. It is what it is, let's see...

Comment

• Royal Bank of Scotland
            • Loan
            • Jan 2007
            • £17K
            • Last full payment approx Oct 2007. Negotiated installment paid up to June 18.
            • Arrangement via a DMC
            • Delinquent
            • AIC then Zinc Group Ltd then Moorcroft

I requested the CCA and received a "True Copy", no signed photocopy.

update 25th June: Niddy reckons this one is unenforceable, no signed agreement. They say in their letter they are only obliged to send a true copy - is there a template I can use to ask again? I may fall into an actual faint if this whoppa is UE!

Update 27th June: reckons this one is UE as there is no signed agreement. Is the "Missing prescribed terms" template appropriate here? I'm confused as they refer in their letter to the doc they sent being a "True Copy" and the template asks for a true copy. Pic of letter attached along with a response from RBS saying that AIC will be collecting the debt "on their behalf". Is this a nice way of saying they have sold the debt and no longer have anything to do with it?
            Diana Mayhew

Update 30th June 18: Changed from Defaulted to Active. I had this wrong previously, apologies. Thought it had defaulted with all the others.
            July 18: Sent SAR to RBOS.
            July 18: Letter from AIC asking to call to arrange payment as DM cancelled.
            Sept 18: Letter from RBS saying that they have been unable to reach an agreement with me so the account has been passed to Allied International to act as collection agent. Confusing as it's been with Allied for years. On my credit file, this account was delinquent for years, then randomly changed to payments up to date for a few months then went into delinquency again. Is there any detrimental effect (any worse than 72+ months of delinquency!) to this bizarre scoring?
            Feb 19: Letter from RBS saying their previous collection agency has failed to agree a management plan with me so it has now been passed to a new collection agent - Zinc Group Ltd.
            March 19: Zinc sent a welcome letter.
            April 19: Zinc Credit Management wrote to say they will have not choice but to consider legal proceedings if they don't hear from me.
            July 19: RBS wrote to say they have now passed the debt on to Moorcroft.
            Aug: 19: Intro letter and follow up "we haven't heard from you" letters from Moorcroft. Filed.
            Sept 19: Monthly Instalment Offer letter from Moorcroft. Threatening to "recommence collection activity" if no response within 7 days.
            Sept 19: Letter from Moorcroft saying they may pay me a visit if I don't call to arrange payment. The standard letter.
            Last edited by SarahSarah; 26 October 2019, 13:55.

Comment

• they never visit, might get a call from Resolvecall - you would not engage in any conversation with them and close the door. many a time it is just threats. Moorcroft are only commission agents hoping to get paid for collection not buyers
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Credit card
                • Approx 2001
                • £6k
                • Arrangement via a DMC
                • PRA Group

Oct 19: It's here, PRA have issued a court claim and I have received the form to fill in. Sending to Di at Joanna Connolly Solicitors.
                Last edited by SarahSarah; 26 October 2019, 13:54.

Comment

• ?????
                  • Royal Bank of Scotland
                  • Loan
                  • Jan 2007
                  • £17K
                  • Arrangement via a DMC
                  • Delinquent

update 25th June: Niddy reckons this one is unenforceable, no signed agreement. They say in their letter they are only obliged to send a true copy - is there a template I can use to ask again? I may fall into an actual faint if this whoppa is UE!

Update 27th June: reckons this one is UE as there is no signed agreement. Is the "Missing prescribed terms" template appropriate here? I'm confused as they refer in their letter to the doc they sent being a "True Copy" and the template asks for a true copy. Pic of letter attached along with a response from RBS saying that AIC will be collecting the debt "on their behalf". Is this a nice way of saying they have sold the debt and no longer have anything to do with it?
                  Diana Mayhew

Update 30th June 18: Changed from Defaulted to Active. I had this wrong previously, apologies. Thought it had defaulted with all the others.
                  Sept 18: Letter from RBS saying that they have been unable to reach an agreement with me so the account has been passed to Allied International to act as collection agent. Confusing as it's been with Allied for years. On my credit file, this account was delinquent for years, then randomly changed to payments up to date for a few months then went into delinquency again. Is there any detrimental effect (any worse than 72+ months of delinquency!) to this bizarre scoring?
                  Feb 19: Letter from RBS saying their previous collection agency has failed to agree a management plan with me so it has now been passed to a new collection agent - Zinc Group Ltd.
                  April 19: Zinc Credit Management wrote to say they will have not choice but to consider legal proceedings if they don't hear from me.
                  Aug: 19: Intro letter and follow up "we haven't heard from you" letters from Moorcroft. Filed.
                  Sept 19: Monthly Instalment Offer letter from Moorcroft. Threatening to "recommence collection activity" if no response within 7 days.
                  Sept 19: Letter from Moorcroft saying they may pay me a visit if I don't call to arrange payment. The standard letter.
                  Sept 19: Sent the do not visit letter.
                  Oct 19: Moorcroft have sent a letter saying thank you for confirming you will only communicate in writing, please fill in the attached expenditure form.

I'm nervous and a little confused about this debt. It is still owned by RBS so I don't know whether to try again to settle it, though previous attempts (3/4 years ago with AIC) failed. It is however the only one still on my credit file and therefore stopping me from moving on (i.e. potentially getting a mortgage).

Does anyone have any advice/ experience of settling with Moorcroft/ RBS and is it even worth it as the damage to your credit score is already done. My thinking is the quicker it is dealt with, the better...?

Comment

• Credit card
                    • Approx 2001
                    • £6k
                    • Arrangement via a DMC
                    • PRA Group

. . . . . November 18: Di Mayhew has looked at the credit agreement they returned to me and has pointed out a few things that may make it unenforceable. I've responded to PRA with the completed form, ticking box D disputing that I owe the debt. Let's see what they come back with.
                    Oct 19: It's here, PRA have issued a court claim and I have received the form to fill in. Sending to Di at Joanna Connolly Solicitors.

This comes as no surprise but nevertheless unsettling for you.

PRA were intent on issuing a claim come hell or high water.

I'll respond to your email so try not to worry in the meantime, and definitely don't let this spoil your weekend

Di

Comment

• we have a Credit card debt with RBS, it has been SB for the last couple of years, not paid it since 2011. they still send a monthly statement, asking for the arrears, but don't add any intrest,

we just let it continue.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

?????
                        • Royal Bank of Scotland
                        • Loan
                        • Jan 2007
                        • £17K
                        • Arrangement via a DMC
                        • Delinquent

. . . . Oct 19: Moorcroft have sent a letter saying thank you for confirming you will only communicate in writing, please fill in the attached expenditure form. [/COLOR]

I'm nervous and a little confused about this debt. It is still owned by RBS so I don't know whether to try again to settle it, though previous attempts (3/4 years ago with AIC) failed. It is however the only one still on my credit file and therefore stopping me from moving on (i.e. potentially getting a mortgage).

Does anyone have any advice/ experience of settling with Moorcroft/ RBS and is it even worth it as the damage to your credit score is already done. My thinking is the quicker it is dealt with, the better...?

You've been told the credit agreement is unenforceable

Maybe Moorcroft's letter is one last throw of the dice?

They may return collection of the account to their client if you don't complete the I & E (which you don't have to do!). Perhaps they're fishing for information on your financial situation to gauge whether it's worth writing any more letters to you.

See what happens next.

Di

Comment

?????
                          • Royal Bank of Scotland
                          • Loan
                          • Jan 2007
                          • £17K
                          • Arrangement via a DMC
                          • Delinquent

Diana Mayhew

Oct 19: Moorcroft have sent a letter saying thank you for confirming you will only communicate in writing, please fill in the attached expenditure form.
                          So, anyone care to advise on my Experian situation regarding this debt? Any similar experiences?

I was with a DMP for 10 years, paying a minimal amount. Experian shows 6 years of history, almost every month detailed as "late payments". But then randomly, 4 months before I cancelled the DMP and stopped paying altogether, it showed 2 months of "good standing" then reverted back to late payments. They don't seem to use the term "default" anymore and I believe the 6 years starts when the account defaults?? All of my other debts have fallen off my credit report but this couple of months of "good standing" seem to have set the clock ticking again...?

Is there anything I can do about this?

My objective is to at some point get a mortgage. A mortgage advisor recently told me that this is currently the only thing standing in the way of that.

Comment

?????
                            • Royal Bank of Scotland
                            • Loan
                            • Jan 2007
                            • £17K
                            • Arrangement via a DMC
                            • Delinquent

Diana Mayhew

So, anyone care to advise on my Experian situation regarding this debt? Any similar experiences?

I was with a DMP for 10 years, paying a minimal amount. Experian shows 6 years of history, almost every month detailed as "late payments". But then randomly, 4 months before I cancelled the DMP and stopped paying altogether, it showed 2 months of "good standing" then reverted back to late payments. They don't seem to use the term "default" anymore and I believe the 6 years starts when the account defaults?? All of my other debts have fallen off my credit report but this couple of months of "good standing" seem to have set the clock ticking again...?

Is there anything I can/ should do about this?

My objective is to at some point get a mortgage. A mortgage advisor recently told me that this is currently the only thing standing in the way of that.
                            Last edited by SarahSarah; 9 November 2019, 11:45.

Comment

• Did you get the SAR you sent for? if so is there mention of a default being issued?

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                Did you get the SAR you sent for? if so is there mention of a default being issued?
                                Nope, never received a response on the SAR.

Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post
                                ?????
                                • Royal Bank of Scotland
                                • Loan
                                • Jan 2007
                                • £17K
                                • Arrangement via a DMC
                                • ?? (Was Delinquent, now unsure)

Nov 07: Joined a Debt Management Company who negotiated small repayments.
                                Oct 11: Experian credit report status is "6 payments late". Special Instruction indicator: "Arrangment".
                                Mar 12: "Formal Notice of intention to file a default and to take court action to recover the debt". DMC then spoke with RBS and told me I was fine for another year. No court action was taken. I don't know if the account was defaulted.
                                Oct 12: Letter from RBS "... you have failed to comply with the requirements set out in the recent Default Notice/ Termination Notice(s) served against you... We are terminating all banking facilities". I don't know if this means it was actually defaulted.
                                Nov 12: Letter from RBS saying account details have been passed to AIC (Allied International Credit (UK) Ltd) to act as collection agent.
                                Dec 12: Intro letter from AIC.
                                Mar 13: Letter from AIC - early settlement offer with no figure. I did call them but no settlement figure was within reach for me.
                                During this time I spoke with AIC a few times over the phone to try and get a settlement figure. No luck.
                                Feb 15: Wrote to RBS to see if there was a chance of settling, they wrote back saying thanks, please deal with AIC.
                                Jun 17: Wrote to AIC asking for CCA. They responded saying it's RBS responsibility, passed on to them.
                                Sept 17: Chased AIC for CCA, they say they are still awaiting a response from RBS.
                                Sept 17: Experian credit report lists this account as "over 6 late payments".
                                Oct 17: I requested the CCA and received a "True Copy", no signed photocopy.

Jan 18: Wrote to RBS offering settlement. No response.

Jun 18: FOUND AAD! Hallelujah!

June 18: Niddy reckons this one is unenforceable, no signed agreement. They say in their letter they are only obliged to send a true copy - is there a template I can use to ask again? I may fall into an actual faint if this whoppa is UE!

June18: Niddy reckons this one is UE as there is no signed agreement. Is the "Missing prescribed terms" template appropriate here? I'm confused as they refer in their letter to the doc they sent being a "True Copy" and the template asks for a true copy. Pic of letter attached along with a response from RBS saying that AIC will be collecting the debt "on their behalf". Is this a nice way of saying they have sold the debt and no longer have anything to do with it?
                                Diana Mayhew

UPDATE: I have just had a look through my paperwork and an intention to default was issued in March 2012. The DMC "spoke with" RBS and told me RBS would hold off for another 12 months. I then received a letter from RBS in October 2012 which said "... you have failed to comply with the requirements set out in the recetn Default Notice/ Termination Notice served on you" and they are "terminating all banking facilities". The account was then passed to AIC to collect on, although RBS continued to send statements.

I am unclear whether the account was actually defaulted at this time. I'm not sure how to go about finding this out and whether I should contact RBS. If it was defaulted in 2012, it should have dropped off my credit report right around the time the "good standing" activity appeared.

I found 2 old Experian reports, neither of which list the account as defaulted. Is it not defaulted once passed to a collection agent?

Perhaps I just contact Experian saying incorrect info has been reported??
                                Last edited by SarahSarah; 9 November 2019, 15:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X