GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

My guess, and until you get something in writing it is a guess ,
    The account may well have been sold on , possibly to cabot (hopefully Cabot Financial (UK) )
    If it has been sold you will probably get a new entry on your credit report from the new owners but the default date MUST be the same

If it has been sold, wait and see what they want to do - it might be send a S77 request but don't do anything just yet
    Just checked my updated Noddle report and the loan is still open on there but closed on Clearscore

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
      Debt 4 JD WIlliams
      Opened: June 2013
      Type: Catalogue
      Current Balance: £1740
      Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
      Last fill payment: December 2017
      Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
      Owner: JD Williams
      March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
      July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
      August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
      October - Default noticed recieved
      Finally received a default notice in the post and my credit limit is now £0.

Comment

• date of notice and rectification date??
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well the purpose of the default Notice is so that if you pay up what is outstanding the account can continue.
          You are given a period to comply before the A/c is closed.
          Now if the credit limit is £0 that means they have closed the A/c at the same time as sending the default notice!!
          I am not a lawyer but I should file that away very carefully.

Comment

Do you mean your credit limit is £0 (because they've reduced it which they may be able to do just like they can increase a credit limit) or do you mean the outstanding balance is £0?

Di

Comment

• If the Debtor repairs the Default Notice (missed payments) then the Debtor can continue to draw Credit (The Agreement) however if the credit limit is 0 this means the whole outstanding debt is due.
              Suspended or Terminated?
              Last edited by Roger; 10 October 2018, 20:56. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Do you mean your credit limit is £0 (because they've reduced it which they may be able to do just like they can increase a credit limit) or do you mean the outstanding balance is £0?

Di
                I mean limit is zero as I said, balance is £1742.18.

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Well the purpose of the default Notice is so that if you pay up what is outstanding the account can continue.
                You are given a period to comply before the A/c is closed.
                Now if the credit limit is £0 that means they have closed the A/c at the same time as sending the default notice!!
                I am not a lawyer but I should file that away very carefully.
                Recieved notice of assignment letter from JD Williams, stating that one of the following companies Lowell Group Ltd or Intrum UK Finance Limited may acquire the account, within the next 4 to 8 weeks.

Still a waiting game then.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  date of notice and rectification date??
                  Date of letter is 18th September 2018

Comment

• pay by date?
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Sold Debt to Lowells no doubt so their account would show Zero, CRA default would show original default date but

Comment

Recieved notice of assignment letter from JD Williams, stating that one of the following companies Lowell Group Ltd or Intrum UK Finance Limited may acquire the account, within the next 4 to 8 weeks.

That's a curious letter.

A Notice of Assignment must tell you exactly who the account has been assigned to, and on what specific date.

From what you say you've received a letter which more or less says no decision has yet been agreed as to which business will be purchasing your account sometime in the next month or so.

Thank you for clarifying that there is still an outstanding balance which suggests the account has not yet been terminated.

Di

Comment

• probably another new idea hoping you act to try and stop it, but the usual May/Ifs come to mind????

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            pay by date?
                            21 days from date of letter so this week.

Comment

• Diana Mayhew

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                                Opened: January 2012
                                Type: PDL
                                Current Balance: £481
                                Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                                Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                                Arrangement: None
                                Owner: Lantern
                                Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                                Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                                Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                                Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                                Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                                Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                                Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                                Repayment plan confirmation
                                Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                                Repayment plan closed by me
                                August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
                                September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails
                                Been receiving automated phone calls which have gone to voice mail but no mail so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X