GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script why a bailiff harasses debtors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why a bailiff harasses debtors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why a bailiff harasses debtors

I hope that this bit of information helps anyone who has to deal with baliffs, who in my opinion are the scum of the earth.
    However the reason they harass is to do with the way they are paid. When a debt is passed to a bailiff company it is then given to a bailiff who may or may not be correctly licenced, (always ask to see his licence before you talk to them), and the bailiff only gets paid when the debt has been fully paid, so they harass you so that you eventually give in and pay up. Dont pay up, if you have an agreement pay it on time and pay the amount agreed, no more, no less.
    Remember bailiffs are like vampires they can only come into your home if you invite them but invite them in once and they can come back.
    If they harass you keep every letter and log times of phone calls, even if you dont answer the phone, which is what I would recommend. You do not have to answer letters which are asking who lives in the property, did they move etc, if the bailiffs are acting on a council's behalf the council can give the correct information using the electoral roll and council tax bills.
    Hope this helps and good luck

Re: why a bailiff harasses debtors

Hi & Welcome

We have a few guides about bailiffs, which pretty much clarify what you've said. Any reason for this? Are you seeking assistance or offering to assist?

Thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi am offering to assist, having read lots of the threads I didnt see anything that told people why they harass, plenty about what to do when( I was going to say if but that was a momentary lapse) they harass. Once people realise why I have found they are less scared of bailiffs who are just bullies as we all know. I can also assist with matters concerning landlords and the tricks that they can pull to intimidate tenants. My job is a support and advice officer as I work at a women's centre ( we deal with domestic violence and child protection issues to a lesser degree ).
      Hope this helps you.

Comment

Awesome thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for joining us. I hope that you can be of help to our members who are struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by queenjomati View Post
            Remember bailiffs are like vampires they can only come into your home if you invite them but invite them in once and they can come back.
            No, bailiffs are not like vampires, as garlic, Holy Water or crucifixes will not repel them.

They can probably be destroyed, though, by hammering an oaken stake through where their heart ought to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              No, bailiffs are not like vampires, as garlic, Holy Water or crucifixes will not repel them.
              And most bailiffs are not going to receive a visit from sarah michelle geller (as much as they would like to).
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X