GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness

Today has been one of joy for many of us including me in our fight for fair and just recognition in our claims to employment support allowance on mental health grounds.

It has been proved to be discriminatory and an abuse of our rights under human rights and the UNCRPD via a Judicial Review at the High Court Upper Tribunal

This case was brought by two disability claimants with the backing of Rethink and the Mental Health Resistance Network (MHRN) On the grounds that the DWP must proactively seek out and obtain medical evidence themselves and not leave it to those with mental health conditions to collate.

This has a direct impact on me and to explain this under my terms may help you to understand this better.

As many of you already know I had an SAH Stroke and thus needed a deep invasive craniotomy to clip the bleed I had suffered due to being born with a weak middle cerebral artery.

Now this long operation needed manual intervention and as a result caused blood starvation and thus oxygen loss now I in now way blame the NHS here because had I not had this operation I would not be here now typing to you all.

As a result I have damage to my frontal and temporal lobes and this impacts much with executive dysfunction tasks which are best explained here:

Headway - Executive dysfunction after brain injury

As you can see from this link I have memory and motivation issues which greatly impact on my life because many though no fault of their own put it down to laziness which it is not and thus is very hard to deal with and why my claim to benefits as well as losing much of my entitlement over the years has impacted on me and why things such as a 30 day time limit to return forms is no good to me as my brain does not recognize the importance.

So for many of us this Judgement is a right and just one, the actual judgement I have been told will be available within the next 48 hours which of course I will upload it here soon as I get my hands on it as it will be my basis to fight on.

I have heard that the DWP will appeal against this judgement that is their right of course however is it right to waste yet more taxpayers cash in fighting this? I think not and the Government should now suck it and amend the WCA so it is fair to all.

Finally legal proof that WCA disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness - Unfair WCA - Rethink Mental Illness, the mental health charity

Re: Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness

Something many us have actually known for a very long time PF.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness

Mmmmm your not my work partner are you?
      He had a bad car accident about 5 years ago, including a broken back, then 3 years ago was pulled from a house fire, he has most of his left side burned.
      I picked him up from "glenfield" and have been his memory and motivation ever since.
      joking aside.
      I went to atos with him when he was claiming, was told to shut up when I offered information. I was so mad at the time. I was even asked to leave one, or the interview would be canceled.
      They never stopped his benefit though.

kuma
      Do you think I look like Hitler?

Comment

That's brilliant news PF, look forward to reading the judgement.

Did you see the feature on the BBC recently about the ATOS whistleblower-a doctor who resigned because he was disgusted at their methods?

ATOS WHISTLEBLOWER - TEST IS CRUEL AND UNFAIR - YouTube

Comment

Thank you PF and Elsa for sharing these facts with us all.

It is so frightening to think these imbiciles have many vunerable peoples lives in thier hands and literally getting away with murder.

What gives someone who has very little medical knowledge or maybe worse, no medical knowledge, the right to make a decision on peoples lives and overide a GP's diagnosis.

Obviously, because they have government backing, to get as many people off the system, is the reason why they are getting away with murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            That's brilliant news PF, look forward to reading the judgement.

Did you see the feature on the BBC recently about the ATOS whistleblower-a doctor who resigned because he was disgusted at their methods?

ATOS WHISTLEBLOWER - TEST IS CRUEL AND UNFAIR - YouTube
            Yes Elsa and Dr Wood now has a blog here:

Work Test Whistleblower

Comment

Working...
            X