GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax BOS Debt & me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax BOS Debt & me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax BOS Debt & me

December received letter from BOS demanding payment

Niddy i have emailed you a copy of the latest letter

Comment

Originally posted by jinjoe
      December received letter from BOS demanding payment

Niddy i have emailed you a copy of the latest letter
      Send this back... ---> viewtopic.php?p=2318#p2318

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

January received another letter concerning payment, Niddy please refer to email, also i have had numerous phone calls to my mobile from BOS, incidently how do i deal with door collectors if they should turn up at my house

Comment

January received another letter concerning payment, Niddy please refer to email, also i have had numerous phone calls to my mobile from BOS, incidently how do i deal with door collectors if they should turn up at my house
          Hi jinjoe, first of all while you are waiting for niddy to reply to your email, DON'T be worrying, I know the phone calls can get on top of you, thats what they are hoping for to wear you down, then you will crack and offer them some sort of payment to get them off your back, which it will do for a few days then the calls will start all over again to pressure you for more money, but believe me these call centre :beaker :bert they can do nothing more than bark a lot but have no bite- ignore them, in fact fail security if you do happen to answer their call that really puts them on the back foot and stops the call in it's tracks.

Same with any DCA :beaker that may knock on the door, many can appear intimidating, and try to make you think they are there on official legal business, but they have no power whatsoever,they can't come into your home, they can't make any legal demands on you to pay them anything.

It's also worth remembering most DCA letters that say they are going to send someone round for a door step visit are simply idle threats to frighten you into making contact with them, remember everytime someone visits you it is costing THEM money NOT you.

If you are unfortunate enough to actually get a visit, stay calm, don't enter into too much conversation, simply tell them the account is in dispute with the OC, and you will only deal with them in writing, ask them to please leave your property, and close the door. If they do persist in knocking,(which most don't do these days, the ex boxer debt collectors with broken noses are a thing of the past) tell them you are going to call the police and have them forceably removed from your property.

In the mean time you could send this off to try and stop any threat of a visit - viewtopic.php?p=182#p182

Good Luck.

Comment

Hiya

Did you not previously reply to Blair Oliver Scott about this account? If not, then you should be sending them a copy of the last stuff you sent to HBOS (threat of litigation letter).....

However, as to your comments in email about the takeover, don't stress about this right now. However for future ease, yes - get away from the Lloyds Banking Group as a whole cos they can Offset and may well decide to do so!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

January also i have had numerous phone calls to my mobile from BOS, incidently how do i deal with door collectors if they should turn up at my house
              As Allan above stated (cheers mate), see below for the full details:

If you read this, all becomes clear: ---> viewtopic.php?f=71&t=645

So, if you get phone calls, you send this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=178#p178

If you get threats of visits, you send this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=182#p182

Comment

thanks guys i'll read up on your replies later in the day, thanks again

Comment

If it helps, I've had various DCAs threaten possible doorstep action, but no-one (to my knowledge) has ever turned up.
                  Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                  SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

lol, that is why we call them blind threats...... half of them are utter nonsense and the rest, well they are just utter bollocks!

Comment

January 2010 - Sent two letters to BOS (one phone call letter & one home visit letter)

Niddy i have received another letter from BOS concerning court action, i will email this to you now.

Comment

Originally posted by jinjoe View Post
                        January 2010 - Sent two letters to BOS (one phone call letter & one home visit letter)

Niddy i have received another letter from BOS concerning court action, i will email this to you now.
                        Send this to Blair Oliver: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation

Comment

Hi Niddy today i've had another letter from Halifax, right now my head is spinning !!, i'll email the letter to you now.

Comment

Originally posted by jinjoe View Post
                            Hi Niddy today i've had another letter from Halifax, right now my head is spinning !!, i'll email the letter to you now.
                            ok gimme 5 to check it

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              ok gimme 5 to check it
                              Ignore it - why is your head spinning? It is their final response.... you didn't expect HBOS to say, "Oh, ok - we're wrong, sorry - just forget the debt" did you?

They will always chase you, but you just ignore them

Keep us updated on anything else received, but otherwise ignore this clearly unenforceable account.

Comment

I love that letter in post 26!

Comment

Working...
                                X