GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 3 Very
    Opened: December 2016
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £767
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: November 2017
    Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
    Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
    December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
    March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
    March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
    March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
    May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
    June - Very statement
    July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
    September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
    October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
    November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
    December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
    December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
    January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
    Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
    May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
    June - Received a 20% discount offer.
    July - Received an overdue payment letter
    Another overdue payment letter received - ignored

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
      Opened: January 2012
      Type: PDL
      Current Balance: £481
      Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
      Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
      Arrangement: None
      Owner: Lantern
      Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
      Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
      Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
      Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
      Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
      Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
      Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
      Repayment plan confirmation
      Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
      Repayment plan closed by me
      August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
      September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
      April - Received letter via email '
      we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
      May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
      May - CCA request sent to Lantern and coy to Moriarty Law
      June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
      June - Letter received from Moriarty Law requesting my cca from their client. Account on hold & collection activity suspended
      Letter received in reply to the copy of the cca request I sent to Lantern. They have referred it to their clients. £1 payment is not needed.

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
        Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments

Back to QQ
        Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
        Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails

Notice of sale

Fell off credit report

August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
        we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
        May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
        June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
        June - Letter received from Moriarty Law requesting my cca from their client. Account on hold & collection activity suspended

June - Received statement of account, assignment letter (not letter headed paper) and cca. Cover letter mentions that they have confirmed the bank details to where the loan went?? I am to discuss payment within 30 days,
        Does this mean they have to send a new letter of claim. I'm all ready to send them my DMP information should I just do that?

Comment

Debt 12 QQ

Back to QQ
          Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails

Notice of sale

Fell off credit report

June - Received statement of account, assignment letter (not letter headed paper) and cca. Cover letter mentions that they have confirmed the bank details to where the loan went?? I am to discuss payment within 30 days,

If you've been sent a credit agreement you need to email it to Niddy for an opinion of whether it's enforceable or not using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

I notice you don't say they've produced a Default Notice. Have they?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

If you've been sent a credit agreement you need to email it to Niddy for an opinion of whether it's enforceable or not using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Di
            It's the same CCA that I have been sent from Lantern & QQ already which Niddy has seen and says is enforceable.

Comment

It's the same CCA that I have been sent from Lantern & QQ already which Niddy has seen and says is enforceable.

Can you also answer my previous question about any Default Notice please.

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Di

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Can you also answer my previous question about any Default Notice please.

Di
                I don't have a DN either via post or email, though the SAR from QQ produced a csv file detailing emails, one states they have sent one out.

Comment

Debt 3 Very

January - Very statement
                  June - Very statement
                  October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
                  November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
                  December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
                  December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
                  January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
                  Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
                  July - Another 20% off settlement letter recieved
                  Receiving multiple texts asking to contact them urgently, also recieved an 20% off offer letter, everything ignored.

Comment

Receiving multiple texts asking to contact them urgently

(Re Debt 3 Very)

I've looked at the history and can see that you've not yet sent a s77/79 CCA Request to anyone, so if the relentless calls and texts become upsetting you can send a request to Lowell which should quieten things.

Di

Comment

Debt 3 Very

January - Very statement
                      June - Very statement

July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
                      August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
                      Received a 1 page pre-legal assessment letter. Says they will use information contained within my credit file to understand my financial situation to decide what action to take next. Do I need to do anything? Think I will send a CCA request.

Comment

• see what they send next? do not panic, could send CCA request as Di stated
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• they are using the "assesment" to get you to contact them, your credit file May or may not be useful to them, it will say who you are, so they know you live there,
                          Hold off for now, if they decide to go further they must send you a formal pre legal assesment letter, which is about 5 pages and gives tick box options, with 30 days to reply. you can send a CCA then.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a 1 page pre-legal assessment letter. Says they will use information contained within my credit file to understand my financial situation to decide what action to take next. Do I need to do anything? Think I will send a CCA request.

I would send Lowell a s77/79 CCA Request before things escalate.

Once lawyers get involved (i.e. Lowell Solicitors) it may be harder to stop the legal juggernaut.

Why not nip it in the bud now since Lowell may struggle to produce a compliant catalogue credit agreement.

Di

Comment

Debt 3 Very

January - Very statement
                              June - Very statement

July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
                              August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
                              August - 2nd pre-legal assessment letter
                              2nd pre-legal assessment letter received 12th August.

"we have still not been able to agree repayment...IF we do not hear from you, we will proceed with our assessment to decide whether to take legal action"

Let's see what they next send, shall we?

Comment

• another letter 2nd drawer down. probably have a 7 drawer desk in the threatograms game, cost them monies, NCO are in house desk, as I found out years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X