GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Failure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Failure

HI all
    I am not sure if i should start a new thread. I have tried to reclaim PPi on cataloue ins with the help of Di ( who has been fab).Been through FOS
    they have been in touch with the ins company.Still to date it has made no difference as ive had a final letter today saying no.Its been quite complicated as originaly i was given 2 different companies to deal with because no one could find out who the policy was with.
    It ended up being aviva.Now as the FOS told me, as it was before 2006
    ( i think that was the date)
    the ins company were not regulated so they may not pay out even though i had tried to make a claim and been refused.I have to say the FOS are really helpful and well worth contacting.
    just thought i would let you know xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: PPI Failure

Hi nanna

Was it actually confirmed that the actual insurer was not regulated at the time you taken out the finance?

I assumed all insurers were regulated to what I know of.

I think the FOS should double check on this, they are also known to make mistakes too.
    But otherwise I would call into your local CAB and see if they have a free solicitor who will be able to give some advice on this also.

To what I know of, CAB's have a free solicitor every month, I would contact your local one and see what they say. k

Comment

Fos said that they probs werent but i am ging to copy letter and send it to them asee what comes back

BTW FAB ON YOURE GOOD LUCK
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good one nanna. ;K7

Comment

Working...
        X