GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Ombudsman Service - Have your Say

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint

The FOS are a right weird bunch, what reason did the adjudicator give for refusing your claim?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm going to ask for another Adjudicator to look at my case before the Ombudsman gets his or her hands on it.

Lent my lesson with that one a while back

Cheers
      Scrappy Coco
      "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
        Wow complain to the Manager? more mis info from another site. Mind you I like Scrappys having a go at the Adjudicator though = nice one.
        We are dedicated in what we do here hence our info is usually bang up to date and can be vouched for.

yes, if you complain about the adjudicator to the team manager then they may offer compo for the inconvenience and then reassign it to a checking adjudicator (case review handler).

If you do it your way, you miss this out and it gets fast tracked to the Ombudsman. Sod that, I like to argue and kick up a stink.

Batman must have had about a grand in compo from the FOS to date, I have had just shy of £600 in 2 complaints as well. That is compo from the service for the way they handled the complaint

Stick to our route, works best mate
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          The FOS are a right weird bunch, what reason did the adjudicator give for refusing your claim?
          Because they hadn't received all the required documentation back until the 16th August.

As I said why send separate requests when it could have been included in the surrender pack??????

An when you speak to the Adjudicator and ask questions they freeze up like a naughty school kid who's been caught doing something they shouldn't. They never answer the question like bloody politicians

Cheers
          Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
            I'm going to ask for another Adjudicator to look at my case before the Ombudsman gets his or her hands on it.
            No you can't do that, you need to write back to the adjudicator that you're dealing with and then ask for them to escalate it to their team manager as you feel they are siding with the insurer and thus treating you unfairly.

This will then generate a reply from the team manager, whom you then demand allocates it to a case review adjudicator.

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              We are dedicated in what we do here hence our info is usually bang up to date and can be vouched for.

yes, if you complain about the adjudicator to the team manager then they may offer compo for the inconvenience and then reassign it to a checking adjudicator (case review handler).

If you do it your way, you miss this out and it gets fast tracked to the Ombudsman. Sod that, I like to argue and kick up a stink.

Batman must have had about a grand in compo from the FOS to date, I have had just shy of £600 in 2 complaints as well. That is compo from the service for the way they handled the complaint

Stick to our route, works best mate

Compensation from regulators - live & learn, see your reasoning there.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Because they hadn't received all the required documentation back until the 16th August.
                who never received it back until then?

Sorry, am confused......

Comment

What happened is as follows.

We requested the surrender pack on the 21 July 2011 via Fax to speed things up.

Documents received and signed and returned the same day recorded next day delivery. Countrywide received and signed for them on the 22 July 2011.

What should of happened next is Countrywide should have taken the surrender value as of the 22 July 2011.

Instead they held onto the documents and kept sending us more information requested etc.

All the time we believed that the unit price would have been taken from the 22 July 2011.

This isn't what happened, They sat in the surrender docs until the last piece of information from us was received. Copies of Passports, then surrendered the policy. 25 days after they received it. During this time the fund value decreased by £1600 approx

Make sense?

Cheers
                  Scrappy Coco

Comment

What happened is as follows.

We requested the surrender pack on the 21 July 2011 via Fax to speed things up.

Documents received and signed and returned the same day recorded next day delivery. Countrywide received and signed for them on the 22 July 2011.

What should of happened next is Countrywide should have taken the surrender value as of the 22 July 2011.

Instead they held onto the documents and kept sending us more information requested etc.

All the time we believed that the unit price would have been taken from the 22 July 2011.

This isn't what happened, They sat in the surrender docs until the last piece of information from us was received. Copies of Passports, then surrendered the policy. 25 days after they received it. During this time the fund value decreased by £1600 approx

Make sense?

Cheers
                    Scrappy Coco
                    Hiya

Ok, you're going to hate me here - that is what should happen. A policy cannot be surrendered until all relevant info and ID has been received. In a nutshell, had you sent the claim and the ID at the same time then you'd have had the unit price set correctly (ie in July), BUT as they waited for info, they applied it at the date the info was enough to complete a surrender.

I am sitting on the fence, but from my time within insurance, that's how I see it. Countrywide are an IFA - not an insurer, who was the policy with?

Comment

Oh my god. My eldest daughter looks older than her and she's only 15

This is what we have to deal with. leave Uni can't get a job work for FOS and make the right decisions and walk into and job with a financial institution

My personal opinion

Cheers
                      Scrappy Coco

Comment

Hi NID

I don't hate you and I fully understand what your saying from my time in banking.

What's pee'd me off is the fact that each request was sent separately when all the information should have been requested at the same time.

In my opinion they caused the delay by not sending the correct paperwork and the point of contact.

Cheers
                        Scrappy Coco

Comment

Hi NID

I don't hate you and I fully understand what your saying from my time in banking.

What's pee'd me off is the fact that each request was sent separately when all the information should have been requested at the same time.

In my opinion they caused the delay by not sending the correct paperwork and the point of contact.

Cheers
                          Scrappy Coco
                          So when you surrendered the policy, what was the process? Did you just write in asking for it to be surrendered or did you complete a form or what?

Who is the insurer?

Comment

I called them and asked to surrender the policy and could they fax all the information over that day as it was urgent. This they did, but we no know it was the policy surrender documents and nothing else.

I don't know the insurer. All the documentation is from Countrywide Assured Plc dating back to 1992. I've check my file and there is nothing else from anyone apart from them

Cheers
                            Scrappy Coco

Comment

I called them and asked to surrender the policy and could they fax all the information over that day as it was urgent. This they did, but we no know it was the policy surrender documents and nothing else.

I don't know the insurer. All the documentation is from Countrywide Assured Plc dating back to 1992. I've check my file and there is nothing else from anyone apart from them

Cheers
                              Scrappy Coco
                              Ok, that makes more sense ---> Countrywide Assured - Providers of long term financial protection

Countrywide (on it's own) is an amalgamated IFA..... my confusion.

Ok so Countrywide rejected your complaint based on the fact you never sent ID etc off in time, which the FOS are standing by?

Do you have a copy of the policy document, more specifically the surrender policy wording...?

Comment

I will double check as the policy document had to be sent back with the surrender paperwork and I think it was on the back of that.

If I haven't got it, I will SAR them

Cheers
                                Scrappy Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X