GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What are the legal precedents for signing digitally? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the legal precedents for signing digitally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the legal precedents for signing digitally?

I've just had a snotty letter from Barclays, saying that they won't accept the change of address in the letter I sent them because I didn't sign the letter. I did, of course, sign digitally.

Before I write back to them, are there any statutes or case law I can cite at them to show that signing digitally is valid?

Re: What are the legal precedents for signing digitally?

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
    I've just had a snotty letter from Barclays, saying that they won't accept the change of address in the letter I sent them because I didn't sign the letter. I did, of course, sign digitally.

Before I write back to them, are there any statutes or case law I can cite at them to show that signing digitally is valid?
    You could be blind and mark it with an X..... they don't need a signature to validate you, they can validate you other ways (phone security etc) so if anything sign slightly differently, for example sign then put a clear red line through the middle..... stops them copying it
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: What are the legal precedents for signing digitally?

I think I'll fire off a complaint to the CEO's email again. I've written to the previous CEO, Bob Diamond, from the same email address so they're going to have to accept that it's me.

I love writing to CEO email addresses, it really does get results.

Comment

Working...
      X