GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting help for me and our mum - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting help for me and our mum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting help for me and our mum

Greetings All,

Have today received an email from Swain & Co Solicitors who operate near us and deal with amongst other areas of law Social Services Claims, Social Housing, Disability Benefits and Facility Grants as well as general disability advice.

They offer this services free via an outreach service at the two local CAB offices.

Now I am in the process of doing a supersession DLA claim due to my disabilities needing more care at night.

My last claim I did myself with a bit of input from the CAB, however I had to get a reconsideration as the claim was wrong and did not fairly reflect my disabilities.

This solicitor has agreed to handle my claim and also put in a disabled Facilities Grant so our bathroom can be converted to a wet room for our mum as she has difficulties getting in and out and as she is a large lady lifting her is out of the question.

I am also going to discuss about getting the kerb outside our house lowered so I can get the car on our driveway for our mum.

Things are looking good.

BTW my wife as I am sure you can appreciate is totally knackered have to watch over me and care for her mum so I'm going to contact Hampshire County Council about a care plan for her as just a few hours a week at home will take the strain of my wife.

Regards

Re: Getting help for me and our mum

well done, and Good Luck PF
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I hope with a few solicitors letters flying about things will move on as I am getting pissed off with getting the run around.

Regards
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 5 July 2011, 18:29.

Comment

Glad to see you possibly making some headway M8. As we found in our troubles, that solicitor's letter heading makes hell of a difference to the way you or your case are treated.

best of luck
        regards
        Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

Thanks M8 Swain and Co are a small solicitors practice with just the two offices in Havant and Portsmouth and tend not to pile up there work load so as to take care of the customers they do have.

So yes I am hoping that they will turn a leaf for me.

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X