GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received yet another 'you have failed to make contact, you are £465 in arrears' letter from Very.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
      Debt 11 David Lloyd
      Opened: August 2016
      Type: Gym
      Current Balance: £582
      Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
      Last fill payment: July 2016
      Arrangement: Reduced payments
      Owner: ARC
      ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?
      August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
      August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
      September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
      October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors
      Major Law solicitors letter received.

Date: 12th October 2018

Re: David Lloyd Fitness Limited

Balance £681.98

Dear Sir,

We act for David Lloyd Fitness Limited and have been instructed to contact you for recovery of the above debt which we understand

is still outstanding. We have been referred to previous correspondence sent to you by ARC (Europe) limited and are not aware of any

reason as to why payment is not due.

Unless we hear from you within 14 days we will seek our client's instructions regarding issuing a County Court Claim against you in Northampton County Court for the recovery of this amount. The following costs will be added upon issue:

Debt Balance £581.98
      Court Fee £60.00
      Solicitors Costs £70.00
      Annual Interest (to be adjusted pro rate) £46.56
      TOTAL £758.54

As you can see the issue of court proceedings will mean that the amount you owe our client will increase by £176.56

You should act now to stop further action

Please call our client's agent, ARC (Europe) Ltd, directly on 01932 251040 to agree repayment and cease all further action. ARC (Europe) Ltd will also accept your payment over the phone by debit or credit card. For full details of how to pay ARC, visit their website at www.arceuropeltd.co.uk.

You may want to seek independent legal advice or advice from a debt counsellor or Citizens advice bereau or similar organisation on this matter
      @Diana Mayhew
      Last edited by debrag; 20 October 2018, 09:53.

Comment

• Is that a formal Letter Before Claim with a series of boxes from A - C to tick, and an I & E to complete as part of the forms ?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
          Is that a formal Letter Before Claim with a series of boxes from A - C to tick, and an I & E to complete as part of the forms ?

Di
          post updated so;-
          it looks like a normal lets panic them letter DI x
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
            Is that a formal Letter Before Claim with a series of boxes from A - C to tick, and an I & E to complete as part of the forms ?

Di
            no no tick boxes just a letter as written above

Comment

• Can anyone help at all?

Comment

Major Law solicitors letter received.

@Diana Mayhew
                Sent SAR request to ARC who stated 'we act as data processor on behalf of our client who is the data controller......David Lloyd Leisure Limited is responsible for replying to you under the current data protection legislation'.

I then get an email from David Lloyd asking me to confirm I want the SAR information which I do.

What I get back is a 5 page pdf of pretty much nothing then am told to contact ARC for information as they don't hold any records.
                Last edited by debrag; 27 October 2018, 10:16.

Comment

Debt 13 Trugym
                  Opened: August 2012
                  Current Balance: £86
                  Last payment: November 2015
                  Last fill payment: March 2013 maybe
                  Arrangement: None
                  Owner: Credit Resolution Services

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
                  March - Missed payment
                  April - Missed payment
                  June - balance update by email - £162
                  July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
                  July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
                  September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
                  September - email regarding settlement offer
                  October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
                  October - Payment reminder, £2.44
                  November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
                  December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
                  Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS
                  July - email received:

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at
                  subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.

August -
                  SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move

September - Received possible legal action letter
                  September - Received email saying they will accept me paying by bank transfer. Maybe I should pay them £0.01 a month lol
                  October - Letter received say account will be passed on to Zinc if I don't reply within 10 days.
                  Looked like they are going the route of outsourcing - to Zinc and not legal action so far, should I do something or ignore?

Comment

• Silence is golden!

Comment

• Recieving loads of phonecalls from CRS so will send the harassment letter when I get back

Comment

• Not sure why crs are still chashing me as I received their letter on 29th October saying account would be passed to Zinc within 10 days.

Comment

Not sure why crs are still chashing me as I received their letter on 29th October saying account would be passed to Zinc within 10 days.
                          Which confusion is evidence harassment because it should be Zinc Not CRS chasing you! File that away very carefully!!

Comment

Not sure why crs are still chashing me as I received their letter on 29th October saying account would be passed to Zinc within 10 days.
                            Their timing doesn’t always match that of the rest of the human race! Any delay on their part on helps you.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Which confusion is evidence harassment because it should be Zinc Not CRS chasing you! File that away very carefully!!
                              Well it's only missed calls no letters as yet.

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan
                                Opened: August 2016
                                Type: Loan
                                Current Balance: £4889
                                Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
                                Last fill payment: December 2017
                                Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
                                March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
                                April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
                                May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
                                June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
                                June - Notice of refund of interest (£468
                                June - You have fail to comply letter received
                                July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
                                August - yearly statement received
                                September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018
                                At what point should I be hearing from Westcot? Received letter in July and account closed & defaulted the same month.

Comment

Working...
                                X