GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will this become Statute Barred? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this become Statute Barred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this become Statute Barred?

Hi again,
    I can't find where but I asked for advice on an apparent vehicle hire agreement after I was involved in an accident several (almost 6) years ago.
    Basically, a guy ran into the back of me, damaged my car, admitted it and we exchanged details.
    My car was taken into a garage from my home and a "courtesy car" was provided. I had fully comprehensive insurance at the time.
    My car was repaired, courtesy car was returned, I got a little compensation and life moved on.
    A few months ago I got a letter from a company in Newbury saying they were acting on behalf of those who provided me with the car. They have failed to get the payment for it from the other party (the guy in the Jag who admitted it was his fault) and that they would be seeking it from me.
    So, firstly, I never knew I was signing a hire agreement and secondly, in November, it will be 6 years since that all happened. My question is, if it was a hire agreement, would it become statute barred after 6 years?

Ta,

Mick

Re: Will this become Statute Barred?

would the guy in the jag's insurance not be paying out on this? or yours?

Comment

I already answered this before lol

It's upto the other insurers not yours and yes. It'd become statute barred but that ain't your problem cos YOU don't owe anything. It would have been covered within the claim.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
        would the guy in the jag's insurance not be paying out on this? or yours?
        That's what I thought but for some reason, they haven't. As Niddy has pointed out though, I owe them sod all so they can jog on

Comment

Exactly. Forget it mate. Let them threaten the kitchen sink so to speak
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X