GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script spent2much UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spent2much UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: spent2much UE diary

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    Type of account (overdraft)husband's

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£525)

Date last paid (22 June 2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying)

Status (default/cca being sent )

Account owner (HBOS) think it was originally with Loydstsb
    9/7/12 cca request
    28/9/12 account passed to BLS 3/8/12
    received today 26/10/2012

Repayment Plan Arrears £***

We are contacting you about the above account as the repayment plan you agreed is still overdue.

We have previously reminded you about the money you owe and you must pay the amount outstanding straight away. You can do this by calling the number above .
    If you do not pay the outstanding amount to bring your account back on track withing 10 days from the date of this letter your account will fall further into arrears, This could result in your repayment plan being cancelled and the full balance of £*** will be due.

If you are exprincing financial difficulties we would suggest you contact a Debt Management Company company such as CAB or cccs . They are fee organisations who will assist you by offering independant advice on your situation.
    14/11/12 payment reminder

13/12/12
    from BLS

Please find enclosed a statement of account as requested.

Should you require any further assistance please telephone us.

14/12/12
    from BLS it is essential that you contact us TODAY

24/12/12 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to . drydensfairfax solicitors, We've instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

31/12/12 drysdensfairfax solicitors

Our client Halifax a division of bank of scotland plc

We are solicitors instructed by our client , Halifax to obtain immediate repayment of amount due of £525.20 or to take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay.

You must make an immediate payment of £525.20 or telephone us today on 0133 823 3892 to agree a satisfactory solution to this matter. Payment methods are provided on reverse of this letter.

Please not that if payment is not received by 5th Jan 2013, we have authority to commence legal proceddings through the court. If this action becomes necessary, there will be costs incurred for which you may become liable.

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter. It is most important that you make payment or contact us as a matter of urgency .

28/01/13 from drysdenfairfax

Thank you for your letter dated 31st December 2012 and I not all your comments.

As a result of your letter, we have contacted our clent to clarify the current position and seek their further instructions. We will write to you, further, once they have respnded . I confirm that, in the meantime, the matter is on hold.

09/03/2013 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan, we've transferred your current account to Robinson way.

I now wait to hear from Robinson way and then send an account sold while in dispute reply

13/03/2013 from robbers way

Our client has authorised us to recover the full amount you owem shown above.

If you do not pay or agree a payment plan with us, we may advise our cleint to start court action ,

THREATS OF WHAT COURT MIGHT DO OUR CREDIT RATING BLAH LBAH BLAH.

12/03/2013 from Robinson Way

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

This is a notice about your unpaid account which is in our hands to collect.
    We are autorised to negotiate repayment of the account with you.

ACT NOW !
    Call us without delay to pay using your debit card , or pay online

TELL US
    Please tell us if you cannot pay in full-we will agree an affordable payment plan that you can keep up with .

TAKE NOTICE!
    If you fail to pay and neglect to deal with this account further action may be taken to recover the amount due.

WE CAN HELP ! Call if you need advice, we will listen and do our best to help .

I had an account sold while in dispute letter ready to post on the 19th March, but my family have been ill with a stomach bug I was looking after my grandson while his parents recovered then my son and husband had it so I forgot to post it , I am going to post it tomorrow .

04/04/13 from Robinson way

Thank you for your recent contact. Our client has advised us that your issue has been resolved and you remain fully liable for the balance outstanding.

In the absence of any alternative dispute, we are unable to defer payment on this account and we now require your proposals for payment within the next 14 days .

After this time collection activity will resume.

ignore ?
    update

Comment

I personally wouldn't ignore them because I would want to maintain a paper trail. I would send something like this -

"Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xxth April 2013. Note that I have received no correspondence whatsoever from either yourselves or your clients which even attempts to resolve the issues outlined in my letter of [date of A/C Sold Whilst In Dispute Letter], and that consequently my position remains unchanged.

I therefore refer you back to my previous letter, and also inform you that, as a commercial organisation, you are in no position to “require” anyone to comply with your entirely inappropriate suggestions. You would be better advised to take your responsibilities as the holder of a Consumer Credit License seriously, and address the issues which have been put before you.

Yours Faithfully,"

There is no need to spend extra money on recorded delivery for this one. If it was me, I would wait until the 14 days had elapsed, and then send it second class standard, but obtain a certificate of posting.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        I personally wouldn't ignore them because I would want to maintain a paper trail. I would send something like this -

"Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xxth April 2013. Note that I have received no correspondence whatsoever from either yourselves or your clients which even attempts to resolve the issues outlined in my letter of [date of A/C Sold Whilst In Dispute Letter], and that consequently my position remains unchanged.

I therefore refer you back to my previous letter, and also inform you that, as a commercial organisation, you are in no position to “require” anyone to comply with your entirely inappropriate suggestions. You would be better advised to take your responsibilities as the holder of a Consumer Credit License seriously, and address the issues which have been put before you.

Yours Faithfully,"

There is no need to spend extra money on recorded delivery for this one. If it was me, I would wait until the 14 days had elapsed, and then send it second class standard, but obtain a certificate of posting.

SH
        thank you , i think lloydstsb believe they have resolved it because they refunded charges to the account which has lowered the balance .

Comment

thank you , i think lloydstsb believe they have resolved it because they refunded charges to the account which has lowered the balance .
          I'm not sure whether they "believe" that, or just want to believe it.

What I do know is that letter from Robbingscum NoWay is a bog standard template which I've seen many times before. Once again, you are communicating with a dalek and not with human beings.

SH

Comment

Expect a letter from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors next S2M...they're RobWay's pet solicitor that they keep tied to the next desk
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Expect a letter from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors next S2M...they're RobWay's pet solicitor that they keep tied to the next desk
              ha ha love that :

Comment

Type of account (store card ) Argos
                mine
                Date commenced (2004)

Approx balance (£880)

Account owner (moorcroft)
                9/7/12 cca request
                13/7/12
                letter recieved today, all collection activity on this account has been put on hold and they will not seek to enforce payment of this debt until such time as the documentation has been supplied or i am advised otherwise .

I decided to scan the letter from Moorcroft to see if you all think this is the normal reply from them .

received 8/11/2012

8 pages of a reconstituted

It's just about Argos card and tells me about statements and financial and related details

example : 8 we will set the credit limit for your account and tell you what it is when we send you your Argos card.

shall i copy the first page and send it to Niddy to make sure ?

08/12/12
                Had another cca sent which is still just terms and conditions i have sent it to Niddy see what he says.

It's still unenforceable , shall i wait and see what they do next as they have already had a missing pt's letter ?

28/12/12 Moorcroft Home Collections Division.

Our records show that despite our previous letters to you, payment has still not been made on the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is now in arrears for the sum of £1.00

Our records also show that you are dealing with us via a third party (this would be payplan) If you are no longer dealing with them please contact our call centre.

As a result of the arrears on your account it has now been passed to our Home Collections division for possible action. If contact is not made with our offices as above, this may involve our local representative calling at your home address to discuss the account with you and to seek to establish how you propose to settle the balance outstanding.

We would emphasise that if no satisfactory agreement is made with us or our local representative you may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that they take debt rcovery action agaisnt you .

16/01/13 from Argos

Thank you for your letter dated 14 November 2012

Unfortunatley , we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement.
                We make no admissions regarding whether or not the agreement was actually signed by you and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in the Courts.

We do of course note that s61 (1) (a) consumer credit Act 1974 provides that an agreement is not properly executed , unless a document containing the prescribed terms is signed in the the prescribed manner by the debtor.

We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was sigend by you, it is unenforceable against you.

However, the agreement remains valid and we do expect you to continue with your payment.

then they refer to the case of McGuffick and the royal bank of scotland 2009

they say that if i choose to breach the terms of the agreement by failing to make the payments, they may have no option but to continue with their debt collection activities, and register a default .

14/02/2013 from direct legal collections

We have previously written to you advising that we are the legal owners of your debt.

We have now withdrawn your account from the Debt Collection Agency who were acting on our behalf and you now need to deal with us directly.

Please contact us with your proposals to pay the outstanding balance.
                Failure to respond to this letter will result in further action being taken to recover the outstanding balance.

15/03/2013 from MDB

I have been instructed by direct legal & collections an associated company of Mercantile Data Bureau Ltd, to contact you about the above unpaid debt. Your account has been transferred to me due to your continued failure to discharge your current liability. All future contact relating to your account should now be with me .

I would like to give you the opportunity to discuss your account with me before we undertake any action with your account. I will take into consideration your current financial circumstances and outline the many options available to hep resolve this matter.

I urge you to contact me today on 00000000000000 to conclude this matter as quickly possible

05/04/13 from MDB

SELLEMENT OFFER

I have identified your account as eligible for an ealry settlement figure.

If you pay £445.78 within 14 days, I will be able to write off the remaining £445.78.

Once payment has been received, I will arrange for the credit reference agencies tr credit file.
                This is a limited offer available for 14 day.

update , ignore ?

Comment

In other words, "I know we haven't got a leg to stand on but hopefully you'll fall for our little trick and we'll at least get something"

Yes, I would ignore if it were me.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In other words, "I know we haven't got a leg to stand on but hopefully you'll fall for our little trick and we'll at least get something"

Yes, I would ignore if it were me.
                    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Um Um Um!!! Settlement figure £0.00

Comment

Depends if you want to pay 50% of a debt that is UE? And an unsolicitated settlement figure seems to suggest they are thinking along similar lines.

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just a suggestion to a tidy up of the diary. Your creditor is Moorcroft at the top where it now seems to actually be Hillesden Securities (DLC) hiding behind the comedy duo from Hull early doors.

Difficult to unravel who is who with Argos being in the mix aswell latterly.

Comment

Type of account (overdraft)joint

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£935)

Account owner (HBOS)
                        9/7/12 cca request
                        28/9/12 account passed to BLS 3/8/12
                        received today 26/10/2012

Repayment Plan Arrears £***

We are contacting you about the above account as the repayment plan you agreed is still overdue.

We have previously reminded you about the money you owe and you must pay the amount outstanding straight away. You can do this by calling the number above .
                        If you do not pay the outstanding amount to bring your account back on track withing 10 days from the date of this letter your account will fall further into arrears, This could result in your repayment plan being cancelled and the full balance of £*** will be due.

If you are exprincing financial difficulties we would suggest you contact a Debt Management Company company such as CAB or cccs . They are fee organisations who will assist you by offering independant advice on your situation

14/11/12 pay today reminder

13/12/12
                        from BLS

Please find enclosed a statement of account as requested.

Should you require any further assistance please telephone us.

14/12/12
                        from BLS it is essential that you contact us TODAY

24/12/12 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to . drydensfairfax solicitors, We've instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

31/12/12 drysdensfairfax solicitors ( both of us received a letter from these as it is a joint account )

Our client Halifax a division of bank of scotland plc

We are solicitors instructed by our client , Halifax to obtain immediate repayment of amount due of £935.06 or to take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay.

You must make an immediate payment of £935.06 or telephone us today on 0133 823 3892 to agree a satisfactory solution to this matter. Payment methods are provided on reverse of this letter.

Please not that if payment is not received by 5th Jan 2013, we have authority to commence legal proceddings through the court. If this action becomes necessary, there will be costs incurred for which you may become liable.

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter. It is most important that you make payment or contact us as a matter of urgency .

31/12/12 sent sold while in dispute letter,
                        not showing as received on royal mail website.

17/01/13 from Drysdenfairfax

You have failed to repay the sum of £935.06 owed to our client.

To avoid futher action, payment of £935.05 must be made to this office within the next seven days. Payment methods are on the reverse of this letter.

If you are unable to pay the amount in full, you must telephone us immediately on 0113 823 3892 to make a suitable arrangement.

Should you fail to make payment or to contact this office as directed, legal action may be taken against you without futher notice. This action would incure additional costs for which you may be liable.

Legal proceedings would involve a County Court Judgement (ccj) being sought against you.Once obtained, if payment was not made, application would be made to the court to enforce the Judgement, using one of more of the following actions.

1. Warrant of Execution: A bailiff would visit your home in order to remove goods to the value of the debt.
                        2. Attachement of earnings Order: Your employer would be ordered by the court to deduct monies outstanding direct from your salary.
                        3. Charging order: If you are a home owner, a Charge which would secure the debt against your property would be obtained.
                        4.Order to Obtain Information: You would be questioned under oath before an officer of the court in connection with your financial circumstances.
                        Do not ignore this notice, further recovery action will commence if you do not act now.

I hate these bastards with a vengence what shall i do now because this lot got a charge on our home in 2008 by deliberatley refusing payments and then went for a forthwith and a charge on the house.
                        This has taken the wind out of my sails after the last two victories yesterday with lloydstsb and argos

20/1/13
                        sent sold while in dispute letter

26/01/13 from drysdenfairfax solicitors

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 19 January 2013, together with the enclosures, and i note all your comments.

I have reviewed your file and , unfortunately, i can find no record of us receiving your earleir letter of 31 December 2012. We were, therefore, unaware that this was in dispute. As a firm of solicitors, please be assured that we are well aware of our responsibilities with regard to the Office of Fair trading Debt Collection Guidance.

As a result of your letter, we have contacted our client to clarify the current position and seek their further instructions. We will write to you , further, once they have responded. I confirm that, in the meantime, the matter is on hold.

I trust this resolves any immediate concers, but if you do have any further queries, please let me know.

06/04/13 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your Halifax account to a debt collection agency, CapQuest . We've instructed CapQuest to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.
                        great news for us drysdenfairfax have given up on this account, 2 down 1 to go

I shall wait for CapQuest to contact us and then send a sold while in dispute letter

Comment

Type of account (store card ) Argos
                          mine
                          Date commenced (2004)

Approx balance (£880)

Account owner (moorcroft)
                          9/7/12 cca request
                          13/7/12
                          letter recieved today, all collection activity on this account has been put on hold and they will not seek to enforce payment of this debt until such time as the documentation has been supplied or i am advised otherwise .

I decided to scan the letter from Moorcroft to see if you all think this is the normal reply from them .

received 8/11/2012

8 pages of a reconstituted

It's just about Argos card and tells me about statements and financial and related details

example : 8 we will set the credit limit for your account and tell you what it is when we send you your Argos card.

shall i copy the first page and send it to Niddy to make sure ?

08/12/12
                          Had another cca sent which is still just terms and conditions i have sent it to Niddy see what he says.

It's still unenforceable , shall i wait and see what they do next as they have already had a missing pt's letter ?

28/12/12 Moorcroft Home Collections Division.

Our records show that despite our previous letters to you, payment has still not been made on the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is now in arrears for the sum of £1.00

Our records also show that you are dealing with us via a third party (this would be payplan) If you are no longer dealing with them please contact our call centre.

As a result of the arrears on your account it has now been passed to our Home Collections division for possible action. If contact is not made with our offices as above, this may involve our local representative calling at your home address to discuss the account with you and to seek to establish how you propose to settle the balance outstanding.

We would emphasise that if no satisfactory agreement is made with us or our local representative you may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that they take debt rcovery action agaisnt you .

16/01/13 from Argos

Thank you for your letter dated 14 November 2012

Unfortunatley , we are unable to locate the signed copy of your agreement.
                          We make no admissions regarding whether or not the agreement was actually signed by you and reserve the right to undertake a more thorough search should it become necessary for us to enforce the agreement in the Courts.

We do of course note that s61 (1) (a) consumer credit Act 1974 provides that an agreement is not properly executed , unless a document containing the prescribed terms is signed in the the prescribed manner by the debtor.

We accept that unless we are able to locate the signed agreement or otherwise prove that it was sigend by you, it is unenforceable against you.

However, the agreement remains valid and we do expect you to continue with your payment.

then they refer to the case of McGuffick and the royal bank of scotland 2009

they say that if i choose to breach the terms of the agreement by failing to make the payments, they may have no option but to continue with their debt collection activities, and register a default .

14/02/2013 from direct legal collections

We have previously written to you advising that we are the legal owners of your debt.

We have now withdrawn your account from the Debt Collection Agency who were acting on our behalf and you now need to deal with us directly.

Please contact us with your proposals to pay the outstanding balance.
                          Failure to respond to this letter will result in further action being taken to recover the outstanding balance.

15/03/2013 from MDB

I have been instructed by direct legal & collections an associated company of Mercantile Data Bureau Ltd, to contact you about the above unpaid debt. Your account has been transferred to me due to your continued failure to discharge your current liability. All future contact relating to your account should now be with me .

I would like to give you the opportunity to discuss your account with me before we undertake any action with your account. I will take into consideration your current financial circumstances and outline the many options available to hep resolve this matter.

I urge you to contact me today on 00000000000000 to conclude this matter as quickly possible

05/04/13 from MDB

SELLEMENT OFFER

If you pay £445.78 within 14 days, I will be able to write off the remaining £445.78.

Once payment has been recieved, I will arrange for the credit reference agencies tr credit file.
                          This is a limited offer available for 14 day.

06/04/13 from dlc

We refer to your complaint dated 19 March2013. Please find enclosed a copy of our complaints procedure for your information.
                          GOES TO SAY THEIR FINDINGS AND SUMMARY AND HOW MANY TIMES THEY TRIED TO CONTACT ME .

Ignore ?

update

Comment

Is the "complaint" they're referring to the "Account Sold While in Dispute" letter? if so, I would just ignore.

BTW S2M, it would really help us if you'd update your diary with the letters you send as well as the letters you receive. It would make it a lot easier to follow! Have a look at my diary ---> Pixie's UE diary - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Is the "complaint" they're referring to the "Account Sold While in Dispute" letter? if so, I would just ignore.

BTW S2M, it would really help us if you'd update your diary with the letters you send as well as the letters you receive. It would make it a lot easier to follow! Have a look at my diary ---> Pixie's UE diary - allaboutFORUMS
                              That really is a vital point to make. As someone who has posted on this thread quite a lot, I often find I need to ask questions before I can come up with any kind of coherent response.

The reply which Vint1954 gave in post #1006 is absloutely spot on, but I had looked at this thread earlier in the day and not been able to work out a reply due to missing information.

We'll be able to help a lot better if we can see more clearly what the situation actually is.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                                That really is a vital point to make. As someone who has posted on this thread quite a lot, I often find I need to ask questions before I can come up with any kind of coherent response.

The reply which Vint1954 gave in post #1006 is absloutely spot on, but I had looked at this thread earlier in the day and not been able to work out a reply due to missing information.

We'll be able to help a lot better if we can see more clearly what the situation actually is.

SH
                                I do update my diary its just untidy i'm not good at computer skills i'm afraid .

Comment

Working...
                                X