GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax BOS Debt & me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax BOS Debt & me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax BOS Debt & me

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    I love that letter in post 26!
    LOL, we have a few like that - we change them to suit any court cases, lol. As you do
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Send this to Blair Oliver: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
      Have they signed for this yet?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have they signed for this yet?

i posted it regular delivery, im so skint i didnt have the money to send it recorded delivery

btw i've had another letter from BOS i'll email you this within the hour

Comment

Jesus. With the legal letters you MUST send it recorded. It's only about £1.15. They will milk it any deny receiving it and could take action. U can't prove u posted it can you?

Game over - you lose! Seriously you must get a signature and proof of postage for everything u send.

Comment

Jesus. With the legal letters you MUST send it recorded. It's only about £1.15. They will milk it any deny receiving it and could take action. U can't prove u posted it can you?

Game over - you lose! Seriously you must get a signature and proof of postage for everything u send.
            i'll resend the letters, check your pm

Comment

There may be some hope for you here. My belief was that for a court you don't have to send recorded to get proof of delivery, but HAVE TO get proof of postage (receipt in these courts is, I believe, assumed).

One of my bug bears with the Post Office is the only way they will guarantee a letter will get to the addressee is if you send it Special Delivery. 1st class, 2nd class and Recorded do not guarantee delivery at all, though with recorded you can claim limited compensation. Apparantly Recorded Delivery letters sent to a company who receive lots of mail each day quite often get there, but remain unsigned for as they're in the middle of a pile of other letters.

I know this is not as it should be, but if you want to check what I've said ask your post office.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                There may be some hope for you here. My belief was that for a court you don't have to send recorded to get proof of delivery, but HAVE TO get proof of postage (receipt in these courts is, I believe, assumed).

One of my bug bears with the Post Office is the only way they will guarantee a letter will get to the addressee is if you send it Special Delivery. 1st class, 2nd class and Recorded do not guarantee delivery at all, though with recorded you can claim limited compensation. Apparantly Recorded Delivery letters sent to a company who receive lots of mail each day quite often get there, but remain unsigned for as they're in the middle of a pile of other letters.

I know this is not as it should be, but if you want to check what I've said ask your post office.
                thanks caspar for your advice i will ask at the post office about this....just waiting to see what BOS intend to do concerning handing my debt over to another second stage agent as they've mentioned in the latest letter.

Comment

Joe

I've replied to email - no need to resend the letters this time but try and send recorded delivery, the logic is so you get a proof of signature - the "Proof of Postage" certificate is worthless especially in court as that just shows you posted something - BUT, what did you post? Remember the rules of "Strict Proof thereof"....

For the sake of £1.15 it is best to send recorded, albeit if you're totally skint then yea, a proof of postage cert will suffice, i'd not recommend using these all the time - a signature is worth a lot more in gold

Comment

Totally agree with Niddy there. Ideally Recorded Deliveery so it shows not only that you posted something, but that they received something. They can then be put to strict proof of what was received.

A question for Niddy: Given that receipt is assumed by the court, Can they not still be put to strict proof either of what they received or to prove they did not receive it. I can't believe they'd let such an obvious loophole exist without the court having some recourse to address it, but I don't know, hence my asking!

Comment

Hiya

Yeah they can be put to strict proof but unfortunately as the defendant will be reliant on it, they'd put YOU (the defendant) to strict proof to prove that what you sent was indeed whatever you claim. Obviously it's then your word against theirs.

It's just easier all round to send recorded really. It's also your own safety net.

Comment

thank you all for your replies and suggestions & which i shall take on board and put to good use

Comment

Yesterday morning i received a phone call from Wescot credit services asking for my credit card details, i told them im sorry i cant give them over the phone & hung up & then this morning they called again but i didnt bother to answer the phone so it seems that BOS have handed my account to these people now, i've already changed my home phone number and im in the process of changing my mobile number too, this way the only channel of comms will be via letter.

Comment

Originally posted by jinjoe View Post
                            Yesterday morning i received a phone call from Wescot credit services asking for my credit card details, i told them im sorry i cant give them over the phone & hung up & then this morning they called again but i didnt bother to answer the phone so it seems that BOS have handed my account to these people now, i've already changed my home phone number and im in the process of changing my mobile number too, this way the only channel of comms will be via letter.
                            Ok, well let us know when they write then we can advise what to respond with..

Comment

I've received a letter from Westcot today demanding i make full payment...lol yeah right, niddy i've sent you the email with the letter.

Comment

just like to add how the hell can a debt collection agency obtain my new home telephone number its supposed to be ex directory, do these people have some sort of secret database or something & yes ive just had a phonecall from Westcot....WTF, i thought by changing my number i would of got rid of the unwanted phone call, how wrong was i !!

one more thing i'm trying to find another bank i can open an account with for my wages to be paid into but also to create a direct debit account to pay household bills, however the following banks are totally out of the question as there linked to Royal bank of scotland

- hbos
                                - natwest
                                -Lloyds tsb
                                -halifax

so right now im thinking Barclays or perhaps Santander can anyone give some suggestions please
                                Last edited by jinjoe; 7 February 2011, 15:57. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
                                X