GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script moving - BT - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving - BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving - BT

i'm in the process of moving house and yesterday spoke to BT about a phone line in the new place. I was told i would get a confirmation email but so far i've had a 'we'll confirm to you in due course' type email. I'm now starting to wonder if they credit check and if this is an issue? Although i am a discharged BR, i've been a BT customer for the last 2 years and haven't missed a payment.

Any thoughts or experience with BT?

Re: moving - BT

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
    i'm in the process of moving house and yesterday spoke to BT about a phone line in the new place. I was told i would get a confirmation email but so far i've had a 'we'll confirm to you in due course' type email. I'm now starting to wonder if they credit check and if this is an issue? Although i am a discharged BR, i've been a BT customer for the last 2 years and haven't missed a payment.

Any thoughts or experience with BT?
    Yes BT credit check you, as does British Gas! However don't worry, they will not decline you they simply request for either £50 or £100 as deposit in case you don't pay (whatever!)

Just give them a few days, it can be a slow process if you done it online - if you have access to a BT line then ring 150 and see what's happening......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Yes BT credit check you, as does British Gas! However don't worry, they will not decline you they simply request for either £50 or £100 as deposit in case you don't pay (whatever!)

Just give them a few days, it can be a slow process if you done it online - if you have access to a BT line then ring 150 and see what's happening......
      ahh thanks Niddy...i didn't think...i rang them to tell them i wanted this one cut off, and they said they could set the new one up for free so i went with it. i can give them a deposit, that's ok...

you're a wealth of info!

Comment

ahh thanks Niddy...i didn't think...i rang them to tell them i wanted this one cut off, and they said they could set the new one up for free so i went with it. i can give them a deposit, that's ok...

you're a wealth of info!
        Ahh you'd have been better doing the home-move thing surely? That would have kept things the same etc (unless there was a fee?) - cos with things like landlines and BB you cannot rejoin the same firm within 30 days after cancelling, we used to do it with Sky to get new boxes, cancel then rejoin for a freebie offer and new boxes but they put a 90 day clause in, so now the wife does it - then 2 years later she cancels and I ring up and get it, then the same again - that way every 2 years we get new sky boxes.

Same with BT - was in Mrs Niddy name and I wanted a new handset so she cancelled and it's now in my name and I got a new hub and phone (cos I use the BT phones, they are smart with the BT hubs)......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i think it was the home move thing...i couldn't keep the same number because it was a different exchange (or something like that). no engineer required thankfully so no charge...we'll see!!! thanks

Comment

i think it was the home move thing...i couldn't keep the same number because it was a different exchange (or something like that). no engineer required thankfully so no charge...we'll see!!! thanks
            Ahh then you'll be fine, no credit check or anything.... don't worry, you'll be fine, they sometimes work on things behind the scene and if they know the date you're moving in, they will make the line live for that date (they will message you and say it'll be live at XX time).....

If you're unsure, just call 150 and speak to them :niddy

Comment

I moved exchanges 3 times with BT and its always been one account well 3 different account numbers but only Checked once.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                I moved exchanges 3 times with BT and its always been one account well 3 different account numbers but only Checked once.
                cool thanks Jen it's looking good then!

Comment

Well phone line is up and running, they didn't ask for a deposit so that's good news!

Just waiting for the BB to be set up now (with orange, free with mr c's mobile!)

Comment

Well phone line is up and running, they didn't ask for a deposit so that's good news!

Just waiting for the BB to be set up now (with orange, free with mr c's mobile!)

Comment

Working...
                    X