GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay more Fun - Housing Association Rental Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yay more Fun

What I had to do years ago was the following (Actually Happened):-

Landlord got nasty, wanted us out, eventually things got out of hand, only as a last resort did the Housing Office stated you will have to go into B&B for now, as you are both working and daughter is at school you cannot claim assistance, we had to move out after this, as we arrived at B&B a visit from Council guy made sure all was well and then stated now you are in B&B and are under the council instruction, we have to offer you accomodation , the place we will offer will be vacant in 3 - 4 weeks.

4 weeks later we moved into Temporay Accomodation, 9 months later a new Housing Association accomodation was available and we had to take that.

so Housing requirement must be as per their rules. Private you do not stand a chance on social houseing it would seem.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I do agree that social housing is by far the best option. I am in private and even when things are wrong you never want to complain "just in case". Val on the other hand spent her last year in a council property and it couldn't have been different. My in laws lived in council as does my OH's mother and although the properties may not be perfect they are assured and for certain problems you get same day visits. Think long and hard

Comment

Find out whether if you clear the current arrears you'd be entitled to a transfer to another flat on your HA's books because it has a huge portfolio of property You may have to start again with another probationary or starter tenancy but that's not a real problem.

Also what was the reason you became entitled to social housing last July (it's not automatically available to anyone and everyone) and maybe that *need* can be duplicated elsewhere with another housing association. Were you living with parents so it was seen as *overcrowding* or what?

Comment

We were living with partners adoptive parents and when her adoptive dad got ill and then subsequently passed away we were given an eviction notice from partners adoptive dads brothers that wanted their share in house when he passed away.

Due to income we were unable to go private rental and deemed un-intentionally homeless.
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

You've got loads of time to resolve this situation so let's keep up the research and see what options are open to you. In the meantime you know you're safe in your home until mid January 2013

Yesterday in court probably gave you a bit of a fright but you came out of it better than I expected because 42 days is usually the maximum delay for an eviction after a possession order and not three months. And remember evicting you isn't compulsory for the HA, if you find somewhere to go you can always agree an exit date between yourselves. Eviction only happens when a tenant refuses to budge and the Landlord makes an application to the court for a warrant to throw them out. So try and keep a line of communication open with the HA and you never know what may happen

Comment

Been to CAB 2day and Sue is gonna have a chat with Marches about possible trasfer or a further 12 month starter tenancy but isnt holding out hope
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                Been to CAB 2day and Sue is gonna have a chat with Marches about possible trasfer or a further 12 month starter tenancy but isnt holding out hope
                If you don't pay off your rent arrears I'd say there is no hope of another starter tenancy or a HA transfer or rehousing by your local council. Sorry to be blunt but that's the truth

Comment

She is using that as a bartering tool at present.

All i need to do currently is pay the HB shortfall each week according to her 2day

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                    She is using that as a bartering tool at present.

All i need to do currently is pay the HB shortfall each week according to her 2day
                    Give that woman a medal for endurance

Comment

I like my cake and enjoy eating it. and then crave more

Comment

Male?
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                          Male?
                          yes i am male

i just have a wants list bigger than my arm lol

Comment

Want a car
                            NEED a home then
                            Hard choice?
                            Hope not

Comment

Well said Jon!
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                                Want a car
                                NEED a home then
                                Hard choice?
                                Hope not
                                No its not as i said though i do like to plan for the eventuality of needing another car for when missus passes her test.

Call this a plan b if you like

Comment

Working...
                                X