GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Enough now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment by Telephone at Work send Recorded Delivery and keep copy on file
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Harassment by Telephone at Work send Recorded Delivery and keep copy on file
      Morning Tech Clerk, thank you so much. Have a lovely day.

Comment

• This happened to me a couple of times ,the letter deffo works ,mind you I did call them impolitely told them to do one .As TC says keep a copy .xxxxx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
          This happened to me a couple of times ,the letter deffo works ,mind you I did call them impolitely told them to do one .As TC says keep a copy .xxxxx
          Hi , did you I am doing my best to avoid them ....
          I have so much to learn , I can’t believe how arrogant these companies are , they don’t reply to CCA request then bombard you with letters then phone calls not caring nor considerate of the fact that you are probably at work , they never had my mobile number so my provider has obviously given it to them !
          I will send the letter and see what happens , I am not sure which account they are ringing me about , would you send one letter for each account ? Or just the one ? Xx

Comment

• Are you absolutely sure they did not have your phone number, did you give it on the original application?

Your employer should never have given out your phone number

Comment

• Are you absolutely sure they did not have your phone number, did you give it on the original application?

Comment

• Hi Warwick , I don’t usually give out my mobile number. But today I have looked at my work mobile number and I had several missed calls and texts messages. I can only assume that the mobile phone companies have given my details out ? Perhaps. ?
                Previously I have had these companies contacting HR who have then emailed me.

They quote account numbers so , I will make a note of these and send them individual letters by recorded delivery.
                Not happy I can tell you, I am already being contacted on my personal mobile during work hours, now on my work mobile ( thankfully I don’t answer my work mobile except to those stored in my phone ).what do you think ? Do Mobile phone companies give out personal details ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                  Are you absolutely sure they did not have your phone number, did you give it on the original application?

Hi Warwick , I don’t usually give out my mobile number. But today I have looked at my work mobile number and I had several missed calls and texts messages. I can only assume that the mobile phone companies have given my details out ? Perhaps. ?
                  Previously I have had these companies contacting HR who have then emailed me.

They quote account numbers so , I will make a note of these and send them individual letters by recorded delivery.
                  Not happy I can tell you, I am already being contacted on my personal mobile during work hours, now on my work mobile ( thankfully I don’t answer my work mobile except to those stored in my phone ).what do you think ? Do Mobile phone companies give out personal details ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post

Hi , did you I am doing my best to avoid them ....
                    I have so much to learn , I can’t believe how arrogant these companies are , they don’t reply to CCA request then bombard you with letters then phone calls not caring nor considerate of the fact that you are probably at work , they never had my mobile number so my provider has obviously given it to them !
                    I will send the letter and see what happens , I am not sure which account they are ringing me about , would you send one letter for each account ? Or just the one ? Xx
                    Hiya , I wouldn't have normally but inward on a shop floor !!!!!!! And mad woman came out of me ,it didn't happen again ,any chance you can change your mobile number ?? Don't worry about not speaking to them probably best . Take care xx

Comment

• Not inward should have said I was

Comment

daily phone calls continue from Cabot , varying times. Now starting to phone me in the evenings.
                        I have been thinking of sending the telephone harassment letter , getting fed up with them now.

Cross-check the account numbers on those texts in case Cabot is chasing you for a new debt which they've only just been assigned. There tends to be a flurry of activity when they buy a new debt.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Cross-check the account numbers on those texts in case Cabot is chasing you for a new debt which they've only just been assigned. There tends to be a flurry of activity when they buy a new debt.

Di
                          Hi Di, thank you for your reply, I will take a look , I have received some letters so will update posts then including the texts messages and voicemails.
                          Many thanks.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT : Lloyds TSB cc
                            Date commenced : January 2004
                            approx balance : 8100
                            last paid in full : before July 2008
                            ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
                            Account owner : Cabot Financial

01/2004 : letter received offering credit card , applied.
                            01/04: letter from Lloyd’s ...

July 2008: DMP started
                            08/2008: letter from Lloyd’s stating account still in arrears and no arrangements have been made. “
                            09/08: letter sent from me advising them the DMP company would have written to them out,inning my position etc ....
                            09/2008: letter from Lloyd’s headed DEFAULT NOTICE
                            02/09: letter from Lloyd’s confirming new payment arrangements.
                            08/09: letter from Lloyd’s informing me that my account is in arrears and it has been passed onto the Collection centre.
                            09/09: as above re arrears
                            10/09: letter from me to Lloyd’s informing them that payments have been made. Stating that they have continued to apply interest to account which has intensified the debt, and breaches the banking code. I requested that interest is stopped. ....
                            10/09: letter from Lloyd’s informing me that I have not responded to recent attempts to contact me
                            10/09: letter from Lloyd’s Collections thanking me for contacting them about my difficulties,
                            10/09: letter from Lloyd’s with details of monies paid and outstanding payments
                            10/09: letter from dmp company advising that Lloyd’s are unable to accept offer as they ‘want a larger payment ‘.
                            10/09: statement received from Lloyd’s,
                            10/09: letter from CCCS, advising that Lloyd’s are unable to accept payment proposal as they want a ‘larger payment ‘.
                            11/09: letter sent from me to Lloyd’s informing them that they will have all the information .
                            11/09: letter from Lloyd’s stating that despite previous letters, no arrangements have been made to repay .....
                            12/09: letter sent from myself to Lloyd’s informing them that I have indeed replied to their letters , yet no response has been received from them
                            12/09: letter from Lloyd’s ..
                            12/09: letter from Lloyd’s acknowledging my complaint, afte4 completing their investigation they are unable to accept my complaint ..... they inform me that the account will be sent to the recovery department, once the legal letters have been sent.
                            01/10: letter from Lloyd’s requesting full financial statement, until they receive this normal action to recover money will continue , further letters will be sent before the acquisition sent to the recovery team.
                            01/10: letter from dmp provider stating that Lloyd’s are unable to accept payment proposal as they want a larger payment.
                            01/10: letter from SCM solicitors advising me that despite several reminders including the issue of a DEFAULT NOTICE, my account remains out of order. Interest will continue to be applied on a daily basis.
                            05/10: statement from Lloyd’s, interest applied
                            06/10: statement received from Lloyd’s, interest applied
                            05/11: letter received from Lloyd’s giving me notice of missed payment.
                            06/11: letter from Lloyd’s accepting payment arrangements
                            07/11: letter from Lloyd’s stating that payments are in arrears.....
                            05/12: statement received from Lloyd’s
                            05/13: statement received from Lloyd’s
                            01/14: letter from Lloyd’s advising that a repayment review is due.
                            05/14: statement from Lloyd’s.
                            09/14: letter from Lloyd’s advising repayment amount accepted.
                            09/14: letter from Lloyd’s confirming repayment arrangements acceptable , payments should be made no later than the 25th of each month.
                            09/15: statement received from Lloyd’s
                            05/15: letter from Lloyd’s repayment review due
                            07/15: letter from Lloyd’s advising that they have assigned all rights etc to Cabot .
                            07/15: welcome letter from Cabot Financial
                            04/16: statement from Cabot
                            12/16: statement from Cabot
                            06/17: statement from Cabot
                            12/17: statement from Cabot
                            01/18: letter from Lloyd’s informing me that repayment proposals accepted, ( dmp provider will have sent letter out ).
                            06/18: statement from Cabot Financial (Europe ) Limited
                            09/18: CCA request sent.
                            09/18: letter from Cabot thanking me for my request for information, ‘we do not hold that information on file and have requested this from the original lender ‘
                            10/18 : letter received today stating they they are still processing my request , as such the current agreement is unenforceable, the original creditor has been contacted.

They thank me for making payments ( they won’t yet be aware that my DMP has been stopped ).

PLAN : file letter.

11/18: letter received from Cabot advising that they have been unable to obtain the information from the original creditor, if this ever becomes available they will complete my request, until then this account is unenforceable.

Plan : file letter safely.

Letter received from Cabot 11/18, informing me that I have missed my latest payment, they want to help me get back on track .......... etc etc
                            PLAN : file.

12/2018: letter from Cabot Financial stating that I have missed a payment , they have been trying to contact me .....
                            PLAN : file letter

01/2019 : statement received
                            Also letter wanting to help me get back onto a repayment plan ......
                            PLAN : File

letter received from Cabot dated 1/19, informing me how much I have left to pay, PLAN : file

Feb 2019 : letter received from Cabot asking me to talk to them about my situation.
                            Also 6 text messages sent to my work mobile phone. Plus txt to my personal mobile and numerous voicemails.

My plan is to send a letter to them regarding harassment there ‘hold several ‘ accounts shall I just send the one or individual ones with account numbers etc ?
                            Hi , update as above what do you think about the letters ? Many thanks.

Comment

So now debts , I will complete one entry for each.

Type of account : credit card ( previously MBNA )
                              date commenced : ? I haven’t got any documentation , but it will be before July 2008.
                              Approx balance : £2500.00
                              Date last paid: before July 2008
                              On DMP , running from July 2008
                              Account owner : Idem servicing

06/09: letter from MBNA re my ‘financial difficulties ‘.
                              10/11: letter from MBNA re my ‘financial difficulties ‘.
                              10/11: Default notice, to remedy this ‘breach’ need a payment of £5402.44
                              11/11: letter from MBNA informing me that my account has been terminated £7366.05 outstanding.
                              01/12: welcome letter from Idem
                              01/13: statement
                              01/14: statement
                              01/15: statement

10/17: letter sent to Idem offer F&F
                              10/17: letter from Idem stating they are unable to accept F&F offer.

01/18: statement
                              09/18: letter from Idem thanking me for my recent CCA request.
                              10/18: letter from Idem stating they are unable to supply me with a cope of CCA......
                              10/18 letter received today from MBNA advising me that they should have sent me a Notice of Sum in arrears ,
                              in 2009, as a result of an error that didn’t happen.
                              So to put things ‘right’ they are advising me now. They also included an ‘arrears’ leaflet.
                              Not bad really is it only 9 years later than when I should have received it.

12/2018: letter from Idem servicing advising that there is no agreed payment plan in place for my account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next 7 days my account will be reviewed for further action...

PLAN: file letter

Letter dated 1/19 from Idem stating that the full balance is now due, it is essential that I make contact with them within 7 days to solve this and prevent further recovery action. PLAN : file

letter dated 1/19: statement

letter dated 1/19, ‘we are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak with you about your account, they would like to understand my situation so they can place me on the most appropriate payment arrangement. Failure to do so may result in
                              1) a representative may be instructed to visit your property
                              2) my account may be placed with an external debt collection agency.

PLAN : File

02/2019
                              Letter received from Idem , requesting that I make contact within 10 days as they have attempted to contact me on a number of occasions. Should they not receive any contact then ‘we will’ appoint an external company , Resolvecall, to visit my property, to regain contact so my current financial situation can be discussed and repayment plan put in place ....

PLAN : Do I need to respond to this or just file ?

Feb 2019 : letter received from Resolvecall they advise that they have been instructed to contact me. Idem state that they have not been able to contact me .......if I do not contact them within 7 days this ‘may’ lead to a visit by one of the representatives...... PLAN : FILE
                              Update as above.

Comment

Type of account : HALIFAX CC
                                DATE COMMENCED : before July 2008
                                Approx balance : 4700
                                date paid in full : before July 2008
                                On DMP SINCE JULY 2008
                                Status ? No default letter received.
                                Account owner : Cabot financial

03/09: letter sent from myself to Halifax requesting that they stop applying interest charges.
                                03/09: I receive an email from HR advising that Global international are trying to contact me.
                                03/09: letter from global ASKING ME TO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER.
                                04/2009: sent by me to Halifax making a complaint against Global international ( acting for them ) who contacted my HR department at work , when I contacted this person , he was very threatening, encouraged me to borrow money to pay this debt off.
                                04/09: letter from Blair Scott and Oliver, acknowledging my complaint.
                                04/09: letter revived from Halifax regretting that I had cause to complain.
                                04/09: letter received from Halifax , saying how sorry they where about my complaint. They advised me that I may be aware that they have transferred this account to Blair Scott and Oliver , ( no letter was received).
                                05;09: letter from Financial Ombudsman Services
                                07/09: letter from FOS acknowledging my complaint.
                                07/09: letter received from Blair Scott & Oliver, advising that the debt has been transferred to them !

07/10: letter from BS&O thanking me for maintaining payments. £9247.39 outstanding.

11/11: letter from BS& O stating that payment hasn’t been received and informing me of amount outstanding.
                                11/11: letter from BS&O advising me that my account is in arrears.

03/12 Letter from BS&O, FINAL NOTICE instalment plan remains in arrears.
                                04/12: another letter from BS AND O advising me that account is in arrears.
                                5/12: another letter acknowledging payment plan.

11/13: from Halifax informing me that BS and O will change their name to Halifax Retail Recovery.
                                08/14: letter from Halifax accepting payment plan.
                                8/14: another letter from Halifax saying the same as previous letter.
                                09/14: another letter saying the same as above ( I would have just had a dmp review in August ).
                                11/14: letter from Halifax confirming payment arrangements are acceptable.
                                12/14: statement of account received from Halifax
                                07/2015: from Halifax to advise that they have assigned all rights to Cabot Credit Management Group.
                                07/15: letter from Cabot to say they have purchased the account.
                                04/16: statement received from Cabot
                                12/16: statement received from Cabot
                                06/17: statement from Cabot
                                12/17: statement received from Cabot
                                06/18: statement received from Cabot
                                07/18: letter received from Cabot ‘we would like to help you close your account,
                                09/18: CCA request sent.
                                09/18: response received stating they do not hold the information on file and will request same from Halifax.
                                09/18: letter received from Cabot stating that they have been unable to provide me with the documents, so the debt is unenforceable. They thank me for making payments.

WB 10/18: Letter sent to Stepchange cancelling DMP, DD cancelled.

11/18: letter received from Cabot advising that they have been unable to get the information required from the original lender, if this information ever becomes available they will complete my request, but until then my Credit agreement is unenforceable.

Letter received from Cabot /11/18,
                                advising me that I have missed a payment , this has caused my to ‘plan to break’. They state that I have been making progress to reduce balance and what to help me get back on track.
                                PLAN : File.

12/2018: Lettr received from Cabot Financial advising that I have missed a payment and my payment plan has been cancelled .. ’let’s work together’ .......
                                PLAN : file letter

12/18: letter dated from Cabot wanting to help set up a repayment plan, they would like to know what went wrong ....
                                plan : file

01/2019: statement received

1/19: letter dated from Cabot
                                informingme how much I have yet to repay, PLAN : file

FEB 19: letter received from Cabot requesting contact PLAN : File
                                Update as above

Comment

Working...
                                X