GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problems with cancellation and SKY - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with cancellation and SKY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with cancellation and SKY

Hi

Not sure if l am posting this on right forum if not my apologies .

my daughter moved out last year took out a deal with SKY for tv and broadband. They gave up the tenancy after 3 months - landlord agreed to end tenancy due to dampness.

They contacted SKY and explained that they had to move due to daughters excaberated asthma due to dampness as she has moved back home and we already have SKY we have had conflicting information as to where this leaves them regarding the contract.

some say if there is already SKY that is it, some say no we want the full payment . Does anyone know what is the fact or where l can access this information please.

thank you

Re: Problems with cancellation and SKY

What did SKY say when your daughter contacted them?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      What did SKY say when your daughter contacted them?
      This is part of the problem she keeps getting conflicting information. Ranging from you will have to pay for the service you used to we will send bailiffs. She has had an email from dca asking for £186 but no explanation of how this figure was reached. Can or should we ask for abreakdown of this amount. Thank you for your reply

Comment

She gets conflicting information from SKY?!

You usually have to pay for the whole of the contract but, as there was a genuine medical reason why your daughter moved out of her flat, I'd be tempted to email the CEO with an explanation, mentioning that she's moved in with you and you are SKY customers. Hopefully they will see sense and just cancel the contract with nothing more to pay. The CEO email address is jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Pixie will do this

Comment

Good luck x
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I think the common approach is to ask them to cancel as a gesture of goodwill and reduce all tariffs to the basic. There are set fees now -> http://help.sky.com/articles/charges...contract-early

however, because Sky recently increased their prices I believe you can cancel early - penalty free - before end of (Jan / Feb) - sorry can't remember which (within 30 days of notification?). Worth a go....

We hope you continue to choose Sky. But if you're not happy with any of these changes and you don't want to change your package, you can cancel your Sky Communications Products. If you're within your minimum contract period, call us within 30 days of receiving your notification to avoid early termination charges.
              --> http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-com...anges-for-2015
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X