GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ Letter Lowell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ Letter Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Letter Lowell

Hi guys,

I really need some help and advice here please.

A few days ago I received a money claim CCJ from Lowell for an old o2 account.

I am so angry because I called them twice a few months ago to get the information (dates etc) for when the debt was from as I think it may qualify for stat barred and they never called me back with the relevant info. Next thing I know, I get this letter!!

I do not want a CCJ but I cant afford to pay £540 in the next few days!!

What options have I got?
    Can I go back to Lowell and make a payment plan through them subsequently cutting out the middle man?

It says on this letter that a payment plan was made 30/01/2008 and not adhered to- I dont even remember this far back so I couldn't tell you if that is correct or not.

My main aim in this is to not get a CCJ at all.

I just wish if they had called me back to tell me the dates I could have gotten a stat barred letter out to them (if 6 years had passed)...

Or if I was liable I would have been more than willing to make payment arrangements.

Please help!

Thank you so so much in advance

Re: CCJ Letter Lowell

didn't want to read and run

so are you saying you've got court papers?

Or a letter from the court telling you that you have a CCJ?

Have you had any other correspondence from Lowell?

Comment

IF the debt is Statue barred, then you can use that as a defence against the claim.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I doubt it'll be truly SB if they've now started action, plus the cause of action could affect that - that said let's see what is going on.

Ill ask Andrew to pop in, Rachelw - can you scan the claim form into your PC and get a copy to me? ASAP.....

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

then we'll try and see what can be done here.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I would check the date of the last payment that was made under the 2008 agreement to make sure it isn't statute barred (i.e. more than 6 years since you stopped paying). Its unlikley that it is more than 6 years becaue you would expect them to check that before they issue but its worth looking becuase people do make mistakes over dates.
          This is subject to what MrsD asked in that is it a claim or a judgment you have recived (is it a blue form)?
          They may well enter into a new agreement with you for payment. Its definately worth putting forward a proposal if the debt is not too old. Is the £540.00 the full amount being claimed?
          If you reach agreement with them get it recorded in a Tomlin Order to prevent judgment being entered against you.

Comment

Working...
          X