GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Enough now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True they don't rush,
    some may reply that they are dealing with your request, some may say they have sent to the original creditor, some will ignore it o,r some may just send it to you aout of the blue ages later,
    don't worry about it, just bide your time.

enjoy your weekend xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      TYPE OF ACCOUNT : Halifax CC
      DATE COMMENCED : June 2005
      approx balance : £4700
      last paid in full : before July 2008
      ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
      Account owner : Cabot financial ( for Westcott).
      Response received today , dated 24th September, stating that the relevant paperwork isn’t on file, a copy of the documents will be requested from the original lender. I notice that the current creditor has changed to MFS PORTFOLIO LTD.
      Last edited by Rosebud; 14 February 2019, 22:30.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT :Lloyds tsb cc
        Date commenced : January 2004
        approx balance : 8170
        ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
        Account owner : Cabot Financial
        Letter received today dated 9/18, stating that the original documents are not on file and they will be requesting a copy of this from the original lender , Lloyds Bank.

Lloyds bank were the most difficult to deal with , they added on loads of interest , refused to accept any payment plan for at least 2 years after my DMP started ....

Current creditor MFS PORTFOLIO LTD
        Last edited by Rosebud; 14 February 2019, 22:31.

Comment

Type of account : MINT CC,
          DATE COMMENCED : before July 2008
          approx balance : 4300
          Date last paid , prior to July 2008
          On DMP SINCE JULY 2008
          Account owner : Cabot Financial ( for Westcott).
          Letter received today stating that the original documents are not on file , a copy will be requested from the original creditor.
          they give me an outstanding balance and state that I do not have a plan in place with them, despite the fact that this has been managed by stepchange since July 2008.
          Last edited by Rosebud; 15 February 2019, 22:22.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT : NatWest cc
            DATE COMMENCED : June 2005
            approx balance : £3452.14
            ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
            Account owner : Cabot financial ( for Westcott).
            Letter received today stating that they do not hold the relevant information on file , a request will be made to the original lender to supply the documents.
            The letter goes on to say that the outstanding debt remains as above , and that I do not currently have a plan in place with them.

Comment

Type of account : BARCLAYCARD
              DATE COMMENCED BEFORE JULY 2008
              approx balance : 4928.94
              Paid in full : prior to July 2008
              OM DMP SINCE JULY 2008
              ACCOUNT OWNER : Link Financial
              Absolutely no response at all to my request .....

Comment

Type of account : CO-op bank CC.
                DATE COMMENCED : before July 2008
                approx balance : £5384.70
                Last paid in full : before July 2008
                ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
                Account owner : Link Financial
                Absolutely nothing at all received from this company ....

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  True they don't rush,
                  some may reply that they are dealing with your request, some may say they have sent to the original creditor, some will ignore it o,r some may just send it to you aout of the blue ages later,
                  don't worry about it, just bide your time.

enjoy your weekend xx
                  Hi nightwatch , thank you for your reply. I am just wondering what I need to do now, 6 out of 8 responses received all stating they don’t hold this information and that they will request same .....

in in terms of continuing to make payments ? Do I continue ? or do I stop making payments to them until they can provide the appropriate papaerwork. ?

I have read read that step change won’t continue to manage this plan now is that right ?

My payment for this month will go through on Monday so I assume that they will receive this money this month ?

Sorry for for so many probably very simple questions , you too have a lovely weekend , thanks again.

Comment

The decision on whether to pay has to be yours, however if they have no documentation how can they enforce? If you are with Stepchange they will not help you to ‘play with accounts’, you will need to take control yourself and deal with all the rubbish that will follow. If your payment to them is a DD it may be too late to cancel it. I have never used a company to manage my accounts but dealt with everything myself, so that all payment went towards my debts and not a middle man.
                    Read other diaries and you will see what battles you will encounter and also how others have survived - you know you are winning when you start to miss all the letters and phone calls from DCAs!
                    Whatever decision you make you will get support and guidance without judgement from everyone here. Ask any questions because knowledge is power.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      The decision on whether to pay has to be yours, however if they have no documentation how can they enforce? If you are with Stepchange they will not help you to ‘play with accounts’, you will need to take control yourself and deal with all the rubbish that will follow. If your payment to them is a DD it may be too late to cancel it. I have never used a company to manage my accounts but dealt with everything myself, so that all payment went towards my debts and not a middle man.
                      Read other diaries and you will see what battles you will encounter and also how others have survived - you know you are winning when you start to miss all the letters and phone calls from DCAs!
                      Whatever decision you make you will get support and guidance without judgement from everyone here. Ask any questions because knowledge is power.
                      Hi cymruambyth,

thank you you for your reply. I really have no idea on what the process is, I have been reading through diaries and have a little understanding of what those people have done.

I suppose thers no point disputing the CCA agreement if I was to carry on paying them.

I have been with Stepchange for 10 years , previously CCCS, they don’t charge for their services, so all the money I have paid has gone towards paying off the debts.

Thank you , I will speak with stepchange next week and self manage, gives me the control to deal with it all.

I must say say this is such a supportive group , loads of information available.
                      I thank you all for your time and effort you take to support us.
                      Have a lovely evening.

Comment

Once I realised that accounts didn’t have agreements I stopped paying them and with the support of AAD I have cleared most of my accounts. 2 companies were ‘nice’ and I carried on paying them. Now they have cleared from all my credit records, but because I carried on paying a nominal amount I am still fighting them .

You will get a lot of letters/phone calls when you start to fight them, but if you follow the “AAD” way you will survive. Just remember to always check here before doing anything and you will eventually win.do not speak to anyone by phone, a paper trail is always best.

Good luck with everything.

Comment

no CCA then it is up to you which direction to go nobody can tell you but as above worth thinking about

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            Once I realised that accounts didn’t have agreements I stopped paying them and with the support of AAD I have cleared most of my accounts. 2 companies were ‘nice’ and I carried on paying them. Now they have cleared from all my credit records, but because I carried on paying a nominal amount I am still fighting them .

You will get a lot of letters/phone calls when you start to fight them, but if you follow the “AAD” way you will survive. Just remember to always check here before doing anything and you will eventually win.do not speak to anyone by phone, a paper trail is always best.

Good luck with everything.
                            Thank you for sharing your experiences, lots to think about isn’t there , if they don’t reply ? Which 2 of mine haven’t at all ( Link ).
                            All of mine have gone from my credit records now, I have kept a file for each debt , dated replies etc.

Thank you for your very sound advice. Will see what the next few weeks brings. Meanwhile I shall continue reading some more diaries to get an understanding of experiences.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              no CCA then it is up to you which direction to go nobody can tell you but as above worth thinking about
                              Thank you , I was thinking along those lines. Will see what these next few weeks bring. I will update diary as I go along.

Thanks again really value your advice.

Comment

Type of account : BARCLAYCARD
                                DATE COMMENCED BEFORE JULY 2008
                                approx balance : 4900
                                Paid in full : prior to July 2008
                                OM DMP SINCE JULY 2008
                                ACCOUNT OWNER : Link Financial
                                I have just rechecked the tracing system to see if the CCA request sent on the 14th sept has been delivered...... nothing.
                                I have checked that I sent it to the correct address , in a letter I received in October 16, it informs me that Barclaycard has assigned account to Asset Link Capital ( No 5) Limited , who have appointed Link Financial Outsourcing Limited “Link” to ‘service’ the account.

Both addresses are the same. Is it enough that I have ‘sent’ the letter recorded delivery despite the fact that it hasn’t been delivered , or do I need to write to Barclaycard?
                                Last edited by Rosebud; 15 February 2019, 22:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X