GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ccj's and income - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ccj's and income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccj's and income

I'm curious to how they work out payments on a debt when they get a ccj, does anybody know????

Re: ccj's and income

I don't know. Mine was set at £1 a month because of being on benefits. I bet they wish they'd accepted the £5 a month I'd offered before it went to court
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I don't know. Mine was set at £1 a month because of being on benefits. I bet they wish they'd accepted the £5 a month I'd offered before it went to court
      Mine was also set at a £1 a month until payplan told me put an offer £3.89 instead i wish i had just left it now cos i have to apply for a variation to reduce to a £1 and its proving a pain in the arse

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        Mine was also set at a £1 a month until payplan told me put an offer £3.89 instead i wish i had just left it now cos i have to apply for a variation to reduce to a £1 and its proving a pain in the arse
        I don't know why Payplan told you that...they're supposed to be helping you.

Do you need to apply for a variation if the payment was set at £1?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          I don't know why Payplan told you that...they're supposed to be helping you.

Do you need to apply for a variation if the payment was set at £1?
          Hi,
          Have a ccj, judge ordered me to pay £10 when with cccs was paying £20, so we pay £10 bargain their solicitors often write and demand £20 we just write back and tell them we pay only £10 as decreed by judge so & so and thats all we can afford thats been running 4 years now so just pay the £1 quote the judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            I'm curious to how they work out payments on a debt when they get a ccj, does anybody know????
            Hi,
            In answer to your ? have 2 ccjs the amounts set were by way of I/E forms stating what we could afford. (well tweaked)

Comment

I know they're funded by the banks, just like CCCS but they're still "supposed" to be helping the debtor. I don't see how they've helped Spent2Much by voluntarily increasing the payments

I'm not sure why Spent needs to spend money to apply for a variation if the judgement was set at £1

Anyway, we've digressed from the OP...

Comment

so there are no hard a fast rules like bankruptcy, it up to the judge??

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                  so there are no hard a fast rules like bankruptcy, it up to the judge??
                  A judge sets what you can afford he wont tell you to pay£200 if you can only afford £20 no point, if it is set too much by way of judgement you just go for a re determination, which you would show a judge I/E and he will set it at what is affordable.

Comment

Working...
                  X