GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Commercial agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial agreement

Hi!

Hope someone can give me advise or help me with a template for this problem.

I am helping a friend to sort out a commercial coffee machine contract for her restaurant.

What has happen is, my friend was approached by a rep that sells coffee beans and they provide the coffee machine free of charge to use monthly as long my friend orders the coffee bean from this rep's company.
    The original terms the rep offered was for 24 months and my friend said its too long and not interested. Then the rep said he can change it to 12 months. So, my friend agreed to take on the 12 month contract. That was 6 months ago.

The restaurant is now sold and that was in August 2016. My friend requested the agreement she signed for the coffee contract as she wanted to know how much she owes. And the downfall is she cannot find the original copy she had.
    They did sent her something but its not the contract she signed, plus the term remaining is 30 months :O (please see attached)
    Also, the restaurant was trading as a LTD Company.

Here's the questions:

1. Can someone help with a template to request for the original agreement please?

2. Being a LTD Company and now its has ceased trading, will my friend still need to continue the payments?

Thank you in advance for all advises.

bobo xx
    Attached Files
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Re: Commercial agreement

bump

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing View Post
      a commercial coffee machine contract for her restaurant.

. . . . my friend agreed to take on the 12 month contract.

The restaurant is now sold

They did sent her something but its not the contract she signed, plus the term remaining is 30 months :O (please see attached)
      Also, the restaurant was trading as a LTD Company.

Here's the questions:

1. Can someone help with a template to request for the original agreement please?

2. Being a LTD Company and now its has ceased trading, will my friend still need to continue the payments?
      The answer to your questions is going to be questions for you to get your friend to answer.

The only thing I can say for sure is there won't be a template letter to resolve this issue.

Are you saying that the restaurant 'ownership' (a lease?) was in your friend's own name or in the name of a limited company which she was a Director of (I think that's what you are saying but need to check)?

Was this coffee machine contract in her name or in the company's name?

You say that company has ceased trading, does that mean it's been struck off or gone into liquidation or what is the current status of that company and/or any other possible/potential creditors?

When the restaurant was sold was there anything in the 'sale documents' which provided for existing business contracts to be assigned to the buyer?

Did the original contract allow for the contract to be assigned?

And most importantly where is the coffee machine now? Was it collected by the supplier when the restaurant was sold? Or is the new owner of the restaurant using it?

More info needed

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        The answer to your questions is going to be questions for you to get your friend to answer.

The only thing I can say for sure is there won't be a template letter to resolve this issue.

Are you saying that the restaurant 'ownership' (a lease?) was in your friend's own name or in the name of a limited company which she was a Director of (I think that's what you are saying but need to check)?

Was this coffee machine contract in her name or in the company's name?

You say that company has ceased trading, does that mean it's been struck off or gone into liquidation or what is the current status of that company and/or any other possible/potential creditors?

When the restaurant was sold was there anything in the 'sale documents' which provided for existing business contracts to be assigned to the buyer?

Did the original contract allow for the contract to be assigned?

And most importantly where is the coffee machine now? Was it collected by the supplier when the restaurant was sold? Or is the new owner of the restaurant using it?

More info needed

Plan B x
        Hi PlanB! Thank you for looking into this

Are you saying that the restaurant 'ownership' (a lease?) was in your friend's own name or in the name of a limited company which she was a Director of (I think that's what you are saying but need to check)? Yes, the restaurant was a leasehold. Trading as Yantung Ltd Company. My friend was the Director. The restaurant was sold in August 2016.

Was this coffee machine contract in her name or in the company's name? The coffee machine agreement is in Yantung Ltd

You say that company has ceased trading, does that mean it's been struck off or gone into liquidation or what is the current status of that company and/or any other possible/potential creditor? The restaurant was sold. therefore it stopped trading and the accountant is finalising the accounts.

When the restaurant was sold was there anything in the 'sale documents' which provided for existing business contracts to be assigned to the buyer? No, its not assigned to the new owners of the restaurant

Did the original contract allow for the contract to be assigned? She cannot remember and the rep did not mention anything of this sort

And most importantly where is the coffee machine now? Was it collected by the supplier when the restaurant was sold? Or is the new owner of the restaurant using it? The coffee machine is not being used. Its still at the restaurant in the storage room

Hopefully all questions answered

bobo xx

Comment

Hi bobo, I've moved your thread to the "General Debt Matters" section of the forum.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing View Post
            My friend requested the agreement she signed for the coffee contract as she wanted to know how much she owes. And the downfall is she cannot find the original copy she had.
            They did sent her something but its not the contract she signed
            According to Companies House your friend's company is due to be struck off on 26th September (next Monday) so they would have to chase her as a Director after that which is highly unlikely to happen.

She needs to ask them for a copy of the contract including the Ts & Cs first. I wouldn't write to them again unless they write to her with legal threats (which I doubt).

Returning the coffee machine would have helped. Could she still do that if necessary?

Plan B x
            Last edited by PlanB; 20 September 2016, 11:07.

Comment

According to Companies House your friend's company is due to be struck off on 26th September (next Monday) so they would have to chase her as a Director after that which is highly unlikely to happen.

She needs to ask them for a copy of the contract including the Ts & Cs first. I wouldn't write to them again unless they write to her with legal threats (which I doubt).

Returning the coffee machine would have helped. Could she still do that if necessary?

Plan B x
              Hi Plan B! Thank you for reply. Yes, the coffee is available to collect. I have told my friend not to do anything until they writes to her or request further payments. bobo xx

Comment

Hello All!

Just out of curiosity with defaults.

I have found a default notice for mint credit card. On the letter it says "Date of this notice: 27th November 2010" but yet on credit file its showing default date is 20/01/2011.

My question is.....how come the default date is showing later on credit file? Can anyone help please?

bobo xx

Comment

A CRA default is not the same as a CCA default

Explained here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Plan B x
                    Hi Plan B! My friend have now received Default Notice, Please see attached.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am planning to send an agreement request as you suggested in previous post.

What my main worry is. I have noticed ".....any guarantor to the Agreement"
                    I have asked my friend about it and she cannot remember if she signed as a personal guarantor :O

Only way to find out is requesting the original agreement ..... right?

I am going to email "1pm " on my friends behalf as she is stress with worry and do not know how to handle this situation. Not that I know either....lol! Relying on you guys here

But any advise would highly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

bobo xx
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'm unsure why you've posted documents here. Your friend needs to request copies of the contract. If you are on about emailing the request you need to do it as her using her email.

It is not a s.77-79 request nor a SAR (as it was a business) - so just request a copy of the contract.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          I'm unsure why you've posted documents here. Your friend needs to request copies of the contract. If you are on about emailing the request you need to do it as her using her email.

It is not a s.77-79 request nor a SAR (as it was a business) - so just request a copy of the contract.
                          Sorry Niddy! Just wanted advise. bobo xx

Comment

Working...
                          X