GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blodwen's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blodwen's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crikey you’re going through it - two at once?! All the very best Blodwen. X

Comment

• You have got the best team backing you.All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blodwen View Post
        PRA have discontinued their claim against us and will not be taking it any further. This is thanks to the wonderful team at Connolly's - We can't thank you enough for helping us along the way and to Di for keeping me sane throughout all this with her wonderful humor. We are very happy indeed with the outcome

We were happy to be able to help and also very happy with the outcome

Di

Comment

• A little bit behind the pace.....As ever......But that is fantastic news Blowden

Well done to Jo' team and all at AAD who contributed - I do love hearing the good news stories here on AAD
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA
            • Credit Card - Formerly Virgin CC
            • Date Commenced February 2006
            • Approx Balance £4,000
            • Date Last Paid – Full Payment November 2011
            • Status – Default July 2012
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Date Last Paid via DMP August 2017
            • Account Owner – PRA Group UK
              7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Postal Order returned from PRA - account placed on hold until they retrieve further information. Noted and Filed.

11th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance. They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc.. Noted and Filed

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Statement of Account received from PRA. - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Could you Settle Your Account Letter from PRA Group. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter informing us PRA Group have purchased the outstanding balance from MBNA Ltd - Very confused at this stage as all paperwork previously stated that PRA group owned the debt!

December 2018 - LBC Letter received from PRA group - we have 30 days to respond.

December 2018 - LBC forms completed and returned to PRA. Copies filed.

January 2019 - Letter received from PRA informing us our account has been placed on hold for 30 days to enable them to provide us with a full response.- Noted and Filed.

February 2019 - Letter from PRA inclusive of Reconstituted copy of the agreement with MBNA and copies of statements but only a years worth. They mentioned in their letter that they already provided us with this information between two certain dates, however we didn't receive this information. They have placed our account on hold for 30 days. Noted and Filed and seeking advice.

February 2019 - Reconstituted documents have been checked by Niddy and he has deemed them enforceable. - contemplating my next step.

February 2019 - SAR letter sent to MBNA via signed for service. Copy letter filed.

March 2019 - Continuation of Legal Process letter received from PRA. Noted and Filed and Advice Sought.

March 2019 - SAR received from MBNA - Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - PRA issued Claim - Seeking Advice

April 2019 - Instructed Joanna Connolly's Firm to act on our behalf with regards to PRA issuing claim against us.
            Last edited by Blodwen; 4 June 2019, 17:19.

Comment

MBNA
              • Credit Card - Formerly Virgin CC
              • Date Commenced February 2006
              • Approx Balance £4,000
              • Status – Default July 2012
              • Account Owner – PRA Group UK

7th August 2017 – CCA sent to PRA recorded delivery with Postal Order.

August 2017 - Postal Order returned from PRA - account placed on hold until they retrieve further information. Noted and Filed.

11th September 2017 – Letter from PRA including some documentation, which according to their letter states this is currently unenforceable and they are awaiting further documentation in order to complete the CCA request. They have acknowledged at this moment in time they are unable to take court or further enforcement action against us to recover the outstanding balance. They have informed us they are still legally entitled to request their funds etc etc.. Noted and Filed

26th October 2017 – No Further contact has been from PRA and my payment to them has ceased.

February 2018 - Statement of Account received from PRA. - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Could you Settle Your Account Letter from PRA Group. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter informing us PRA Group have purchased the outstanding balance from MBNA Ltd - Very confused at this stage as all paperwork previously stated that PRA group owned the debt!

December 2018 - LBC Letter received from PRA group - we have 30 days to respond.

December 2018 - LBC forms completed and returned to PRA. Copies filed.

January 2019 - Letter received from PRA informing us our account has been placed on hold for 30 days to enable them to provide us with a full response.- Noted and Filed.

February 2019 - Letter from PRA inclusive of Reconstituted copy of the agreement with MBNA and copies of statements but only a years worth. They mentioned in their letter that they already provided us with this information between two certain dates, however we didn't receive this information. They have placed our account on hold for 30 days. Noted and Filed and seeking advice.

February 2019 - Reconstituted documents have been checked by Niddy and he has deemed them enforceable. - contemplating my next step.

February 2019 - SAR letter sent to MBNA via signed for service. Copy letter filed.

March 2019 - Continuation of Legal Process letter received from PRA. Noted and Filed and Advice Sought.

March 2019 - SAR received from MBNA - Noted and Filed.

April 2019 - PRA issued Claim - Seeking Advice

April 2019 - Instructed Joanna Connolly's Firm to act on our behalf with regards to PRA issuing claim against us.

June 2019 - Fantastic news from Joanna Connolly's team - PRA have discontinued with their claim against us.
              Simply just had to pop back on here and be the bearer of some more good news - PRA have discontinued their claim against us. Joanna's team have done another amazing job acting on our behalf again. I am so thankful to have them on our side.

Comment

• That is such good news......2nd PRA claim discontinued.........Something tells me that PRA are not too keen on Joanna Connolly's team defending their claims.....oh well

Well done to all involved - Another amazing result
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• That’s great news, well done to Joanna Connolly and all her team.

Comment

Simply just had to pop back on here and be the bearer of some more good news - PRA have discontinued their claim against us. Joanna's team have done another amazing job acting on our behalf again. I am so thankful to have them on our side.

We were happy to help.

This must be especially pleasing for you since the credit agreement was initially deemed to be enforceable in February At the time you posted that you were "contemplating my next step". You might have even made an offer to pay!

You can now put this behind you and move on with your life.

Di

Comment

• Well done Blodwen, fantastic news. It shows the little man can take these Sharks on, and with a great team at Connolly's, beat them into submission. With your two and my three, I make that a huge 5 nil to us. Happy days

Saint X

Comment

Tesco Bank
                        • Credit Card
                        • Date Commenced – October 2006
                        • Approx Balance - £1,700
                        • Status – Default November 2014
                        • Account Owner – Tesco Bank
                        7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Tesco recorded delivery with Postal Order.

26th October 2017 – No Acknowledgement to our CCA request – no contact from Tesco whatsoever as yet. Payments have ceased for now.

January 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are now passing the debt onto debt collection agency - Allied International (UK) Ltd and they will attempt to contact us.

June 2018 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are transferring our account to Wescot and they will contact us to arrange a payment plan.
                        Noted and filed at this stage.

June 2018 - Letter from Wescot informing us they are working on behalf of Tesco and they have requested we contact them to discuss the outstanding balance on the account. Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - Letter from wescot requesting we contact them to arrange payment or they will continue to contact us via letter/phone calls. - Noted and Filed.

July 2018 - "Reduced Settlement Offer" letter received from Wescot - Noted and Filed.

August 2018 - Letter from Wescot requesting we contact them to arrange payment, informing us once this is done they will no longer write to us, telephone or text message us!! - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter from Tesco Bank informing us that Fredrickson International Limited are now acting on their behalf. Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - First letter from Fredrickson requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - Letter from Fredrickson outline payment options open to us - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - "Discount Offer" Letter received from Fredrickson. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - An abundance of telephone calls have been received from Fredrickson on both land line and mobile phone. None responded to.

August 2019 - Letter from Tesco informing us they are transferring our account to Lowell Portfolio l Limited. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - First correspondence from Lowell Portfolio l Limited. Requesting we contact them today to discuss account. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - 2nd correspondence this month from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - Informing us our account is overdue and offering payment options. - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - Letter from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - Informing us they are assessing our account for legal action. - Noted and Filed.

October 2019 - 2nd correspondence this month from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - this one informing us they "May" take legal action to recover debt if we do not contact them - Letter headed "Pre Legal Assessment" - Noted and Filed.

November 2019 - A second "Pre Legal Assessment" letter receive from Lowell Portfolio l Limited - informing us they "May" take legal action. - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - "Annual Statement of Account" letter receive from Lowell Financial Ltd - (this is the first annual statement we have received since this diary thread has been compiled) - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter received from Lowell Financial Ltd - informing us the account has been sent to their solicitors "Lowell Solicitors Limited" who will contact us with regards to payment. Also enclosed within the same envelope was a "Notice of Acting" letter from Lowell Solicitors! I we fail to contact them to arrange payment then they "Will" initiate legal proceedings against us. - Note, filed and Advice Taken.

Hello to you all and a very Happy New Year Hope your all doing well!

Since my last posting on here (I do Lurk lol) things have been ticking over as normal with the letters and phone calls still coming in every week. As you can see from this diary thread Tesco have sold the alleged debt onto Lowell Portfolio l Limited - this was back in August 2019. Fast forward a handful of letters off Lowell Portfolio l Limited we are now in a position where they are threatening to initiate court proceedings. Their wording was "Will Initiate Legal Proceedings" I'm envisaging this will be their next step.

Please can I ask the advice off you lovely lot and also @DianaMayhew if she is reading this on what should be our next step? Is this now time to send a SAR to Tesco? Tesco hasn't responded to our initial CCA request. If a SAR request is sent to Tesco just making sure that it is NOT copied to Lowell Solicitors too -correct?

Does anybody have any experience of dealings with Lowell Solicitors? Thank you
                        Last edited by Blodwen; 27 January 2020, 15:20.

Comment

Does anybody have any experience of dealings with Lowell Solicitors?

Yes

Tesco never complied with your s77-79 CCA Request sent in August 2017 did they?

You say you sent it Recorded Delivery, but no acknowledgement or response was ever received - hopefully you've kept a copy of your request and proof of delivery from the Track and Trace facility on Royal Mail's website.

Send Tesco a SAR to see what data they hold on you - they won't, or at least shouldn't, inform Lowell.

If Lowell Solicitors intend to issue legal proceedings then under Pre Action Protocol they must send you a formal Letter of Claim giving you 30 days to respond before they do.

Di

Comment

• Hi Di - Fabulous thank You

No - Tesco didn't respond to my s77-79 CCA request in August 2017. I do have copies of my letter and also kept the tracking information numbers. However when I made a follow up check with this particular one it looked as though it hadn't been signed for. To double check again I have dropped RM a line to see if they can locate it on their system!

I will SAR Tesco tomorrow and get the ball rolling with it ready for when Lowell strike as no doubt they will having had a look through threads on here today!!

Thanks Again

Comment

Lloyds Bank (Was Lloyds TSB)
                              • Credit Card
                              • Date Commenced - January 2002 (However we feel this date is incorrect as I am pretty sure this was initially taken out in 1987/88 when it was TSB)
                              • Approx Balance - £12,000
                              • Status - Default March 2012
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Date last paid via DMP August 2017
                              • Account Owner – Moorcroft
                              7th August 2017 – CCA sent to Moorcroft recorded delivery with Postal Order.

23rd August 2017 – Letter from Lloyds with a photocopy of our original CCA request to Moorcroft attached – Lloyds requested we provide them with a 16 digit account number as further validity of our account as they unable to find our details.

31st August 2017 – We replied to this request informing them of the required information. Was this a daft thing to do??

23rd October 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft stating – despite numerous attempts to contact you, payment has still not been received as per the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is in arrears. Requested we contact one of their representatives to arrange payment, if payment is not made with us you may leave us with no alternative but to recommence collection activity, such as further letters and calls.

No Payment has been made since August when we put our DMP on hold. We have yet to receive any information with regards to our CCA request since we provided Lloyds with our account details on 23rd August 2017.

November 2017 - Statement of Account received from Lloyds - Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting we contact them to arrange payment, failing to do so will result in further action being taken against us without further notice.- Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - A second letter from Moorcroft arrived - Headed .......Possible Further Action and requesting we make payment within the next 7 days. - Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - Monthly Instalment Offer letter received. - Noted and Filed.

December 2017 - Following the two previous letters we have now received one from Lloyds informing us they have transferred our account to Westcot who have been instructed to collect the outstanding balance. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Letter from Wescot Informing us of Lloyds Instruction to them to make contact with us with regards to the outstanding balance. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Important Reminder received from Westcot to telephone them to speak to one of their specialist agents. Noted and Filed.

January 2018 - Another letter from Wescot this month informing us they have conducted further checks on us to ensure they have or correct address and they have requested we contact them immediately to take control of this issue. Filed away at this stage as no CCA request received.

January 2018 - Letter informing us Lloyds Bank wish to offer us a significant discount - call them to discuss further. Filed away.

February 2018 - "An Opportunity to take control of this outstanding balance in a way to suit you" letter received from Westcot. - Filed away.

February 2018 - Letter from 2F requesting we confirm our residency and requesting we contact them directly to resolve the issue - We will not respond to this and File away.

March 2018 - Important Message Slip received by post from 2F requesting we call them. This slip resembles a wage slip which included a contact name and telephone number for us to call. Noted and Filed.

April 2018 - Letter from Lloyds Bank informing us they are appointing CSL to arrange collections - Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - Letter from CSL informing us they have been instructed to act on behalf of Lloyds Bank - Noted and Filed.

May 2018 - "Notice of Further Action" letter received. We have still yet to receive a response to our CCA request back in August 2017. Noted and Filed.

June 2018 - Letter from CSL offering us a "Limited Time Offer" Payment will be accepted as partial settlement and we will not be pursued for the balance. They go on to say that any default registered on our credit file will be updated to "partially satisfied" and the account balance will be shown as zero. They don't actually give a figure of what the offer will be as it will be subject to an affordability check. Noted and filed at this stage.

July 2018 - "Final Notice" letter received from CSL - If they do not hear back of us within 10 days of receiving this letter they will return our account to the original creditor who will take further action. Noted and Filed.

September 2018 - Letter received from Lloyd Bank "Up to date statement" - Noted and Filed.

October 2018 - Letter from Lloyds Bank informing us they have instructed Robinson Way Limited and request we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

November 2018 - First letter from Robinson Way offering a settlement and requesting we contact them to arrange payment. - Noted and Filed.

September 2019 - Letter from Lloyds Bank "Helping you keep on track up-to-date statement" - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Intrum - 1st Correspondence from them. Informing us Intrum UK Finance Limited has become the new owners of the alleged debt. No correspondence from Lloyds informing us of the change. - Noted and Filed.

December 2019 - Letter from Intrum - "Get in touch in the next 10 days" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Intrum - "We may take legal action if you don't get in touch" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 -Letter from Intrum - "Tell us what you can Afford" - Noted and Filed.

January 2020 - Letter from Intrum - "We're thinking of making you Bankrupt" - Noted and Filed.
                              Good Afternoon - well the letters from Intrum have been flowing in since they took over the account! Their latest one informing us their thinking of making us "Bankrupt" their letter goes onto telling us how it will affect us with our home etc etc etc - please tell me they can't do this!!! I'm thinking not but would love some reassurance from you lovely lot as when letters like this fall on the mat my mind does tend to work in overdrive!!

Comment

Hello to you all and a very Happy New Year Hope your all doing well!

Since my last posting on here (I do Lurk lol) things have been ticking over as normal with the letters and phone calls still coming in every week. As you can see from this diary thread Tesco have sold the alleged debt onto Lowell Portfolio l Limited - this was back in August 2019. Fast forward a handful of letters off Lowell Portfolio l Limited we are now in a position where they are threatening to initiate court proceedings. Their wording was "Will Initiate Legal Proceedings" I'm envisaging this will be their next step.

Please can I ask the advice off you lovely lot and also @DianaMayhew if she is reading this on what should be our next step? Is this now time to send a SAR to Tesco? Tesco hasn't responded to our initial CCA request. If a SAR request is sent to Tesco just making sure that it is NOT copied to Lowell Solicitors too -correct?

Does anybody have any experience of dealings with Lowell Solicitors? Thank you
                                I am currently in the same position as yourself. Lowell’s solicitors have issued an LBC for three of my accounts and one for an account in my wife’s name. For some reason they have put all 3 unconnected debts on one LBC! Not sure whether this is the correct protocol or not. As yourself I have Di and the team on the case. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X