GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script spent2much UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spent2much UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: spent2much UE diary

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
    One of the questions which is often asked is, “should you communicate with DCAs by email”?

The answer is usually no, and especially when there are solicitors involved and the possibility of them misusing it. Only two weeks ago I saw a case where solicitors emailed a PDF with the transcripts of several judgments in it, to the defendant at 22:00 the night before the hearing.

It is also suggested that emails can be manipulated because they are just electronic text. That is actually more dangerous than forging letters, because if somebody logs into their email account and looks at their sent mail, they have evidence of what they actually sent which cannot be manipulated.

You could attempt to handle the situation this way -

Set up a free email account. The most common are Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail, but the best are probably Zoho and Mail2World. You need an entirely new account, because you need to be able to close it again when it becomes necessary.

Go here -

drydensfairfax : contact us

and fill out the contact form. I would select “Information Submission”, rather than “Complaint” at this stage, as it takes away the excuse to issue a “Final Response” and refer you to the Fobbing Off Service. It demands a contact telephone number, so just use Niddy's here -

Free Number to Issue Creditors - allaboutFORUMS

Copy and paste your letter, exactly as you sent it, into the “Details” box, but put at the top - “COPY OF LETTER SENT BY SPECIAL DELIVERY (DATE)”. Submit the form. I would take a screenshot before and after submission.

It is more than likely that the contact form will give you an automatic reply. They usually do. Print that off as evidence that the communication was sent.

The only disadvantage of using this system is that the solicitors would then have an email address which they could abuse at a later date. This is the reason for using a new account – if you need to, you can just delete it and write to them telling them that you are no longer able to communicate by email.

I would personally wait until Thursday to see if that letter gets delivered late. If it does, then that problem is over and you can attack the Post Office for compensation. If it wasn't delivered by Thursday, I'd send through the contact form as above.

SH
    thank you this is a good idea and i will wait until thursday to see what happens .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      update

update 22.01.13

Your item with reference AD520315413GB has been delivered.
      If the item is being delivered to you at work, and you have not received it, please check with the mailroom or your colleagues.

You can now see the electronic Proof of Delivery for this item by clicking the button below.

update

Comment

update
        Well, that's a relief, at least. I thought there was a strong possibility that it would be delivered this week. SD usually gets delivered, because the Royal Snail don't want to be refunding those extremely high charges.

It is guaranteed next day delivery, though, so you have not received what you paid for.

SH

Comment

Well, that's a relief, at least. I thought there was a strong possibility that it would be delivered this week. SD usually gets delivered, because the Royal Snail don't want to be refunding those extremely high charges.

It is guaranteed next day delivery, though, so you have not received what you paid for.

SH
          thats true , but this time i will let it go as i am just pleased they have it so no excuse now

Comment

They are a bit short on detail, all the same. You would think they would show the delivery date at least.

Comment

thats true , but this time i will let it go as i am just pleased they have it so no excuse now
              You would be amazed at the number of DCA's who claim to never have received my correspondence despite:

1) Letters having been sent either recorded delivery or special delivery

2) Having already responded to the correspondence they claim not to have received!!

Whenever a DCA claims to not have received correspondence its essential that you write back to them pointing out the error of their ways. Not only does it place them on the back foot, it also throws into question their integrity, especially if court action would ever be considered. Its very difficult for them to be credible, if you can demonstrate that they are prepared to spout a pack of lies...........

Best
              SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                You would be amazed at the number of DCA's who claim to never have received my correspondence despite:

1) Letters having been sent either recorded delivery or special delivery

2) Having already responded to the correspondence they claim not to have received!!

Whenever a DCA claims to not have received correspondence its essential that you write back to them pointing out the error of their ways. Not only does it place them on the back foot, it also throws into question their integrity, especially if court action would ever be considered. Its very difficult for them to be credible, if you can demonstrate that they are prepared to spout a pack of lies...........

Best
                SnV
                I agree with you that's why i have just printed the whole page with their electronic signiture when it was signed for this morning, it gives the time too , so i am not letting them tell lies this time

Comment

Very good idea S2M...these disappear off the Royal Mail site after about a year, and some disputes can go on much longer than that, obviously.

Comment

Type of account (overdraft)mine

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£246)

Date last paid (22 June 2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying)

Status (default/cca being sent )

Account owner (HBOS)
                    9/7/12 cca request
                    28/9/12 account passed to BLS 3/8/12
                    received today 26/10/2012

Repayment Plan Arrears £***

We are contacting you about the above account as the repayment plan you agreed is still overdue.

We have previously reminded you about the money you owe and you must pay the amount outstanding straight away. You can do this by calling the number above .
                    If you do not pay the outstanding amount to bring your account back on track withing 10 days from the date of this letter your account will fall further into arrears, This could result in your repayment plan being cancelled and the full balance of £*** will be due.

If you are exprincing financial difficulties we would suggest you contact a Debt Management Company company such as CAB or cccs . They are fee organisations who will assist you by offering independant advice on your situation.
                    14/11/12 pay today reminder

13/12/12
                    from BLS

Please find enclosed a statement of account as requested.

Should you require any further assistance please telephone us.

14/12/12
                    from BLS it is essential that you contact us TODAY

22/12/12 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to dect collection agency. Moorcroft Group Plc, We've instructed Moorcroft Group Plc to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

Please contact Moorcroft as soon as possible to pay back the outstanding blalance.

28/12/12 from moorcroft

advising me Halifax have instructed them to collect the overdue debt of £246.26

It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county Court are issued. We believe that this letter fulfils this requirement even if it is not actually read by you .

To prevent our recommeding to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings, it is essential that you settle this debt without delay. Payment should be submitted in full within 7 dyas or contact made with this office immediately, by telephone on 000000000000 or by letter, with your payment offer. Both our client and we do not wish to take this action but if agreement cannot be reached by 31/12/12 , a claim may be issued by solicitors to act on behalf of our client without further notice.

WE WOULD DRAW TO YOUR ATTENTION THAT IF JUDGTMENT AND AN ORDER FOR REPAYMENT IN FULL IS OBTAINED AND REMAINS UNPAID, A RANGE OF COURT ENFORCEMENT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO OUR CLIENT AND APPLICATION FOR ONE OF THESE MAY BE CONSIDERED.

We would emphasise that should judgement be entered agaisnt you this may affect any future credit application you may make elsewhere . Legal cost mentioned also blah blah

10/01/13 from Moorcroft

IMPORTANT INFORMATION-POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION

To prevent possible further debt recovery action, please send your payment proosal before 15/01/13 or telephone 00000000 within the next 7 days.

If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other than to recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you, which may follow.

23/01/13 from Moorcroft

MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER

As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we feel that you may not be in a postion to meet our repuests to clear the account in full.

In order to stop our recommending to our clients that further debt recovery action is taken we can confirm that we would be prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan that you can afford to maintain.
                    An illustration of the kind we would be prepared to accept would be £20.00 per month , which would clear your balance in 13 months.

If you wish to take advantage of this repayment opportunity please
                    contact our offices
                    Our advisors will also explain to you the payment metiods that we offer direct debit postal payments, online payments etc.

Failure to respond within the next 7 days may leave us with no option but to recommend to our clients that they consider taking further debt recovery action against you .
                    update

Comment

Type of account (kays)
                      mine
                      Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£1,905)

Account owner (kays) now Littlewoods)
                      9/7/12 cca request
                      18/07/2012
                      recieved a cca back today , do i send the letter and the cca to niddy to look at ?

13/08/2012 sent missing PT's

24/9/2012 received a letter new condtion to the agreement.
                      26/10/2012 statement payment not received
                      24/11/2012 statement payment not received

22/12/12 NDR
                      monthly statement with £12 late fee added.
                      Notice of Default Sums under the Consumer credit Act 1974

Please note that a default charge will now be added to your account, as you have breached the terms of the agreement.

If you have not already done so, please rectify the position straight away to avoid any further charges and default comminications. If you are having difficulty making payments or keeping to the terms of the agreement we would like to hear from you , so please call us now on 0844......

31/12/12 sent missing pt's reminder

4/01/13
                      received from ndr

NOTIFICATION OF INSTRUCTION TO PROCEED
                      We have been instructed by our client:
                      shop direct to act on their behalf in securing repayment for the sum of £1965.20 in respect of purchases made from K&Co.

Accordingly, we give notice that unless this account is paid-or a satisfactory repayment arrangement is made within 7 days, our client will be taking the following action:

Register a Default at the credit reference bureau which will remain on your credit file for 6 years and may affect your ability to gain further credit in the future.

If you can pay your arrears in full within the next 7 days then we will review all default charges and additional interest applied to your account.

If you wish to make an offer of repayment you should do so within seven days by contacting us on 0844 822 40952

17/01/13 from NDR

PRE-ESCALATION NOTICE

Dear ***

I have attempted to contact you on numerous occasions regarding the overdue payment on your account. As a result we have applied a £12 administration fee on your account.

As this payment is now seriously overdue, it is essential that you make a payment to prevent any further action being taken on your account .

Yours sincerely,

Debt recovery Manager

21/01/13 from NDR

default notice (reason late payment) also £12 admin charge for late payment.

23/01/13 kay&co/shop direct finance company ltd

Re: Credit Agreement Request

We write further to your letter date 28.12.2012.

We confirm that your debt still remains outstanding.

You have advised us that your credit agreement is unenforceable , but unenforceability does not mean that the rights of a party under a credit agreement were never acquired or are extinguished. This approach has been adopted by the courts and as such means that we will still continue to request payments from you.

It is clear, that by ordering and purchasing groods from us, you acknowledge that there is an existing relationship in place.In the event that you did not beleive there was such a relationship it is unlikely you would have bought and continued to buy goods from us.

Therefore, as the debt remains unsatisfied, we will conintue to request payments from you and notify the credit reference agencies about the status of your debt from time to time.

The information held at the credit reference agencies will remain on your credit file 6 years and may affect future ability to obtain credit with other companies.

In order to avoid such detriment to your credit file please call us on 0000000000

also from kay&co

IMPORTANT YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY

Default Notice
                      served under section87(1) of the Consumer Act 1974

Running account credit mb383908

We refer to the above agreement which you have entered into with us. The Payment Clause of the agreement provides that you must make the required periodic payment in full by its due date. You are in breach of that clause because you have failed to make all your perodic payments in full when due, and arrears amounting to £1965.20 are outstanding.

To remedy this breach you must pay us the total arrears of £1965.20 befire 31-Jan*2013
                      IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORECMETN ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH.

IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTCE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN THE FURTHER ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.

Further action:

On the date shown, we shall require payment of the outstanding balance on the account, less any rebate allowable, as set below .

goes on about if i can't afford it or having difficulty
                      update

Comment

update
                        Keep that letter and the envelope it came in very safe.

A Default Notice needs to give you 14 days in which to remedy the breach. If you received this one today, it gives you 8.

A botched default can only help your cause in the long run, although it may never come to be needed.

It is imperative that you do nothing now to prevent them terminating the account, because prior to termination there is always the possibility that they can reissue the default notice, and this time make it compliant.

Just sit tight, wait for termination, and keep the evidence.

SH

Comment

Keep that letter and the envelope it came in very safe.

A Default Notice needs to give you 14 days in which to remedy the breach. If you received this one today, it gives you 8.

A botched default can only help your cause in the long run, although it may never come to be needed.

It is imperative that you do nothing now to prevent them terminating the account, because prior to termination there is always the possibility that they can reissue the default notice, and this time make it compliant.

Just sit tight, wait for termination, and keep the evidence.

SH
                          thank you will do

Comment

[QUOTE=Spent2much;206743]Type of account (overdraft)husband's

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£525)

Account owner (HBOS) think it was originally with Loydstsb
                            9/7/12 cca request

We are contacting you about the above account as the repayment plan you agreed is still overdue.

We have previously reminded you about the money you owe and you must pay the amount outstanding straight away. You can do this by calling the number above .
                            If you do not pay the outstanding amount to bring your account back on track withing 10 days from the date of this letter your account will fall further into arrears, This could result in your repayment plan being cancelled and the full balance of £*** will be due.

If you are exprincing financial difficulties we would suggest you contact a Debt Management Company company such as CAB or cccs . They are fee organisations who will assist you by offering independant advice on your situation.
                            14/11/12 payment reminder

13/12/12
                            from BLS

14/12/12

24/12/12 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to . drydensfairfax solicitors, We've instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

31/12/12 drysdensfairfax solicitors

Our client Halifax a division of bank of scotland plc

We are solicitors instructed by our client , Halifax to obtain immediate repayment of amount due of £525.20 or to take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay.

You must make an immediate payment of £525.20 or telephone us today on 0133 823 3892 to agree a satisfactory solution to this matter. Payment methods are provided on reverse of this letter.

Please not that if payment is not received by 5th Jan 2013, we have authority to commence legal proceddings through the court. If this action becomes necessary, there will be costs incurred for which you may become liable.

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter. It is most important that you make payment or contact us as a matter of urgency .

Last edited by Spent2much; 24 January 2013, 13:16.

Comment

Type of account (overdraft)mine

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£248)

Are you on an arrangement plan not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying)

Account owner (HBOS)
                              9/7/12 cca request

If you are experiencing financial difficulties we would suggest you contact a Debt Management Company company such as CAB or cccs . They are fee organisations who will assist you by offering independant advice on your situation.

14/11/12 payment reminder,pay today

13/12/12
                              from BLS

14/12/12

14/12/12

24/12/12 from Halifax

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to . drydensfairfax solicitors, We've instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

31/12/12 drysdensfairfax solicitors

Our client Halifax a division of bank of scotland plc

We are solicitors instructed by our client , Halifax to obtain immediate repayment of amount due of £248.46 or to take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay.

You must make an immediate payment of £248.46 or telephone us today on 0133 823 3892 to agree a satisfactory solution to this matter. Payment methods are provided on reverse of this letter.

Please not that if payment is not received by 5th Jan 2013, we have authority to commence legal proceddings through the court. If this action becomes necessary, there will be costs incurred for which you may become liable.

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter. It is most important that you make payment or contact us as a matter of urgency .

24/01/13 replica threat letter from drysdenfairfax saying if i don't pay they may get a ccj/charge on my house and they may get an attachment of earnings,may get blah blah blah, but they received my letter Tuesday by special delivery which scabhunter did for me and now i will wait and see what they come up with next
                              update

Comment

Type of account (overdraft Lloydstsb) husband's

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£520)

Account owner (moorcroft)
                                9/7/12 cca request
                                13/7/12 request from moorcroft for £1
                                16/7/12 sent them a £1 postal order
                                1/8/12 moorcroft sent postal order back saying it needs to be sent and written out to Lloydstsb
                                14/11/12 moorcroft asking for payment or may start legal proceedings.
                                Letter from Moorcrof today, say they need a £1 before they can process mt request .
                                this is an overdraft account i thought no £1 payment was needed

14/11/2012

Our records show that we have not received a payment from you since 02/08/12.

We must therefore ask you to make an immediate payment to us or contact this office within the next 48 hours.

Unless payment of this amount is received in the next 7 days we may remommend to our client that we take further debt recovery action against you without further notice.

Neither we nor our client wish to take this step and if you call us on the above number we would be happy to agree a repayment plan that you can afford and maintain.

Any payment may be attached to this letter and made payable to Moorcroft debt Recovery Ltd.

Yours sincerely.

30/11/2012
                                from Moorcroft

Our records show that despite our previous letters to you,payment has still not been made on the agreement in place on our system with the result that your account is now in arrears for the sum of £1.00

Our records also show that your are dealing with us via a third party, If this is still the case please contact them concerning this matter as soon as possible to clarify the position.If however, you are no longer dealing with this third party organisation please contact our call centre directly.

As a result of the arrears on your account it has now been passed to our Home Collections Division for possible action. If contact is not made with our offices as above, this may involve our local representative calling at your home address to discuss the account with you and to seek to establish how you propose to settle the balance outstanding.

We would emphasise that if no satisfactory agreement is made with us or our local representative you may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that they take debt recovery action against you.

Please could you either you or your representative contact us no later than 06/12/12

21/1/13 from LloydsTsb

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repyment plan, we'v transferred your accoun to a dca Robinson way.
                                We've instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

Please contact Robinson Way asap to arrange to pay back the outstanding balance. Ther full contact details are below

24/01/13 from robbers way
                                do not ignore they have authorised to recover this debt in full by thir client , if do not pay or agree a payment plan they may advise their client to start court action if court considers our failure to pay to be due to neglect , an order for payment may be made, if we fail to pay in accordance with a court payment order the following may occur.

*an application is made to court to enforce repayment
                                *futrue credit , especially mortgages will be difficult to obtain
                                *this account may continue to worry us .

unpaid debts don't just go away or get forgotten no matter how much people want that to happen. Call now to pay or agree a payment plan, if you prefer to deal with this online at http://www.***************

[/QUOTE]

update

Comment

Working...
                                X