GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SAR and 6 years worth of data - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAR and 6 years worth of data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR and 6 years worth of data

I am sure I have seen somewhere, a discussion on the 6 years imposed on us when attempting to obtain information from companies.

If my memory is in full gear .. it was Niddy that suggested that no where does it say they only need send 6 years' worth of data..

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Re: SAR and 6 years worth of data

Thanks FP looking for that link as well. Its a bit like the PPI rubbish about only being able to claim back for 6 years.

The banks tried a Common law argument as part of their case and lost. The equitable remedy means right back to the date of inception. idiots.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Thank you, I will go and have a look..

Comment

That's the one thanks.. have bookmarked it and will have a good read later on.

Supper calls !!

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
          Thanks FP looking for that link as well. Its a bit like the PPI rubbish about only being able to claim back for 6 years.

The banks tried a Common law argument as part of their case and lost. The equitable remedy means right back to the date of inception. idiots.
          Not to mention that section 32 of the Limitation Act 1980 - link - only starts the limitation period on discovery if the claim arises from concealment or fraud or mistake by the defendant.

Comment

And how many PPI Policies out there are a mistake/financial wrong? millions no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              And how many PPI Policies out there are a mistake/financial wrong? millions no doubt
              It would be easier to enumerate those that were sold correctly and appropriately.

Comment

Working...
              X