GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax BOS Debt & me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax BOS Debt & me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax BOS Debt & me

Hi, either Barclays or Co-op seem to be the best ones. I opened a Co-op one over the phone no problem at all. It is just a basic account but had no problems with it. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Scarednshakin View Post
      Hi, either Barclays or Co-op seem to be the best ones. I opened a Co-op one over the phone no problem at all. It is just a basic account but had no problems with it. Hope that helps
      i popped into my local Barclays this morning and asked them a few questions about different accounts and such so yeah either them or another one

Comment

Originally posted by jinjoe View Post
        one more thing i'm trying to find another bank i can open an account with for my wages to be paid into but also to create a direct debit account to pay household bills, however the following banks are totally out of the question as there linked to Royal bank of scotland

- hbos
        - natwest
        -Lloyds tsb
        -halifax

so right now im thinking Barclays or perhaps Santander can anyone give some suggestions please
        Ok, there are only TWO banks which unconditionally will give an account to people with credit problems. For this reason they have to be run very tightly.

I've got a Co-Op account after moving from Barclays (since they are on my creditor list)
        You get a Visa Debit card (BUT since you have no overdraft, you cannot use it for petrol pay at pump, or other places which don't do online balance check).
        You DONT get Overdraft
        You can pay in and withdraw in any post office, which to me is better than going to a branch.

Barclays .. I'm sure the deal is very much the same.
        "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

just like to add how the hell can a debt collection agency obtain my new home telephone number its supposed to be ex directory, do these people have some sort of secret database or something & yes ive just had a phonecall from Westcot....WTF, i thought by changing my number i would of got rid of the unwanted phone call, how wrong was i !!

one more thing i'm trying to find another bank i can open an account with for my wages to be paid into but also to create a direct debit account to pay household bills, however the following banks are totally out of the question as there linked to Royal bank of scotland

- hbos
          - natwest
          -Lloyds tsb
          -halifax

so right now im thinking Barclays or perhaps Santander can anyone give some suggestions please

I have UE with Bank of Scotland and Santander has given me a basic account with a visa debit card no overdraft but thats ok, I can just use that card as normal, on-line or wherever.
          Last edited by milliesmadmoth; 9 February 2011, 09:52.

Comment

just like to add how the hell can a debt collection agency obtain my new home telephone number its supposed to be ex directory, do these people have some sort of secret database or something & yes ive just had a phonecall from Westcot....WTF, i thought by changing my number i would of got rid of the unwanted phone call, how wrong was i !!
            They can't - you've obviously given it out to someone that has searched you - for instance, if you applied to a bank (even for a basic account) they usually run a credit search and this would entail N Hunter coming into the equation meaning that anyone else doing an ID check (or otherwise) on you, will see this info...

It could be anyone, BT & British Gas both share info with CRA's.... Basically, you should never give out your number - get a PAYG mobile and use this on all applications you make.... being it's a spare number, you only put the sim in your phone when it suits you (to check for any silly messages)...
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              They can't - you've obviously given it out to someone that has searched you - for instance, if you applied to a bank (even for a basic account) they usually run a credit search and this would entail N Hunter coming into the equation meaning that anyone else doing an ID check (or otherwise) on you, will see this info...

It could be anyone, BT & British Gas both share info with CRA's.... Basically, you should never give out your number - get a PAYG mobile and use this on all applications you make.... being it's a spare number, you only put the sim in your phone when it suits you (to check for any silly messages)...
              I understand what your saying Niddy but i live with my dad and the only people who have the new home number is my sister and two of my dad's friends no one else, i'm not that stupid to give out a new number like that, besides i'm waiting on a complaint i've lodged with my utility provider as to how the house phone number has been accessed.

Comment

I understand what your saying Niddy but i live with my dad and the only people who have the new home number is my sister and two of my dad's friends no one else, i'm not that stupid to give out a new number like that, besides i'm waiting on a complaint i've lodged with my utility provider as to how the house phone number has been accessed.
                Hiya, have you changed addresses or given it to anyone - I mean anyone? I specifically mean companies?

In any case, you need to register with TPS for a start (always advisable to do this with new numbers) and if they call again, you ought to act daft and say "who? Never heard of him"....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya, have you changed addresses or given it to anyone - I mean anyone? I specifically mean companies?

In any case, you need to register with TPS for a start (always advisable to do this with new numbers) and if they call again, you ought to act daft and say "who? Never heard of him"....
                  what is TPS ?

Comment

Telephone Preference Service
                    http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Also they do Mailing Preference Service and Mobile Preference Service.

Well worth it.

Oh ... Mailing pref service, doesn't include Walk-Sort sh1t, so you have to apply directly to Royal-Fail for them to stop sending that.

What TPS means is when you get cold calls at home for SALES, not "advice" then you can tell them to stuff off as you're registered with TPS. But it only works for calls from the UK.
                    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

what is TPS ?
                      what about the rest of my question....?

Comment

what about the rest of my question....?
                        no i have not changed addresses nor have i given out any kind of info

Comment

no i have not changed addresses nor have i given out any kind of info
                          ok cheers

Comment

If it helps, DH got a new mobile with a new number, and kept the old sim card - he just pops it in the phone occasionally to check the messages (and delete them). He STILL gets messages left from creditors on the old number, and he changed phones over 6 months ago. It's certainly been easier for us this way. You can still use your old mobile for stuff like that and just check the messages once a week and simply delete any creditor messages. And don't give the new mobile number out to any business at all.

Comment

Another letter received from Westcot services today implying court action and door step visits, once again ive emailed the letter to you Niddy

Comment

Another letter received from Westcot services today implying court action and door step visits, once again ive emailed the letter to you Niddy
                                Send this to Wescot: ---> Debtors Final Response - No CCA Received

Comment

Working...
                                X