GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide loan PPI query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide loan PPI query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide loan PPI query

Hi All,
    for once its me chasing money
    I instructed a company called Taylor Stirling to chase Nationwide in the hope we could recover some ppi from several years ago.
    They had no luck, but have come back and told us that their solicitors feel we still have a case for perusing
    ULL Solicitors are the guys now on the case.....well not yet...we have received paperwork today awaiting our signatures to allow them to continue.
    Having read through the documents i have an uneasy feeling we could be left with a big bill if we proceed...
    Any advice guys....i can always upload the paperwork received if needed.
    Thanks as always

Steve
    Steve

Re: Nationwide loan PPI query

No expert on this so take this as you wish.

Looking at the websites these two companies are not very far apart in Altringham Manchester. As in 500yrds apart. Is this more of a networking referral as opposed to what is right for you.

The CMC is admitting defeat so what is the solicitor seeing that the CMC isnt? Anything in the papers sent or is it more of a contract type of set of papers where you sign no win no fee and then all the stuff about if they do win? ie how much the cut will be.

Tucked away on the solicitors website is the relationship they enjoy with an insurance company that covers the cost of litigatiion to put your mind at ease!!!!!.

Presumably they will try to get you to sign up to this and therefore premiums will start to flow. If they dilly dally this could cost you a bit but you are underwriting anything going nasty for them. Particularly if it goes t**ts up.

If they win they take their cut. But have the CMC ripped up your contract now? I would be thinking no as you hear of wins where the CMC come back on the scene after saying they cant help. In this case the solicitor it was referred to has an incentive to let the CMC know to obtain repeat referrals from the CMC.

It benifits both companies.

Like I said just one spin on it. Others may disagree.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ken.
      I think after reading through the documentation yet again, and reading parts that say i may be liable for costs has swayed me away from carrying on any claim.
      Thanks for the input though mate, much appreciated.

Steve
      Steve

Comment

Thats where the insurance would be presented and sold to you I presume whatever it is. Like most people those words liable for costs have a sobering impact on us. Many people thinking they still have a claim would be able to be sold something to protect themselves not really thinking what they have been sold.

Has Di had a look see on your PPI claim? Obviously not straight forward as the CMC has given up.

Comment

Hiya

We can help you "all free" of course lol

I've no idea how it works really by using CMC's, before I got into this myself years ago, and never had a clue about going about it, I almost went that direction but put stops on it - in realising I could do this myself and yes succeeded on the PPI.

Let us know, cheers.

Comment

Thanks Di and Ken,
            I think its sometimes a worthwhile thing to post up on this forum and get others views, it helps see things a little clearer at times.
            I am not one to walk away from a fight, but i just get a niggle with this that i may well get lumped with a bill i need never have.
            I think my head will rule my heart on this occasion and i will call it quits.
            Thanks guys for the input, sorry if i wasted your time, but i do appreciate the advice.

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Hey no bother at all, we are here if you need us lol!

Comment

Working...
              X