GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script (Un)Reliable Collections - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Un)Reliable Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: (Un)Reliable Collections

I think they have done something to my credit file as I have just applied for a Homebase card and have been told they are looking further into it and will get back to me. They wouldnt do that if everything was OK would they...
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I've checked my credit file with checkmyile and noddle and AW & JD have not defaulted me YET!

It looks like HSBC, Orange & Vodafone have.

I have a feeling they are going to wait a while, say when the others have dropped off my file, Can they do that? Should they have put them on my file when I actually defaulted.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

They should do but it's not unheard of for them to wait.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

IF they do, can't I appeal it or write a 'note of correction' on my credit file.

Comment

TBH I'm not sure. I'd have a look at the section of the forum on defaults.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The problem with defaults are the ICO guidance notes are just that, guidance on how lenders should behave.

How they should and how they do are two different planets.

Although they deal with maximum times before a default should be registered it mostly deals with the other way. Which when consumers were wriggling like hell to avoid a default makes sense.

Now the consumer realises getting one doesnt really mean your first born is sold, the borg are actually downtown right now assimilating people or something equally bad the guidance seems very wishy washy for people who actually want one.

And think the banks have realised keeping some accounts live actually has its merits as a late default will have impact on a recovering credit file. How you deal with that is another matter entirely as a trashed file is the result of going UE.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                And think the banks have realised keeping some accounts live actually has its merits as a late default will have impact on a recovering credit file. How you deal with that is another matter entirely as a trashed file is the result of going UE.
                Well, HSBC have defaulted my bank account while leaving the loan alone. I've just CCA'd DG Solicitors to see if they've got a 'proper' CCA but that's a different thread.
                HSBC DG Solicitors - allaboutFORUMS
                Last edited by pooky2483; 28 May 2013, 16:47. Reason: Entered wrong DCA

Comment

Working...
                X