GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BEST WAY OF CHASING OUTSTANDING INVOICE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST WAY OF CHASING OUTSTANDING INVOICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST WAY OF CHASING OUTSTANDING INVOICE

Good morning,

I am trying to help my Son - he has an outstanding invoice from a customer who is point bank refusing to pay for several tons of pea gravel - the total outstanding is over £6K!

The building supplier is aware of her stance but ultimately I think my Son is liable.....he hasn't got the money to pay this and I said I would help him chase the outstanding invoice.

I have written once and requested the money and given her 7 days days - but she is still refusing. The gravel is currently all layed out on her lovely new farmyard driveway!!

Please can you help me to chase this correctly/legally..

Many thanks

Re: BEST WAY OF CHASING OUTSTANDING INVOICE

has your son sent a letter before action? way to go now I would say

Comment

Hi MrsD,

We did a simple letter just asking for payment - and stating we intend on going to Court etc. Should I send another marked Letter Before Action? Is there a standard layout for one of these on here?

Thank you

Comment

14 days letter before action seems to be quoted on many correspondence allowing times for response it seems.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          14 days letter before action seems to be quoted on many correspondence allowing times for response it seems.
          OK thank you - is there a specific wording to use? Is there a template letter on here - I cannot find anything...

Comment

we don't have one as we are usually on the other end of LBAs. Since it's such a lot of money, I would be inclined to get a local solicitor to do it, and then you need to follow through with it, you do need to go to court for the money.

Comment

Go to google and search issuing letter before action, there are plenty of info of contents required via many sites incl which to choose?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

See the following for help * disclaimer - we aren't promoting these links but they do what you're asking! *

-> http://www.theguardian.com/small-bus...s-chasing-debt

-> http://www.contractoruk.com/limited_...templates.html
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  See the following for help * disclaimer - we aren't promoting these links but they do what you're asking! *

-> www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2014/aug/28/small-businesses-chasing-debt

-> http://www.contractoruk.com/limited_...templates.html

Thank you everyone - great help as always

Comment

Working...
                  X