GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The peoples review of the work capability assessment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The peoples review of the work capability assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The peoples review of the work capability assessment

A note from the author

Despite worsening health, I have been compelled to write another People’s Review of the Work Capability Assessment this year,
    to give a voice to all those who continue to be pushed through this flawed system, with no regard for their humanity. I have chosen to

remain anonymous. My name is not important;any one of the people whose stories you will read would have said the same or similar.

I write so that others may bear witness to their pain, humiliation and suffering and the betrayal of those who purport to support them.

Though surrounded by facts and figures, statements and statistics, the true heart of this review is in the section named “The Reality“.
    If nothing else, I urge you to read the testimonies of those for whom this is written

To take their words, our words, to heart and to hold to account those who are responsible. Do not allow yourself to be another bystander.

There are so many atrocities in this world and it is all too easy to become numbed to them, often out of self-preservation, but this is 21 century Britain

-
    Great Britain. Can we truly call it great when innocent people, our families, friends and neighbours, are

being treated like this? Can you let it continue?

I cannot believe that the people of this country would condone this behaviour if they knew what was happening, or that they would be content
    to allow it to continue. I refuse to believe that good-hearted people have been so taken in by the misleading and false stories

in the Press that they would not see the truth if it was shown to them. I think they would be as appalled as I am at the injustice.

I hope those of you who are reading this review will tell them, so that this shameful behaviour is brought to light.
    So the ordinary, decent people of Britain can stand with those who are struggling and demand that they be treated with the dignity and respect

they deserve.

Everyone wants peace of mind and security in their lives and to be dealt with fairly;that is all sick and disabled people are asking for.
    Will those of you who know how badly they are being treated be able to retain that peace in your own hearts and minds if you do

nothing? I hope you will call on the politicians and leaders of our country not just to adopt the language of equality and fairness,
    but to actually make real their promises to protect and support those who are ill, frail or vulnerable.

David Cameron says Britain is a world leader in the rights for disabled people. Whilst the WCA stays as it is and the cruel and inhumane policies
    which led to and continue to support it remain, that can never be true.

Attached Files
Working...
X