GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 925pws UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

925pws UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 925pws UE diary

You know some days the pressure of life gets to me, feelings of helplessness and fear. A terminally ill family member, losing my job and all topped off with a mountain of debt. This is not the life I had imagined for myself. Those little negative thoughts enter my head, you know the ones, you should have tried harder, you can’t seem to do anything right, why did you get yourself in this mess - my emotional reasoning goes out the window. That knot in my stomach returns, my shoulders hunch over, eyes go down, lump in throat and the tears start. I feel inadequate.

I manage to drag myself out of bed even though my last days at work are not the place I want to be. I enter the living room and put on the news. I hear the newsreader ‘charged with manipulating interest rates.’ My head lifts, I listen intently to every word she says. ‘Investigators say that Barclays' traders lied to make the bank look more secure during the financial crisis and, sometimes - working with traders at other banks - to make a profit.’ She goes on, ‘Other big names believed to be under investigation include Citigroup, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, HSBC and Royal Bank of Scotland.’

Suddenly my feelings of helplessness and fear change as if a light switch has been flicked, anger and disgust take over to the point where the adrenalin in my body has me shaking with the utter contempt I feel for the banks.

My shoulders go back, my head is held high, I straighten up. My mood has changed to a positive and realistic general truth – I will fight tooth and nail to stand up to the banks who have caused more social harm not just to me but to the world – more social harm that could ever be imagined.

They have sucked us all dry; we have paid with our businesses, our livelihoods, our taxes. Money which should have gone to hospitals, schools and roads, they have had us pay for their gambling addiction, their bonuses and illegal practices time and time again. Life is complex, at times it’s downright awful, but I will not sit by and let a bunch of criminals tell me what to do with my hard earned cash.

I have a simple message to my creditors; bring it on!

*steps off soap box*

Comment

Could not of put it better.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Brilliant post pws925
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi pws925
          Nicely expressed.
          Greymatter

Comment

I don't think anyone of us is leading the life we thought we would have. We've been done over so many times by the financial industry, I've nearly lost count, we lost endowments that were worthless(though they were meant to pay off the mortgage and fund a world cruise), we lost pensions that we faithfully paid into and the money disappeared more or less overnight(Equitable), then the banks sniffed weakness and smacked up the interest rates and then I had a bad accident and couldn't work for nearly a year(still limp), then the interest rates really rocketed and it all crashed. A six month stint with CCCS wasn't very helpful, I did all the work getting interest stopped, CCCS did nothing but hang on to it for 25 days before passing it on. After six months review time came around, they wanted more money because the banks needed me to pay it back quicker and I shouldn't be supporting my at uni son because the banks wouldn't really condone that guess what Dopey did then???

Dopey got very angry, Dopey got financially educated, Dopey found Niddy and Dopey started to fight back.
            The only institution I'm in any way interested in is my family and I will fight as hard as possible to give us a life. I can see a whole generation around me who were duped into going to University thinking they can have it all, have careers and be well paid for it and what they really have is absolutely nothing, no jobs, no homes, no actual prospects of any of what we had when we were young. it is a disgrace and it was caused by the banks and the financial industry and the lack lustre greedy performance of the likes of the FSA.

So no feeling sorry for yourself, you need to get up and get at them, you need to start looking to your future and how you are going to have a future and time is galloping on so you need to be doing that to-day.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post

So no feeling sorry for yourself, you need to get up and get at them, you need to start looking to your future and how you are going to have a future and time is galloping on so you need to be doing that to-day.

Well said Dopey

Comment

Well put Evenlessdopey, I totally agree with you especially about the endowment part and you're right about the dmp they did put pressure on us to pay more ,I'm sorry about your accident but I'm glad you came back fighting, well done, your right families are the most important thing in life ,and life's too short as it is ,your post hit home with me thank you xx

Hi 925pws,
                I had just popped in to have a wee read of your diary to see how you were getting on, and came across your inspiring "speech" well said good to see your staying positive ,I thought when I read the first paragraph "oh no ,she/ he's giving up " but no ,your still if not more positive well done
                Take care xx
                Last edited by Sosad; 28 June 2012, 21:18.

Comment

925 what a riproarer you get my vote any day of the week , and yes, all those emotions come to th fore. It seems to me that there is nowt to choose between them they are all in it for themselves and sod the rest of us, they all just thought "we can do what the hell we like the customer will pay" well not any more. When i started my UE i felt guilt, what a misguided feeling that was.
                  googd luck matey xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Hiya

Obviously those from post 04/2007 will be enforceable however no harm in trying to blag things and see what develops. It allows you time to save (instead of the old DMP/Minimum account payment whatever) to make a F&F with the DCA so it's not pointless.

However just bear in mind you cannot claim UE on the accounts opened after April 2007 as s.127 was repealed sadly

But you may be able to claim back PPI if you were sold it on any of these later accounts That usually happens further down the line when the blagging stops

I've just read all of your diary and you've definitely got the right mindset for all of this. Good Luck and you're in the right place with us lot

Comment

UPDATE:

Halifax
                      • Type of account: CC 2
                      • Date commenced: 10 + years
                      • Approx balance: £12,000
                      • Date last paid May 2012
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying: not paying from June
                      • Status up to date
                      • Account owner: Halifax

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                      06/06/12 requested CCA
                      09/07/12 reconstituted CCA received and emailed to Niddy for comment

Question: What the heck is a reconstituted CCA?

Comment

Thanks FP. Will await comment from Niddy on this.

Comment

Hiya just popped in for a wee bit to see how your getting on you seem to be doing fine take care xx

Comment

Hello SoSad , nice of you to pop by. Yes I'm doing well. I hope you are? Not much to report really but then my last payment was June so I'm sure the letters will start at the end of this month. But they can start, fact remains I've no money and with redundancy just round the corner and no job as yet, they can want cos they ain't goin get

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                              They can't find the agreement you allegedly signed so they cobble something together.

As Judge Waksman said with regards to Carey, a recon satisfies a s77/78 request which is for information purposes but if they want to enforce...
                              Cobble something together indeed which no doubt many do, however they cannot just take the info from thin air it must be based on your account and taken from a screen or other filing system in use.

Comment

Hi 925pws ,
                                Yes I'm doing fine ,had a few glitches but thanks to the lovely people on this forum I'm muddling through, I haven't had as many letters as I thought I would have had in fact I had MORE when I was setting up my DMP!!!! Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Take care
                                Sosad xx

Comment

Working...
                                X