GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ and CO - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ and CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ and CO

I've a CCJ thats about to hit the 6yr period and disappear from my record.

This CCJ was obtained when I thought I was in a IVA with SPECTRUM and when I was new to all this , it was a 6 mths old by the time I was competant enough to deal with these things.

Once the CCJ is off my record I intend to challenge the companies right to this debt as the agreement sent do not stack up.

My question is does the CO that came with the CCJ expire as well,. I suspect not, if this is the case then how do I get rid of that as well.

Re: CCJ and CO

Was the CCJ paid off, or does it still have money owing on it.

Also, is the debt single and the property joint?
    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

The CO stays till paid. The ccj comes off cra's after 6yrs like all other stuff so will drop off 6yrs from date of ccj.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As Nid says,

Although the CCJ drops off your file as such - the debt remains payable. The owner of the CCJ can go back to court at any time to enforce.

It's important to know if the debt is single and the property joint, as if that's the case, the "CO" is nothing more than a restriction.
        With the appropriate knowledge, that soon becomes nothing to lose any sleep over....

Regarding challenging the agreement at this stage. It's do-able, with a possible set aside of the CCJ, BUT, you really need to know what you are doing and it is not advised lightly.

Comment

So the only option is to challenge the CO in court based on the fact that there is an unenforceable agreement. mmmm a risky proposition, one I'll have to think on.

I'll chk to see if the cards were joint, I suspect they were.

thanks all, pretty much conforms what I thought

Comment

Let us know what you dig up..

Comment

Working...
            X