GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Telephone Calls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Telephone Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Telephone Calls

Has anyone been plagued by telephone calls concerning the reclaiming of PPI?

We have for the last few months been plagued by recorded message calls concerning the reclaiming of mis sold PPI throughout the day and early evening.

There have been several from Indian call centres demanding pewrsonal details so that they proceed with my claim. It came to a real head this week with a call from an Indian whose English was very poor and who would not take NO for an answer. he had claimed he was calling from PorthCawl. Has Porthcawl been relocated to Mumbai?

As I was trying to eat my evening meal in peace I proceeded in the end to tell him to "piss off" using those very words. He was still ranting when the phone went down. 2 minutes later the telephone rang again.

Indian again asking for me personnally. " You have been speaking a moment ago to my colleague (pidgeon English again by the way) here in Porthcawl and I am his senior manager. We do not take kindly to your insulting behaviour to us"

"Liar!" was my response, "Since when has Porthcawl been in Mumbai? What company do you represent as I need to send you a bill for my time and damages for you depriving me of the use of my telephone line which I pay for for my personal use not yours" More unintelligable rantings from colonial cousin. Told him where to go and put the phone down.

I hasten to add that this occurred on our broadband phone which is an ex directory number as well and has only been given to two people by us.

How much longer do we have to put with this crap of cold calling and the abuse of us the receiver by shysters?

regards
    Garlok

Re: PPI Telephone Calls

Garlok,

It is totally uncalled for and the MOJ and OFT did says they would be stamping this in the bud only since the court judgment it has got worse instead of better.

If the banks heeded to that judgement and paid out those just claims instead of drawing out this farce none of this would be happening.

However the FSA is not fining banks for exceeding the time-limit in which they have to clear these claims, but instead extended it.

This whole PPI issue is becoming a fookin joke.

Comment

Re: PPI Telephone Calls

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      " You have been speaking a moment ago to my colleague (pidgeon English again by the way) here in Porthcawl and I am his senior manager. We do not take kindly to your insulting behaviour to us"
      Now, my response would have been:

"so you object to the way in that I just spoke to your colleague?? Heres an idea, that will solve the problem of me insulting your staff. TELL THEM NOT TO F***ING call me!!"
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X